Your most embarrassing moment as a Cowboys fan

Mcsports

Reaction score
The blocked game winning field goal attempt - run back / face mask penalty on the return - skins win on ensuing field goal game.

I was at fed ex field that day. Never felt so embarrassed walking out of a stadium in my entire life.
I can’t believe it. That was the last thing that could have happened

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have never been embarrassed to be a Dallas Cowboys fan.
There’s a difference between being embarrassed to be a fan of the team and being embarrassed by the actions or results of the team while still being a fan.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
There's been so many. The 20-0 loss in the playoffs to the Rams might be my worst as far as having to go to school the next day and deal with the smack talk.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Being embarrassed while realizing my favorite team is held hostage by an arrogant 81 year old who has shown for nearly 3 decades that he is literally incapable of building a championship roster in the cap era. Yet he remains in charge. To me that’s embarrassing.
Quite frankly, the NFL should step in and impose a no nepotism rule.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
It's <one> of the primary reasons why it takes me exactly 0.5 seconds to spit out the answer to the question of which NFL team is the greatest I've ever seen. I've been watching the NFL since 1981.

The answer has always been, emphatically, the 85 Bears.
The 1992 or 93 Cowboys beat the 85 Bears easily. We had an all time strong defense too and the 85 Bears offense was average at best. No way they outscore Dallas.

MarkP88

Reaction score
oh please, that game was rigged. They had 10 penalties in the first half alone, mostly against the offense. How many did the Gaints have in the first half, on the road, in Dallas? Zero.
The Cowboys defense was it's usual stellar self as well, right after Romo punches it in the end of the half the defense gives it up within freaking seconds
Tony was not bad in that game, but I do distinctly remember thinking "he's losing his composure, this is not good" on that last drive. He was overall okay in that game (especially factoring in our friend Pat Crayton's flub), but the team needed him to be better.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It's <one> of the primary reasons why it takes me exactly 0.5 seconds to spit out the answer to the question of which NFL team is the greatest I've ever seen. I've been watching the NFL since 1981.

The answer has always been, emphatically, the 85 Bears.
That probably would have been mine too if the 21st century Cowboys aren't included. Just so much this century. lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quite frankly, the NFL should step in and impose a no nepotism rule.
The NFL are the owners. They would not implement a rule they would be obligated to obey.

My only wish is for Jerry Jones to return to what he was before his divorce from Jimmy Johnson: not in charge of football operations. He experienced enormous football-only success within that circumstance. His entire family also. And all fans of his franchise as well.

I am not opposed to Jones doing whatever he wants--as long as the one stipulation be allowing someone qualified manage the team. He did it before, so he is not sacrificing anything of himself. All he has to gain are more Lombardis. It would be a total win-win for him.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
It's hard for me to come back with the same energy after that Green Bay playoff game.

At least the Rodgers losses were close, incredible games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s a difference between being embarrassed to be a fan of the team and being embarrassed by the actions or results of the team while still being a fan.
I do not see it that way. I have no association with the team or players. It has no effect on my life.
I can't do a thing about it, so I do not stress about it. I may comment on it in here, but I do not allow things bother me like that long term, if at all.

Yes, I am still upset how that GB game went down. But life goes on.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've never been embarrassed as a Cowboy fan. If the team screws up that's for them to be embarrassed about, not me.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mine is more of a personal nature. I was walking to the old Texas Stadium, We had parked across the street somewhere. On the way there, there was a serious incline underneath an overpass to get to the stadium. I thought I could simply walk down it, but alas, I was wrong. About halfway down, I started to feel the momentum getting faster as I was going down the hill. There was a guy on the bottom of the hill that saw me and tried to catch me, and we both fell. Poor guy. I was so embarrassed. People around me asked if I was okay. Others that followed me decided they would go down the incline by scooching on their bottoms till they got to the bottom! LOL
I messed up my knee really bad. My jeans were torn, and blood was running down my leg. When I got to Texas Stadium, the first thing I did was go to their "first aid" station. The people inside asked me to take off my jeans so they could dress my wound properly. To this day, I still have a scar on that knee from scraping it so hard. I tell people that I took off my pants at Texas Stadium!! :grin: :laugh:
You should add in a moon shot to the 'Skins!