Za’ven Collins

tyke1doe

Reaction score
He has some of the longest arms I've ever seen on a linebacker. And he looks big and sturdy.

Since he's slated to go somewhere in the 20s (unless that's just a smokescreen, which happens often this time of year - see Marlon Humphreys), my dream scenario would be Surtain at 10, sneak back into the 1st round (giving up a 2nd, a 4th and Gallup?) and nab Collins.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Collins can really play but i would like to see his numbers on his pro day especially the 3-cone numbers.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Zaven and his mom used to be my next door neighbors and Ive known her since grade school. As of last week the Cowboys have had ZERO contact with him. :( One of just a few teams that hadnt at least had a zoom meeting with him and hes been training IN Dallas since January. Hes a SMART kid...projecting to go somewhere between #20 and the end of the 1st round as of now. Zavens pro day is 4/2.

https://fb.watch/4rYnMpf_Aa/
We like finesse guys who can't tackle.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
The very first Draft Show Dane Brugler said “I know the Cowboys like him.” Dane has contacts in the league. He’s been compared to Urlacher, Kirkland and Trotter. I have no problem with him at 10 but I don’t think the Cowboys view LB as much as a need as fans do.

If you want to rebuild the Defense go Collins at 10, Adebo at 44, DE and OT in 3.
I’m hoping they do actually. Vander esch option is may 3rd I believe. Only few days after the draft. We go linebacker early it’ll seem like the end the wolf hunter.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I'm bullish on Collins: he's huge, can still move, and absolutely dominated a lower level of competition. Seems like a really safe bet moving forward.

But I think Jerry still sees Jaylon and LVE as the solution at LB, or at least a potential solution. Both have largely played like replacement level street free agents since '19... in my book, we are just as gutted at LB as we are at DT. But Jerry is going to protect his guys.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
That's strange because I could have sworn there were early reports that Dallas loved him and would even consider him at 10. Then it kinda died down and haven't seen him more about him.

There were...Cowboys had scouts at more than 1 TU game too.

Last edited:

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Love the player. I have mocked him to us 10-15 times over the last couple of months. Either after some trades or trading back up to get him. I have seen him fall to 44 in mocks a couple of times lately and I hope that's a trend that continues on draft day. Otherwise it will take a trade scenario for us to land him.
Unless, the board falls in such a way that they are forced to reach for someone at 10 and they decide well, if we're reaching, we might as well reach for a true stud for the defense.

I saw him at #37 in a mock yesterday. I have a feeling he'll start trending the other direction after the pro day, but would love to see him get close to #44 so we can move up to get him. The Raiders scouts were also supposedly high on him early too and they were mentioned in the video I posted for having not reached out to him too.

I mentioned Zaven in here on the 2nd or 3rd day of the draft last year in the Robinson (also from Tulsa) thread as a name that needed to be remembered for this years draft. He had a monster year....

Last edited:

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm bullish on Collins: he's huge, can still move, and absolutely dominated a lower level of competition. Seems like a really safe bet moving forward.

But I think Jerry still sees Jaylon and LVE as the solution at LB, or at least a potential solution. Both have largely played like replacement level street free agents since '19... in my book, we are just as gutted at LB as we are at DT. But Jerry is going to protect his guys.

Sounds like Hightower from NE?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Dream scenario....

Deal down from 10. Maybe more than once.

Somehow end up with Moehrig, Collins and Nixon.

Add youth and talent on each level of defense.

Majic

Reaction score
Zaven and his mom used to be my next door neighbors and Ive known her since grade school. As of last week the Cowboys have had ZERO contact with him. :( One of just a few teams that hadnt at least had a zoom meeting with him and hes been training IN Dallas since January. Hes a SMART kid...projecting to go somewhere between #20 and the end of the 1st round as of now. Zavens pro day is 4/2.

https://fb.watch/4rYnMpf_Aa/
Just heard Patrick Surtain on the MI Podcast say he had not spoken to the Cowboys either yet

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Sounds like Hightower from NE?

That's a really good comparison. Hightower's Combine in 2012 was a 6'2" 265 weigh-in with a 4.68 40 and a 32" VJ. I'd expect really similar testing numbers from Collins, and they're both excellent blitzers.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
I saw him at #37 in a mock yesterday. I have a feeling he'll start trending the other direction after the pro day, but would love to see him get close to #44 so we can move up to get him. The Raiders scouts were also supposedly high on him early too and they were mentioned in the video I posted for having not reached out to him too.

I mentioned Zaven in here on the 2nd or 3rd day of the draft last year in the Robinson (also from Tulsa) thread as a name that needed to be remembered for this years draft. He had a monster year....

Hes in the middle of his pro day now. 6'4'' 259 lbs. He just ran a 4.58 40. 35 inch vertical, 10' 2'' standing broad jump.

Gaede

Reaction score
Hes in the middle of his pro day now. 6'4'' 259 lbs. He just ran a 4.58 40. 35 inch vertical, 10' 2'' standing broad jump.
Dying to know if we have a presence there

Read that it was a 4.67 40 though.