Za’ven Collins

Majic

Reaction score
Will probably fall into the laps of a divisional round play off team. I would like to see us move down a few spots and take this guy plus extra picks

Majic

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s a great fit for Quinn’s defense and I don’t think this team will draft any LB in round 1.

On the first point why do you think that?

If he has a high grade, he will be under consideration as that is McCarthy's philosophy going forward. Quinn would have to 'work with him'

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Collins reminds me a bit of Donta Hightower. I could see a team like the Pats getting the most use out of him.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I think fit matters. Get the guys that fit what Quinn wants to do.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Collins reminds me a bit of Donta Hightower. I could see a team like the Pats getting the most use out of him.
Yep, seems like BB would love him with his size and versatility. Could see Tenn or Pitt wanting him also. Seems more like a 34 LB than a 43 one.

One thing I noticed watching the NFL Network vid of his workout, it almost looks like he's not as well-trained at the "events" as some. But he catches the ball very naturally for a LB.

RamziD

Reaction score
Yep, seems like BB would love him with his size and versatility. Could see Tenn or Pitt wanting him also. Seems more like a 34 LB than a 43 one.

One thing I noticed watching the NFL Network vid of his workout, it almost looks like he's not as well-trained at the "events" as some. But he catches the ball very naturally for a LB.
Good football players can play, regardless of scheme. He’d ball out here, too.

Majic

Reaction score
Good football players can play, regardless of scheme. He’d ball out here, too.

Agree, if he can play 3-4 great, we can find him things to do in the hybrid scheme

Hardline

Reaction score
I've seen him mocked to the Steelers more than any other team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
He projects to LEO in our scheme guys. I mean, at worst, he's a better Strong Side LB for us that gives you more then the FA you just signed out of Atlanta. He can do so many things, he could be your starting MLB if you wanted him to be. I don't see any way you could go wrong with this kid, to be honest.

But I agree, he's the prototype player that Pittsburgh always drafts. But ask yourselves, how many times have we watched this board melt down over how those guys have panned out, while we are watching our own picks gone after year 5? He would fit in New England as well. This kid has enough talent to really fit anywhere IMO.

Majic

Reaction score
He projects to LEO in our scheme guys. I mean, at worst, he's a better Strong Side LB for us that gives you more then the FA you just signed out of Atlanta. He can do so many things, he could be your starting MLB if you wanted him to be. I don't see any way you could go wrong with this kid, to be honest.

But I agree, he's the prototype player that Pittsburgh always drafts. But ask yourselves, how many times have we watched this board melt down over how those guys have panned out, while we are watching our own picks gone after year 5? He would fit in New England as well. This kid has enough talent to really fit anywhere IMO.

In past years we would have crossed him off our list and say he does not fit our scheme. If MM can bring one thing to the table I hope it's that he has the clout to argue for someone like Collins

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m a fan...he’s one of the guys I would’ve loved to see a combine for. He looks fluid on tape and appears to have click and close ability but wanted to confirm that athleticism.

I don’t know where these LBr go but I like him in the 2nd.

reddyuta

Reaction score

Tony Pauline

@TonyPauline

·
19h

Told 6040/259 lbs for Collins 40 times 4.56-4.60 Looked incredibly explosive
Quote Tweet

WI749QyY_mini.jpg

Tony Pauline

@TonyPauline
· 20h
Early results from Zaven Collins/LB/Tulsa pro day: 35 inch ver 10-2 broad 19 reps Times as fast as 4.56s on stopwatches. He was right around 6-feet-4-inches and 260 pounds coming into pro day.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I really like him ,looks like LVE but with is healthy and has better instincts.I would love to get him if we trade down.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I really like him ,looks like LVE but with is healthy and has better instincts.I would love to get him if we trade down.

I actually think LVE is a fairly good comp...if LVE could just stay on the field he’d be one of the better LBs in football.

Collins has that similar blend of + size / length / athleticism and instincts.