Zach Thomas is not a good 3-4 LB

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Zach makes a lot of tackles and gives up a lot of plays. because of zach now bradie is a guard magnet cause zach gets blown up whenever he takes on a guard. it was a bad signing.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my links to us almost getting Ray Lewis and my link that shows Thomas misses as many tackles as he makes....

David276

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2361510 said:
Zach makes a lot of tackles and gives up a lot of plays. because of zach now bradie is a guard magnet cause zach gets blown up whenever he takes on a guard. it was a bad signing.

i thought we discussed this earlyer. i leave for three or four hours and rampage. does his name.. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

bradie sucks at taking on guards!!!!!!! he admitted it after parcells left. If your guard cant blow up a line backer he needs to be taken off the team ZACHs positives far out weigh idiot james and the negative. hopefully zach will be givin the speaker now that stewart isnt calling o plays anymore.

edit: i no longer hope bradie is stripped of the speaker, im praying to the dear lord it is taken from him and given to zach or hamlin.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I think Zach is getting blown up alot, and mostly because we don't have a Ferguson type NT inside. I love the guy personally, but if our front 3 can't keep them guards off of Zach, he's ordinary.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Rampage;2361510 said:

Wow. Just "wow". How is it that Bradie "becomes" a Guard magnet b/c Zach "makes a lot of tackles"????

Bradie is still playing the strongside ILB, same position he played when Ayodele was playing the weakside ILB (Zach's current position). While Lady James made more tackles (5-10 yards past the LOS, of course) he ALWAYS had trouble taking on blockers, any blockers whether it was OL, FB or TEs. Parcells said it, James was a strong as tissue paper when he came out of school at 245 that's why James was forced to gain more weight. James is now back at 245 or lower.

Please take your medication.

jimmy40

Reaction score
wayne motley;2360569 said:
Does anyone have access to how the players have been graded out week to week by the coaches?

Weren't there a couple of guys last year who were watching tape and giving players their own grades and giving us some insight into how they were playing at various positions?

That was good stuff, but maybe they can't stomach watching tape after seeing the games.
Unless someone is watching the coaches tape then grades are a joke, watching the replay on Tivo does not make you Vince Lombardi, although a lot of posters seem to think so.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jimmy40;2361989 said:
Unless someone is watching the coaches tape then grades are a joke, watching the replay on Tivo does not make you Vince Lombardi, although a lot of posters seem to think so.
Ah Jimmy, I was hoping this screed of a thread would die. 6 hours it was on life support and you gave it blood. Now it will live for another several hours. It's utter nonsense.

juck

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2361313 said:
Wow...just wow. This has to be one of the worst threads I've seen.

If u dont like it why did u type in it?

juck

Reaction score
Zach is too small for the 3-4.Look at any good 3-4 and u see large linebackers.Now on the other hand I dont feel zach should have to take on big olineman like he has and that reflects not having a stopgap NT.But even those NTs bleed thru and u gotta have big athletic linebackers.Zach wont be here next year especially once ole wade is gone.

juck

Reaction score
Hostile;2362026 said:
Ah Jimmy, I was hoping this screed of a thread would die. 6 hours it was on life support and you gave it blood. Now it will live for another several hours. It's utter nonsense.

Utter nonsense ,but u keep typing in it.lol.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
juckie;2362064 said:
Utter nonsense ,but u keep typing in it.lol.
I wouldn't have if Jimmy hadn't ruined its death. I wanted it to die the death it is worthy of.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
juckie;2362049 said:
Zach is too small for the 3-4.Look at any good 3-4 and u see large linebackers.Now on the other hand I dont feel zach should have to take on big olineman like he has and that reflects not having a stopgap NT.But even those NTs bleed thru and u gotta have big athletic linebackers.Zach wont be here next year especially once ole wade is gone.

You've got Parcell's on the brain. Not all 3-4's use 6'3 255 lb ILBs. Donny Edwards barely broke 220...who knows what he was playing at during the season...and he was pretty damn good at it.

You've said that James' responsibility is to take on 330 lb guards to keep them off of Zack, and then you say Zack can't get off of the guards....who's not doing their job properly again?

I'm not saying he hasn't lost a step, because I think he has, but he's played well for us....certainly an upgrade over Ayodele.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;2362068 said:
I wouldn't have if Jimmy hadn't ruined its death. I wanted it to die the death it is worthy of.

Dear Ridiculous Thread,

Please die to the 2nd page.

R.I.P.

Bleu

PS. I will help pull the life support by no longer posting in you.

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
I think Zach is playing well he just needs more help from the D-Line. When Siragusa (sp) retired Ray Lewis struggled cause the D-Line sucked.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
jimmy40;2361989 said:

LOL! So true.

juckie;2362038 said:
If u dont like it why did u type in it?

Ummm...because I can? Do I need anymore reason then to post that it's one of the worst threads I've seen? That answer to that would be no, I don't.

khiladi

Reaction score
Imagine that...

Zach supposedly sucks, yet he leads the team in tackles despite being taken out on 3rd down...

The only thing I wonder is when he is a great pass defender, Wade doesn't just keep him in...