CZ POLL Your Opinion Of Jerry Jones As Owner And GM

How do you define Jerry Jones as both an owner and general manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeness

Reaction score
Jones got in solely as a contributor per the Hall's rules. The Board of Selectors picked him mainly for his overall influence as an owner that greatly enhanced the league. I would speculate those same selectors have a high regard for Jones as an owner--enough so to enshrine him for all prosperity--despite any misgivings or total lack of respect they may have for him as a general manager.
You would think a sustained record of winning would be required, which Jones obviously does not have.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How can you be a good owner and hire Jerry as GM, then hire Jason Garrett as HC? How does that make Jerry a good owner?

This is why I chose the last option.
As my opinion fluctuates on these type of decisions. But I don't want to say bad owner or a good owner, but for sure a bad GM.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Jerry is in the hall because he made the league a boatload of money. He's still a terrible GM and Owner.
Agreed that was my vote. However, there would be no NFL if it was not for Clint Murchinson hiring Tex Schramm as GM who negotiated with Lamar Hunt to form the NFL as we know it, and negotiating the TV contract that eventually made the NFL no.1 in sports.

Don't believe the hype.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree with the majority, good owner clearly wants to win knows how to market and make money but geez stay out of the football side because you suck at it, started with you running off Jimmy...

th

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I agree with the majority, good owner clearly wants to win knows how to market and make money but geez stay out of the football side because you suck at it, started with you running off Jimmy...

th
But if he only wants to win his way he’s not doing everything within his power to win= Bad Football Owner

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But if he only wants to win his way he’s not doing everything within his power to win= Bad Football Owner
Yes, you could make that argument if you like and it is certainly a negative but look at everything he has done to market the cowboys and look at the stadium, how active he is in the league decisions, also now in the HOF, I'd struggle to call those accomplishments "bad ownership" Oh yeah and how many super bowl rings??

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Then that’s a bad owner too.
You know people are saying good owner based solely on the financial success right?

Edit
I’m ok with this answer because at the end of the day the NFL is about making money. We’d all like to think it’s about winning football games and playing for championships but ultimately that’s only our ultimate goal not there’s.
You were perfectly fine with that answer a few posts ago

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You know people are saying good owner based solely on the financial success right?

Edit

You were perfectly fine with that answer a few posts ago
And I am ok with stating he’s done well financially . But not when using it in the final decision on poll. Which I’m assuming is football related.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, you could make that argument if you like and it is certainly a negative but look at everything he has done to market the cowboys and look at the stadium, how active he is in the league decisions, also now in the HOF, I'd struggle to call those accomplishments "bad ownership" Oh yeah and how many super bowl rings??
Bad football owner. I’m not sure why fans are interested in his financial accomplishments?

As far as his early Rings I guess you’re a fan who is providing him a pass for life?

And those contributions he was inducted for have basically provided Jerry a means to not be held directly accountable for his football failures and watered down the NFL product. Congrats!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bad football owner. I’m not sure why fans are interested in his financial accomplishments?

As far as his early Rings I guess you’re a fan who is providing him a pass for life?

And those contributions he was inducted for have basically provided Jerry a means to not be held directly accountable for his football failures and watered down the NFL product. Congrats!

No I'm just better in touch with reality than some people. His financial accomplishments are what an owner is supposed to do as an owner that's why I give him credit. I also give him credit for hiring Jimmy who put together those championship teams but then distain Jerry him for letting him go because he wanted Jerry to stay out of the football side of things and for good reason, look at what that has given us in the last 20 Plus years. Like I said you can make your argument for Bad=Bad that's fine you have a right and its not that far fetched, however you are in the minority so live with it and move on..Also enjoy your weekend!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No I'm just better in touch with reality than some people. His financial accomplishments are what an owner is supposed to do as an owner that's why I give him credit. I also give him credit for hiring Jimmy who put together those championship teams but then distain Jerry him for letting him go because he wanted Jerry to stay out of the football side of things and for good reason, look at what that has given us in the last 20 Plus years. Like I said you can make your argument for Bad=Bad that's fine you have a right and its not that far fetched, however you are in the minority so live with it and move on..Also enjoy your weekend!!
Then your argument is football isn’t the priority. Or you’re giving Jerry a pass for life with early success.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
And I am ok with stating he’s done well financially . But not when using it in the final decision on poll. Which I’m assuming is football related.
Besides the asterisk next to that selection for the lead it probably deserves one for the way people are interpreting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.