Zach Martin vs Larry Allen, who you got!

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I guess, man. I don’t necessarily agree.

I think Martin is the best player on the offense and has been since he’s been in the league and will be again next season barring injury.

But if you think Dak sucks then you can’t be completely wrong lol
If Martin's play had continued at the level of his first 2-3 years, I'd be right there with you. But his play has regressed.

:thumbup:

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Lol he's still a great player. Maybe having a weak center next him contributed to the short yardage failure. All pro is not the same as pro bowl, it's way more respected. He's been first team all pro the last 3 seasons
Great players aren't stalemating & losing to just average guys. Great players dominate. They can take care of their guy the vast majority of the time.

nhcowboysfan

Reaction score
Martin is technically sound whereas Allen was just a brawler. I agree that Zmart is a future hall-of-famer and amongst the best at his position, but Allen would be considered by many as the GOAT at his position. If there was an all-NFL team, you'd have to believe that Allen would be one of the two guards with John Hannah being the other.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
This vs battle is going to heat up in here!! Both great players for this team for years. Larry Allen a very powerful man, Martin a powerful man but I think in this age he's more technical in his play. You need a yard on 4th and 1 who are you running behind???
LA.

Aint no competition.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
LA. The guy was dominant. I mean really dominant. He was probably the most powerful lineman I've ever seen play the game without steroids. He probably bench pressed Toyotas

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
LA was a killer at LG, while Martin has been a dominant RG.

They're both very exceptional players in their own right.

Larry was a guy that opponents feared, however.

Last edited:

Scotman

Reaction score
I can honestly say that I would take LA over any other player at his position that has ever played. That's not a knock on Martin. Martin is an absolute ROCK. Larry Allen was just something else entirely....no matter who you compared him to.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Absolutely!!! That damn car accident robbed him of a sure fire first ballot HOF career. To his credit he was still very good after the accident, but not as dominant as he once was.
Yep. Larry Allen was a lion amongst men. But even Larry had no answer for Reggie White. Only Erik could answer the bell against Reggie one on one.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I concur that LA would be my pick. But even better for me would be able to have both players in their prime at the same time. Now that would have been something!!