Your reasons why you think TO would or wouldn't work for Dallas in 2006?

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
chinch said:
nah.

you can have "incentives" just to make the roster and behave (not be fined or suspended or you miss the incentive). in short a multi-year deal voidable each year by the club with bonuses for makign playoffs, winning playoff game, 15TDs, etc. not a rocket science here... Tuna's been handling guys like this since you were in diapers :)

OK, so TO gets a bonus for reaching the incentive of.....making the roster.:rolleyes:

Behaving is not an incentive clause, it's a 'team conduct' clause.

Winning games is an acceptable incentive clause.

15 TDs is exactly the problem 'incentive' clause he'll pout about.

Not a rocket science here- That's apparent by your original posting.:D

Tuna's been handling guys like this since you were in diapers.- You certainly missed on that one.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
they say a picture is worth a thousand words- just look at my avatar.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
cowboyeric8 said:
No, I don't want TO.

1. If we don't get an o-line we won't be able to get him the ball, because Bledsoe will be getting pounded into the ground.

2. If we sign him, one of the recievers will have to go, and do you think Parcells is going to cut one of his main men? I don't think so.

3. Like all you yahoos saying "he" can take us to the Super Bowl. Name one person that has done that without the help of the 52 other guys on the team. And Philly did make it to the SB without him. I don't give me the BS about him being a motivator.

4. We don't have the money. We still have to get o-linemen, linebacker, a good kicker, and sign the future draft picks. I don't want to waste any on him.

5. He is a selfish a-hole who only cares about himself, and no one else. If you don't think so, look what he did in Philly. He called out people to the media, and could careless about his teammates.

6. Do you really think Parcells can keep him under control? One word for you, Bryant. One jersey incident and AB got on his "chit list". I would honestly rather have Bryant back than this idiot.

7. Like an earlier poster said, "do you think a tiger can change his stripes?"

8. And no matter what kind of conract you give him its not going to be enough. There is always loop holes.

9. He cryed about going to Baltimore and got his way, so he is selfish.

10. Quite frankly I hate his stupid end zone dances, and how in the heck can you like someone who runs to the middle of the star. Emmitt, and Teuque will cringe in their retirement homes.

11. He has killed teams whether you like to admit that or you don't

12. And no if we do sign him, I will be pissed. I don't give a crap what he does I will never root for him. I will want other people to get the ball. And if he scores I will put it in my book as all done be Bledsoe no matter what he did. I will support the "Cowboys" not TO

13. I hate TO and everything about him.

Please Jerry say no to TO, pray to God

JMO

:bow: Post of the day

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
T.O.'s only chance at saving himself and career is to land in Dallas. Anywhere else he is finished. Especially in Denver with Jake the Snake throwing balls over his head to defenders LOL

Little Jr

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Not if you are for or against it. Just honestly, do you think TO would work with Dallas? Drop your memories of him stomping on the star, drop the inflammatory ten second sound bites that ESPN shows the world, and think of TO as the football player, and the realities of his situation now that he's getting older.

I think it would work, and here's why:

TO didn't cause any problems his first year in Philly.

He didn't cause any problems in his early years in San Fran.

The reason? No contract disputes!

Is TO a jerk? Yes. Is TO a narcissist? You betcha! (As well as a lot of players I might add.)

But... Is he a good football player who is still a team player? Yes. He blocks with the best of 'em, he plays hurt, he goes up the middle, he has fire on the sidelines and encourages the fans to cheer.

I think TO could work the same way Keyshawn worked. The same crap that happened to TO also happened to Keyshawn, only he got into it with his coach instead of his QB. Some of you who are on TO because of his behavior towards McNabb seem to forget how much of a punk Key was to Jon Gruden. I would even go so far as to say that acting that way towards your coach is a hell of a lot worse than doing it to a player, even if it is the QB.

Here's the thing, TO probably realizes this is his last big contract ever. Just like Key. JJT even wrote in one of his recent articles that our receivers are underpaid. Yet, you don't hear anything from Key. Key realizes this is the end. TO does too. You give TO a satisfying contract and he'll play his heart out for the rest of his career. You're not going to see a 36 year old receiver demand more money. AND... even if you don't give him much of a signing bonus contract because the market doesn't demand it, he will shut up for at least one year so that he can get the contract he lost out on in Philly.

For at least one year, I don't see how you can lose with TO. The only thing that could possibly set him off would be the team falling apart and losing, and in that case, you have a hell of a lot more to worry about than your spoiled franchise receiver. Parcells is probably out of here too if that happens. TO is the least of our worries.

I know the memory of the star stompin' hurts, but you will not find a franchise receiver like this in free agency. You will not find him this cheap. And you will not find a more ideal situation to get a problem child. Key has to be one of the most predictable receivers in the NFL because he's so slow, and only slower with age. You won't get anything other than a quick curl or out route and see him try to out-muscle his defender. If defenses are worried about Glenn, they put another man on him, get a little physical, and he usually disappears. The Cowboys need a receiver like TO if they are really going for it all next year. Just my two cents.

Great post. I agree with it all.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
EveryoneElse said:
I hope we can get and keep Terrell Owens happy. If that happens, I hope you two and anyone who shares the same outlook, will have fun pouting on your sofas while TO is scoring TDs and helping us win games.

If he doesn't come, oh well. That means it wouldn't work out and Bill and Jerry don't hink they could control him.

Pout? sorry I guess that is what you must do when you don't get your way but I don't. I would be dissapointed if Dallas brought in TO and very leery given his past. Things is guys like you will sing his praise today and should things go down hill you will be the 1st to blame Jerry Jones and Parcells