Your preferred choice - Gallup and Schultz or Cooper?

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Did Coop lay down and get covid but no vaccine. I liked Cooper but he seemed a talented space cadet
IWill have Gallup and Schultz at Coops price and we’ll add WR and TE early

Dre11

Reaction score
LOL what's funny is you name 4 TEs and tell me how he's not top 5?????? That is asinine.

Goedert 4 years Career 830 this year, 5 TDs 3 years ago.That just screams elite.

I never said he was Kittles or Kelce or Andrews. But Goedert??? Everyone on this board thinks Cooper at 20 million is still a deal. LOL

Name 1 player who said Cooper 20 million is a deal? They could've restructured the deal. Keep worrying a out the future is why they can't win in the present.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
That gets to my point. Is the issue then with the receiver? Or a coordinator and quarterback that doesn’t get him the ball?
the coordinator could call 15 plays a game to go to Cooper, and Dak can look at him, see a defender about 10 yards "Close: to him and look off to a back sneaking out of the backfield. I dont like blaming coaches as ultimately that QB makes the decision where to go with the ball on every pass play, regardless of the actual play called.

Ultimately, this is why letting Cooper go was a good move.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Samuel 1405 yards. That's what a #1 WR looks like LOL You're argument is pitiful at this point. I'm sure Cooper is just as good.
Ask every GM in this league who they rather have Cooper or Samuel ? Cooper ain’t on that kid’s level.

Dre11

Reaction score
huh.... you think because you tag a guy it means yu need to give an AVG salary of what the tag amount is? Glad you arent in charge of the teams salary cap.

Lol..if you think he's taking anything less than the tag which is guaranteed 10.8 you crazy, it would absolutely bad business and malpractice by his agent if he does.. lol

Big_D

Reaction score
Name 1 player who said Cooper 20 million is a deal? They could've restructured the deal. Keep worrying a out the future is why they can't win in the present.

Just keep pushing it forward? It's a problem with Zeke and Lawrence right now. And they weren't winning a dam thing with him here. Unreal the hand wringing like we lost a hall of famer. Cleveland will realize they severely overpaid in no time. They can't win in the present because of that exact restructure scenario. This team has to get out of that.

Dre11

Reaction score
Samuel 1405 yards. That's what a #1 WR looks like LOL You're argument is pitiful at this point. I'm sure Cooper is just as good.

Again, Kittles is a number 2 option in San Fran..lol, so I ask again what wr corps is Kittles benefitting from, you argument seems to be the one that's pitful...lol

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Lol..if you think he's taking anything less than the tag which is guaranteed 10.8 you crazy, it would absolutely bad business and malpractice by his agent if he does.. lol
If he's as bad as you think shouldn't the agent being grabbing a 3yr deal for 30 with guarantees before the chance goes away?

Dre11

Reaction score
Just keep pushing it forward? It's a problem with Zeke and Lawrence right now. And they weren't winning a dam thing with him here. Unreal the hand wringing like we lost a hall of famer. Cleveland will realize they severely overpaid in no time. They can't win in the present because of that exact restructure scenario. This team has to get out of that.

No worrying about the future is what gets them in trouble, worrying about the cap, Cooper is in his prime at 27, pushing his money forward wouldn't be an issues.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Cooper got some kind of cult following on this board for sure.

Dre11

Reaction score
If he's as bad as you think shouldn't the agent being grabbing a 3yr deal for 30 with guarantees before the chance goes away?

You missed the point, it ain't getting cheaper that 10.8, which his overpaying...lol

Big_D

Reaction score
No worrying about the future is what gets them in trouble, worrying about the cap, Cooper is in his prime at 27, pushing his money forward wouldn't be an issues.

Yet no one in the league was willing besides the Cleveland Browns. Any team could've taken on the contract for a 5th and ... no takers????? That's weird? LOL This team has been restructuring and restructuring and no quality results whatsoever. NONE. Just lonely old Cleveland. A super Smart organization!

Big_D

Reaction score
Cooper got some kind of cult following on this board for sure.

It's like bizarro world LOL Welcome to a place where stats and money mean absolutely nothing!! No drive as a WR, who cares? 1100 and 5 for 20 million... come on down. Here's your yellow jacket. LMAO

Dre11

Reaction score
Yet no one in the league was willing besides the Cleveland Browns. Any team could've taken on the contract for a 5th and ... no takers????? That's weird? LOL This team has been restructuring and restructuring and no quality results whatsoever. NONE. Just lonely old Cleveland. A super Smart organization!

Again, nobody said the contract as is feasible, it's also funny as soon as he would've released he would've been snatched up, Cleveland knew they had Dallas over a barrel because they let the world know he was being released..lol

RoboQB

Reaction score

Jets and Jags were interested.
Most good teams are cash strapped with a good QB or
have a #1WR.
Plus, Dallas wasn't going to trade with an NFC team.

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
It doesn't matter. Cooper is the better route runner but for years, this team has been lacking a true burner, that guy that defenses fear getting behind their secondaries, the Tyreek Hill, Rocket Ismail, OBJ, DJax types. I'm sure I missed many.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the coordinator could call 15 plays a game to go to Cooper, and Dak can look at him, see a defender about 10 yards "Close: to him and look off to a back sneaking out of the backfield. I dont like blaming coaches as ultimately that QB makes the decision where to go with the ball on every pass play, regardless of the actual play called.

Ultimately, this is why letting Cooper go was a good move.

Then based on your description it sounds like the quarterback is the issue, not the receiver.