Your preferred choice - Gallup and Schultz or Cooper?

RoboQB

Reaction score
It's funny how one side is not factoring in the point
that Dallas essentially said "hey, we're gonna cut this guy unless you want him".

My guess is many teams actually thought he'd get cut.
The FO trading strategy is nearly as horrible as their contract strategy.

Mannix

Reaction score
Signing Gallup for ridiculous money is gonna end up being a bigger mistake than anything they do...I see him basically stealing money like Miles Austin did for 3 years...he is a 2 1/2 at best....not a full fledged #2.

Big_D

Reaction score
Again, nobody knew, if they felt they were getting what they wanted out of Cooper he would've been here. Again, Cleveland knew they had Dallas over a barrel and didn't want to fight for him on the open market, you have no idea if others offered or not.

They already announced it. Jags Jets Brown. And all were out except for 1 when it came down to the contract. They didn't get what they wanted out of Cooper. The production did not match the paycheck with or without a restructure.

DonaldM

Reaction score
Cooper is an introvert who plays chess and has other interest outside of football. He didn't fit in. Not one of our guys. Read it somewhere. Plus the QB didn't know how to get him the ball. See ya. He will have a big year this coming season. The 20 mil wasn't the issue.

RoboQB

Reaction score
LOL it's not wrong. The prognosis heading into 21 was not very good at all. Go find me a few positive threads? You'll be a while.

You're claiming Cooper didn't draw double coverage and our offense
wasn't among the top in the NFL!?!

Nah, I don't have to search anything. That's ludicrous.

Hell, everybody felt Cooper not playing in KC is the
only reason we lost. A point I agree with.

RoboQB

Reaction score
So those teams made a better offer and the Cowboys rejected it ? Show the receipts..

Who said they made a better offer? I said they were interested.
Also, they are at, or near, the top of the waiver wire.
Dallas said they might cut Cooper. Those teams gambled on
nobody trading.
My goodness, you can't follow a conversation at all.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
They already announced it. Jags Jets Brown. And all were out except for 1 when it came down to the contract. They didn't get what they wanted out of Cooper. The production did not match the paycheck with or without a restructure.
Jets and Jags would have made a better offer if he were the player that some here believe. Heck it’s obvious those teams would want a WR. Money would not have been a factor if they thought he was a top 10 guy. Which he ain’t.

Big_D

Reaction score
You're claiming Cooper didn't draw double coverage and our offense
wasn't among the top in the NFL!?!

Nah, I don't have to search anything. That's ludicrous.

Hell, everybody felt Cooper not playing in KC is the
only reason we lost. A point I agree with.

I'm saying his contract priced him out of town. You're the one over inflating the value considering they lost with him here and had no playoff success whatsoever..

GMO415

Reaction score
Coop appear to disappear at times. When he "chooses" to be on, he's one of the best. Can't give $20 million for that level of effort.

Dre11

Reaction score
They said they were 2 of the few teams, report was as many as 8 teams was in contact with Dallas for a trade for Cooper. Get what they wanted? I hardly doubt they wanted much considering they told the world he'd be cut for nothing....lol

Big_D

Reaction score
Jets and Jags would have made a better offer if he were the player that some here believe. Heck it’s obvious those teams would want a WR. Money would not have been a factor if they thought he was a top 10 guy. Which he ain’t.

Maybe so, but both in need of #1 WR and not biting at all on the contract. Sensible but still makes the point that the market everyone thinks of this guy simply wasn't there.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I'm saying his contract priced him out of town. You're the one over inflating the value considering they lost with him here and had no playoff success whatsoever..

Playoff success, or lack there of, is forever tied to the QB.
It's pretty dumb to blame a WR.
If you must, then blame Lamb for his 1 catch playoff performance.

Dre11

Reaction score
Coop appear to disappear at times. When he "chooses" to be on, he's one of the best. Can't give $20 million for that level of effort.

Cooper didn't disappear, they didn't target him in this scheme, they told you they wanted to spread the ball around. Funny that when he was targeted he carried the offense..lol

Big_D

Reaction score
They said they were 2 of the few teams, report was as many as 8 teams was in contact with Dallas for a trade for Cooper. Get what they wanted? I hardly doubt they wanted much considering they told the world he'd be cut for nothing....lol

If that's the case, then you give the 5th and don't have to compete in free agency? Why would you do that when you get a legit #1 WR for a 5th rounder? Like I said everyone knew he was getting cut. That made no difference whatsoever. Actually helped because the Browns were the only team that panicked.

Big_D

Reaction score
Playoff success, or lack there of, is forever tied to the QB.
It's pretty dumb to blame a WR.
If you must, then blame Lamb for his 1 catch playoff performance.

It's the salary.. it's a problem. LOL Pretty dumb to think it's helping any! And no I'm not thrilled with Dak's contract but that doesn't mean this is OK.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Who said they made a better offer? I said they were interested.
Also, they are at, or near, the top of the waiver wire.
Dallas said they might cut Cooper. Those teams gambled on
nobody trading.
My goodness, you can't follow a conversation at all.
It was already out there that we were in trade conversations with teams. Those teams knew that they might have to provide trade compensation for the player. You were competing with other offers and there was a decent chance he would not be released. It’s asinine to thing they wouldn’t have made an offer of a 4th round pick for a player that they really wanted. A top 10 WR if you believe some on this board.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Schultz and Gallup. Cooper taken away in too many games with drops at inopportune times.

RoboQB

Reaction score
To answer the OP.

Door #3

Should've kept all three and traded DLaw.

If the Dallas FO could just keep their mouths shut,
many teams would've stepped up to get Lawrence.