Your reasons why you think TO would or wouldn't work for Dallas in 2006?

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
chinch said:
nah.

you can have "incentives" just to make the roster and behave (not be fined or suspended or you miss the incentive). in short a multi-year deal voidable each year by the club with bonuses for makign playoffs, winning playoff game, 15TDs, etc. not a rocket science here... Tuna's been handling guys like this since you were in diapers :)

I agree.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Well I don't see how one receiver can make a diffrence. We still haven't figured out a way to protect the statue.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
kojak_DD said:
Well I don't see how one receiver can make a diffrence. We still haven't figured out a way to protect the statue.

O-line improvement is a must above all else. WR is the next problem on offense. We need to score points. TO can score. If he'll accept an incentive laden contract that can be terminated due to conduct detrimental to the team......sign him up.

Talent makes the risk worth taking.

1fisher

Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
O-line improvement is a must above all else. WR is the next problem on offense. We need to score points. TO can score. If he'll accept an incentive laden contract that can be terminated due to conduct detrimental to the team......sign him up.

Talent makes the risk worth taking.

If he'll accept an incentive laden contract that can be terminated due to conduct detrimental to the team......sign him up.

Yep, that's the kind of risk the Cowboys need to take. What happen Mid-season when things fall apart and there are no other options out there for a WR.... yea lets take that chance.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
1fisher said:
If he'll accept an incentive laden contract that can be terminated due to conduct detrimental to the team......sign him up.

Yep, that's the kind of risk the Cowboys need to take. What happen Mid-season when things fall apart and there are no other options out there for a WR.... yea lets take that chance.

We need a talented WR who is a threat to score from anywhere on the field.

Anyone else out there? Randle El anyone? Spare me.

TO needs to restore his reputation. Some team is going to take a chance on him. We need a threat at WR.

1fisher

Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
We need a talented WR who is a threat to score from anywhere on the field.

Anyone else out there? Randle El anyone? Spare me.

TO needs to restore his reputation. Some team is going to take a chance on him. We need a threat at WR.

You know what? You're exactly right. We need a threat..... and TO is not JUST a threat..... he's a double threat! I say pass.

If we don't have an oline.... no receiver will excel..... fix the o-line and then get a receiver.... NOT TO...

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
1fisher said:
You know what? You're exactly right. We need a threat..... and TO is not JUST a threat..... he's a double threat! I say pass.

If we don't have an oline.... no receiver will excel..... fix the o-line and then get a receiver.... NOT TO...

Your right. We need to improve the line.

I have no clue if Jerry and Bill want TO. I think it could be a good pick up.

IF, I know it's a big IF, but if we get him, I bet you'll be cheering the first time he takes a 10 yard slant from Bledsoe 80 yards for a TD.

IF we get him, I trust you'll be the first to tell me "I told you so" if he causes trouble.

I think he's learned his lesson. Pure speculation, just my opinion.

1fisher

Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
Your right. We need to improve the line.

I have no clue if Jerry and Bill want TO. I think it could be a good pick up.

IF, I know it's a big IF, but if we get him, I bet you'll be cheering the first time he takes a 10 yard slant from Bledsoe 80 yards for a TD.

IF we get him, I trust you'll be the first to tell me "I told you so" if he causes trouble.

I think he's learned his lesson. Pure speculation, just my opinion.

put your money where your mouth is and go ahead and pay up.... I will not cheer for TO..... If bledsoe throws an ten yard slant I'll cheer Bledsoe!

Also, I will NOT tell you "I told you so". You'll figure out on your own how wrong you are!

If we get him and that's a big IF..... I'm sure YOU will be the first to tell me "I told you so". I think, based on some of your posts, you are geared that way.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
1fisher said:
If we get him and that's a big IF..... I'm sure YOU will be the first to tell me "I told you so". I think, based on some of your posts, you are geared that way.

1st off. How so? Please explain.

2nd. You keep telling yourself that. Thats what they all say, "I don't like that player", the next thing you know he's on your team and you like him.

You may never like the man, and what he stands for, but his talent is to be respected. The NFL is full of jerks and cocky clowns.

1fisher

Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
1st off. How so? Please explain.

2nd. You keep telling yourself that. Thats what they all say, "I don't like that player", the next thing you know he's on your team and you like him.

You may never like the man, and what he stands for, but his talent is to be respected. The NFL is full of jerks and cocky clowns.

I can't place my finger on it but I just get the feeling you will start a "I told you so thread and several more will jump on the wagon with you". Maybe you'll prove me wrong.

Not every person is from the mold you are talking about. I think folks should get a second chance but this is TO's third. I didn't like the way he acted in SF, I didn't like the way he acted with Philly and I didn't like the way he made an idiot of himself in front of his house. Some things I can overlook but this is a case where I can't. IF he signs with Dallas it will be a very dark day for me. That's just my opinion. Take it for what it's worth!

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
i'd rather have "i told you so" with DIFFERENCE MAKERS like TO than "i told you so" with guys like Quincy, R. Williams, Goodrich and all these other non-difference makers who have came and went while we lost and lost and lost.

ps- i'm very confident there will be no "i told you so" however if TO comes here with Tuna in command :)

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Yes it would work, assuming that he's learned his lesson. He would be playing with the best QB he's ever had during his career so far. And he would have a chance to repent for his sins on the national stage in Big D. Unless TO is truly mentally ill, I just can't see him coming here and destroying this team.:cool:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
chinch said:
i'd rather have "i told you so" with DIFFERENCE MAKERS like TO than "i told you so" with guys like Quincy, R. Williams, Goodrich and all these other non-difference makers who have came and went while we lost and lost and lost.

ps- i'm very confident there will be no "i told you so" however if TO comes here with Tuna in command :)

Let see Reid tells TO to shut up because he was talking and TO was yaking away. After Reid tells him to shut up TO throws a temper tantrum and tells the media he is a grown man and no one talks to him this way. Now we have Parcells who gets along well with Key yet when Key is fussing on the sideline it is pretty common to see Bill look around telling him to shut up and we all saw Bill jumping one of his assistants telling him to shut up or when he was in NY telling Simms to shut the f* up yet none of these guys went on about being a man and not being talked to like that. Yeah this is going to work. I have better ideal lets just throw our money away and just say we signed TO is will cause a lot less problems

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
1fisher said:
I can't place my finger on it but I just get the feeling you will start a "I told you so thread and several more will jump on the wagon with you".

