Your top 5 Greatest Rock & Roll Bands ever

RS12

Reaction score
Hard to believe there is so little love for ZZ Topp on this thread. Who doesnt love Jesus just left Chicago?

strollinruss

Reaction score
Haven't read any previous posts yet, but here's mine.... It's not for the purists.
Boston
Def Leppard
ZZ Top
Heart
3 Doors Down

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haven't read any previous posts yet, but here's mine.... It's not for the purists.
Boston
Def Leppard
ZZ Top
Heart
3 Doors Down

Luv Boston... But the short length of their career and amount of music they put out hurts them in my eyes.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
1) Eagles
2) Heart
3) Fleetwood Mac
4) Hall and Oats
5) Moody Blues

strollinruss

Reaction score
Luv Boston... But the short length of their career and amount of music they put out hurts them in my eyes.
I agree but they are on my 'marooned on an island' list for sure. They recorded their debut album in a basement over the course of like a year or something.

the_h0wey

Reaction score
All great bands have their prime years so i am basing my selections on how good they were then.

#1) The Rolling Stones w Mick Taylor
#2) Led Zeppelin
#3) Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
#4) AC/DC w Bon Scott
#5) The Who

Other bands outside my Top 5 - U2, Rush, The Clash.

Bands that lost something to soon - INXS and The Cult.

Shout out to Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry

#1) Led Zeppelin
#2) Tool
#3) Rage Against The Machine
#4) Queens of the Stone Age
#5) Nine Inch Nails

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
It's funny. You can tell how old people are by their answers.

not about age its about a whole generation who do not buy new music or give new bands a chance. They are lost in greatest hits land.

You can tell most have not bought a new album since Dr. Feelgood came out in 89 or so.

They are missing out.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can tell most have not bought a new album since Dr. Feelgood came out in 89 or so.
I've bought several but there isn't any band that rocks like the bands on my list. I liked 90's/2000's bands (Godsmack, Avenged Sevenfold and old Linkin Park for example) up to newer bands (Pop Evil and Shinedown) but overall none have had the staying power and killed it like the good old days. So I'm not missing out on anything but this thread is about bands and their body of work and I just don't think any thing since measures up.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Looks like no one mentioned The Police. They were a great band.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
All great bands have their prime years so i am basing my selections on how good they were then.

#1) The Rolling Stones w Mick Taylor
#2) Led Zeppelin
#3) Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band
#4) AC/DC w Bon Scott
#5) The Who

Other bands outside my Top 5 - U2, Rush, The Clash.

Bands that lost something to soon - INXS and The Cult.

Shout out to Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry
Beatles
Rolling Stones
Early Fleetwood Mac (without the silly Stevie Nicks)
Led Zeppelin
Beach Boys (post macho car and surf silliness)

Plankton

Reaction score
1. Santana
2. Led Zeppelin
3. The Allman Brothers Band
4. The Kinks
5. Asia/Yes

Honorable mention: The Rolling Stones, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, AC/DC, Rush, The Police, Pink Floyd, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble, Dire Straits

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've bought several but there isn't any band that rocks like the bands on my list. I liked 90's/2000's bands (Godsmack, Avenged Sevenfold and old Linkin Park for example) up to newer bands (Pop Evil and Shinedown) but overall none have had the staying power and killed it like the good old days. So I'm not missing out on anything but this thread is about bands and their body of work and I just don't think any thing since measures up.

That's it exactly.

It's not there aren't very good bands still out there making great music, it's just 20 years from now no one will be talking about the lasting effect any of them made. Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zep, AC/DC, Van Halen, Kiss, Beach Boys, The Eagles, 3 Dog Night... those folks will still be talked about 20 years from now.