CZ POLL Your Opinion Of Jerry Jones As Owner And GM

How do you define Jerry Jones as both an owner and general manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
With the amount of profit he turns with this team, I don't see how anyone could call him a bad owner.

He wins his Super Bowl every year
Building his personal wealth has nothing to do with him being a good owner for the organization................the organization was already successful and a well respected entity before Jones came along. ......having said that, the organization has done more for Jerry than Jerry has for the Dallas cowboys............had he bought any other team he would not have had the financial success he's had with the Dallas cowboys............the marketing had already been done and established before he arrived on the scene.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Bad owner because he hasn't fired our crappy GM. A new GM certainly would have gotten rid of Garrett by now, without a bad owners meddling of course...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A pie chart showing the sampling of CowboysZone opinion after 324 votes:

Py7kLE3.jpg

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The poll is intended for drawing a sampling of popular opinion on how observers actually see Jerry Jones as owner and general manager of the Dallas Cowboys (he likes his self-appointed President title too but who cares?)

Jerry's failing is trying to make his delusional fantasy that Garrett will be the next Tom Landry a reality. That's how he wants to leave his mark on the Cowboys, and it's just a denial of the reality of who Garrett is an is not. Not an offensive genius. Not even a competent game manager.

Not even a competent judge of coaching talent. Or maybe he is, and simply works to remove coaching competence from the staff to avoid having someone do to him what he did to Wade.

The Kiffinelli abomination was his call. As was Linehan. His guys. He brings in HC failures behind him. Not a mere coincidence.

Eberflus gone. Not a coincidence either.

How many people think Garrett is *not* hamstringing Moore?

Garrett's genius lies in manipulating Jerry and circumstance to protect his reign at the Cowboys. He has no other genius.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
And I am ok with stating he’s done well financially . But not when using it in the final decision on poll. Which I’m assuming is football related.

Good owner, I assume means Good for the Team. Considering that his Ego is the main reason we haven't been successful since the 90's, he simply can't be good for the team, so bad owner.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Popularity and revenue apparently is more important than football to majority of fans.
Are you stating each CowboysZone member, who make up the majority of the vote, believe popularity and revenue are more important than football?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Popularity and revenue apparently is more important than football to majority of fans.

Well I can give Jerrah the revenue part. I don't know if he helped make the team more popular; judging how he got booed at a Stars Game he attended once, one might argue that he is a detraction for popularity too.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Are you stating each CowboysZone member, who make up the majority of the vote, believe popularity and revenue are more important than football?
No, I’m stating the majority of this poll response reflects as such if they believe Jerry is a good owner assuming the intention or interpretation of poll is football related.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Well I can give Jerrah the revenue part. I don't know if he helped make the team more popular; judging how he got booed at a Stars Game he attended once, one might argue that he is a detraction for popularity too.
Right

The poll wasn’t specifically clear in this regard. I responded to a couple fans who said while they didn’t think Jerry was a good football owner he was a good generating revenue owner which I’d agree with.

I’m not sure how they voted. I didn’t see an individual accounting.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I’m stating the majority of this poll response reflects as such if they believe Jerry is a good owner assuming the intention or interpretation of poll is football related.
hmm.

Would you agree or disagree each Cowboyszone member, who make up the majority of the poll, consider football (operations) as one of the multiple responsibilities for grading an owner's performance?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
hmm.

Would you agree or disagree each Cowboyszone member, who make up the majority of the poll, consider football (operations) as one of the multiple responsibilities for grading an owner's performance?
I can’t speak on an individual basis without seeing their vote and knowing their intention or meaning .

I’m simply making a general reference based on my interpretation for the meaning of good owner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
O think it's shocking how many people don't comprehend the business model of an NFL team.
There’s a good poll question.

Do you think Jerry’s ways of running football operations this generation is a good model for the NFL. Lol

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can’t speak on an individual basis without seeing their vote and knowing their intention or meaning .

I’m simply making a general reference based on my interpretation for the meaning of good owner.
Would you agree or disagree your interpretation of 'a good owner' may be different your another person and could be as equally valid?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Would you agree or disagree your interpretation of 'a good owner' may be different your another person and could be as equally valid?
If their interpretation wasn’t focused on football operations then I wouldn’t consider it valid. It might be valid to them or others.

Popularity or generating revenue isn’t something that interest me as a football fan. Every team is making money in the NFL but not all are winning.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If their interpretation wasn’t focused on football operations then I wouldn’t consider it valid. It might be valid to them or others.

Popularity or generating revenue isn’t something that interest me as a football fan. Every team is making money in the NFL but not all are winning.
I see. I will make one last attempt for definitive agreement or disagreement.

Would you say yes, each member of the CowboysZone majority, could make an interpretation of what makes a good owner, using focus on football operations as one of the criteria? OR would you say no, each member of the CowboysZone majority, could not make an interpretation of what makes a good owner since the only criteria in your opinion involves football operations solely?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I see. I will make one last attempt for definitive agreement or disagreement.

Would you say yes, each member of the CowboysZone majority, could make an interpretation of what makes a good owner, using focus on football operations as one of the criteria? OR would you say no, each member of the CowboysZone majority, could not make an interpretation of what makes a good owner since the only criteria in your opinion involves football operations solely?
I couldn’t speak individually without knowing each vote and their interpretation.

I’ve answered all of your questions . I have one for you. How would you describe what your interpretation for “ good owner “ definition was?

Was it football related and if not do you weigh his financial accomplishments more than his football ?

Status
Not open for further replies.