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not like a few around here, I don't need to thump my chest when I'm right. I'm wrong more often then right.

If TO comes and success follows, IMO, he will be FULLY accepted around here. Thats just my opinion.

1fisher

Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
Thanks for clearing that up. I'm not like a few around here, I don't need to thump my chest when I'm right. I'm wrong more often then right.

If TO comes and success follows, IMO, he will be FULLY accepted around here. Thats just my opinion.

he want be accepted by me.... but what does it really matter?

Dear God, I hope TO goes to Denver!:bow:

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Let see Reid tells TO to shut up because he was talking and TO was yaking away. After Reid tells him to shut up TO throws a temper tantrum and tells the media he is a grown man and no one talks to him this way. Now we have Parcells who gets along well with Key yet when Key is fussing on the sideline it is pretty common to see Bill look around telling him to shut up and we all saw Bill jumping one of his assistants telling him to shut up or when he was in NY telling Simms to shut the f* up yet none of these guys went on about being a man and not being talked to like that. Yeah this is going to work. I have better ideal lets just throw our money away and just say we signed TO is will cause a lot less problems

I hope we can get and keep Terrell Owens happy. If that happens, I hope you two and anyone who shares the same outlook, will have fun pouting on your sofas while TO is scoring TDs and helping us win games.

If he doesn't come, oh well. That means it wouldn't work out and Bill and Jerry don't hink they could control him.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
No, I don't want TO.

1. If we don't get an o-line we won't be able to get him the ball, because Bledsoe will be getting pounded into the ground.

2. If we sign him, one of the recievers will have to go, and do you think Parcells is going to cut one of his main men? I don't think so.

3. Like all you yahoos saying "he" can take us to the Super Bowl. Name one person that has done that without the help of the 52 other guys on the team. And Philly did make it to the SB without him. I don't give me the BS about him being a motivator.

4. We don't have the money. We still have to get o-linemen, linebacker, a good kicker, and sign the future draft picks. I don't want to waste any on him.

5. He is a selfish a-hole who only cares about himself, and no one else. If you don't think so, look what he did in Philly. He called out people to the media, and could careless about his teammates.

6. Do you really think Parcells can keep him under control? One word for you, Bryant. One jersey incident and AB got on his "chit list". I would honestly rather have Bryant back than this idiot.

7. Like an earlier poster said, "do you think a tiger can change his stripes?"

8. And no matter what kind of conract you give him its not going to be enough. There is always loop holes.

9. He cryed about going to Baltimore and got his way, so he is selfish.

10. Quite frankly I hate his stupid end zone dances, and how in the heck can you like someone who runs to the middle of the star. Emmitt, and Teuque will cringe in their retirement homes.

11. He has killed teams whether you like to admit that or you don't

12. And no if we do sign him, I will be pissed. I don't give a crap what he does I will never root for him. I will want other people to get the ball. And if he scores I will put it in my book as all done be Bledsoe no matter what he did. I will support the "Cowboys" not TO

13. I hate TO and everything about him.

Please Jerry say no to TO, pray to God

JMO

Ashwynn

Reaction score
First of all your poll question is misleading in the fact its not looking 'more likely'.

Personally, I detest this individual and place an import on character in my teams. This is not to say that I would stop rooting for the boys if half the team got busted for pot or robbery or picking up hookers. But the character of a man has to be considered when adding any member of TEAM. You have to consider the team sport as a different thing all together then 'wnating to win'. Sure everyone wants to win. But it takes 53 guys all doing whats best for the team, sometimes thats tackeling, sometimes its sacrificing your numbers to prevent something worse happening. It calls for variations in playability. Sometimes your the man, sometimes your not.

TO is ME. Hes about his numbers to promote him. At the expense of the team concept. He does not care if the team wins, so long as he has 9 for 140 and 2 TDs. The fact hes doubled and hurt the team by forcing the ball his way and leaving open receivers out in the cold so you can get your numbers. Thats not team concept.

You also have to humble yourself before your team. You can not call your QB gay, even if he is. Certainly not if you know hes not or even dont know. These things have a snowball effect on the team and not only the guy you called gay, his friends on the team will look at you differently. You can not put yourself higher then a coach, your position coach. Even if you are special and get special treatment, you cant wave that like a flag. Others that are humping and just are not getting the breaks will come to detest you. Your blockers on a reverse will maybe not block so well one game.

Everything you do in a negitive light to your team is amplified in the clubhouse. If you have never been on a team you may not understand. If you have ever been on a team where there was a devisive person, you know only too well the effect and affect of that person on the team, the players as an individual.

TO is not fit for any team, certainly not one like the Patriots that grew together and rely on chemistry and familiarity in times of duress. The Cowboys could become a team like this again. We wont with a TO type player on our team. AB was the closest thing we had to TO, you see what Parcells did about that. You think Parcells would invite the master of disaster, the person who inspired AB and has ten times the tricks and experience and leverage of AB, into his clubhouse. Your dreaming and smoking dope in the dream.

Anyways, thats my take on the TO thing. Character. No denying his ability. But I cant live with his character. PERIOD.