Zack Martin on his contract: We'll see where it goes

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For Dallas to get the deal done it will likely be at or around the contract Norwell of Jacksonville is getting

Andrew Norwell signed a 5 year, $66,500,000 contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars, including a $15,000,000 signing bonus, $30,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $13,300,000. In 2018, Norwell will earn a base salary of $2,000,000 and a signing bonus of $15,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $5,000,000 and a dead cap value of $30,000,000.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/contract-value/guard/

If were in Martin's situation, I would offer to play for 12M per but request that it all be guaranteed.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Well duh! Why would I do anything else. Like you said, I need help at all times.
Like using a question mark for a question. Which you didn't do.
Yes... you do need thorough screening.

I'm just kidding guy! It's Friday! Have fun! I totally like you as a poster!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Like using a question mark for a question. Which you didn't do.
Yes... you do need thorough screening.

I'm just kidding guy! It's Friday! Have fun! I totally like you as a poster!
I never disputed your remark about me needing help. I do need it. I accept it with a smile. I like you too.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I never disputed your remark about me needing help. I do need it. I accept it with a smile. I like you too.
A toast to you: Your unwavering honesty is a credit to you. There are people I just hit scroll down, but I read you. Not to say anything about myself, but to say - I have and will enjoy reading your posts.
You don't need any help. You're awesome. One of my faves.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A toast to you: Your unwavering honesty is a credit to you. There are people I just hit scroll down, but I read you. Not to say anything about myself, but to say - I have and will enjoy reading your posts.
You don't need any help. You're awesome. One of my faves.
I thank you for your kindness good sir but I know I make mistakes on accident form time to time. I do not take corrections as an insult. I appreciate anyone that takes the time to correct me when I do make a mistake. I know others do not appreciate it but I do.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So you think you can say whatever you want and everyone else has to accept it as fact? Gotcha. No one except you is saying, "Zack Martin and his agent are trying to milk the team for everything it's got". That's your made up BS. You can't prove "several articles mention it" because they don't. It's a lie you made up. You suck at debate.
Control your emotions, dude. Here is some information explaining how it's painfully obvious that Zack and his agent are looking for record O-Guard pay. Sucks that I have to do your homework for you.

"Zack Martin is going to be the highest paid guard in NFL history whenever he signs his next deal with the Dallas Cowboys. That much is obvious. He is the best guard in the NFL. He exists in an exploding cap environment. He is only 27-years-old. And he has never missed a single game at the NFL level. If you are going to invest in a guard, he is the one to pick. He has made the Pro Bowl in every season of his career. You know exactly what you are getting with Martin: dominant guard play every game, no matter what else is going on with your team. He is the rarest of players in the NFL: a sure thing.

He and the Cowboys have been trying to come to an agreement on a long-term deal since the 2017 offseason, and the fact that it hasn't happened yet shows that Martin is asking for an enormous amount. We don't know for sure what his exact asking price is, but using existing deals on the market, we can get a rough estimate of what he could get if he hit free agency.

The biggest contract any guard has ever signed in NFL history was the five-year, $66.5 million deal signed by Andrew Norwell this offseason. Norwell has never made a Pro Bowl, has missed games due to injury and lacked the theoretical positional versatility that Martin has to move out to tackle. While positional versatility is hard to put a price on and Norwell's injury history isn't significant enough to be concerning, we can at least try to attach a number to Martin's Pro Bowl selections."

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-Martins-next-contract-from-Cowboys-117058702

dallasdave

Reaction score
Control your emotions, dude. Here is some information explaining how it's painfully obvious that Zack and his agent are looking for record O-Guard pay. Sucks that I have to do your homework for you.

"Zack Martin is going to be the highest paid guard in NFL history whenever he signs his next deal with the Dallas Cowboys. That much is obvious. He is the best guard in the NFL. He exists in an exploding cap environment. He is only 27-years-old. And he has never missed a single game at the NFL level. If you are going to invest in a guard, he is the one to pick. He has made the Pro Bowl in every season of his career. You know exactly what you are getting with Martin: dominant guard play every game, no matter what else is going on with your team. He is the rarest of players in the NFL: a sure thing.

He and the Cowboys have been trying to come to an agreement on a long-term deal since the 2017 offseason, and the fact that it hasn't happened yet shows that Martin is asking for an enormous amount. We don't know for sure what his exact asking price is, but using existing deals on the market, we can get a rough estimate of what he could get if he hit free agency.

The biggest contract any guard has ever signed in NFL history was the five-year, $66.5 million deal signed by Andrew Norwell this offseason. Norwell has never made a Pro Bowl, has missed games due to injury and lacked the theoretical positional versatility that Martin has to move out to tackle. While positional versatility is hard to put a price on and Norwell's injury history isn't significant enough to be concerning, we can at least try to attach a number to Martin's Pro Bowl selections."

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...-Martins-next-contract-from-Cowboys-117058702
Well said indeed Sir !!! :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

You said, "Zack and his agent is trying to milk the team for everything it is worth". That's not the same as the case you are making now. Have you even seen lately what this team is worth?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You said, "Zack and his agent is trying to milk the team for everything it is worth". That's not the same as the case you are making now. Have you even seen lately what this team is worth?
This is what I previously said...

"It's been all over the internet, posted on so many networks, for several months now. Why act as if he and his agent aren't seeking #1 Guard pay? Are you denying that he is?"

And before that, I said this...

"Problem is Zack Martin and his agent are trying to milk the team for everything it's got and receive the biggest O-Guard contract ever in the history of the NFL."

It's painfully clear I never said "Zack and his agent is trying to milk the team for everything it is worth", as you intentionally and falsely accused me of. YOU are the one who is lying. You just love to argue and hate to admit you are dead wrong. Plus, as I previously mentioned, it's obvious you can't control your fanatic feelings. Sad.

I'm wasting my time with someone like you.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No, you can’t. And in the next two years you’ll have to pay a QB (who may or may not be a franchise guy) and a star RB. While the cats out of the bag for the QB position you’d better prey the Steelers don’t give Bell $14/per. If so half your FA will walk.
Love Zeke, but you never have to pay a RB huge money. There are great ones available every year throughout the draft.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This is what I previously said...

"It's been all over the internet, posted on so many networks, for several months now. Why act as if he and his agent aren't seeking #1 Guard pay? Are you denying that he is?"

And before that, I said this...

"Problem is Zack Martin and his agent are trying to milk the team for everything it's got and receive the biggest O-Guard contract ever in the history of the NFL."

It's painfully clear I never said "Zack and his agent is trying to milk the team for everything it is worth", as you intentionally and falsely accused me of. YOU are the one who is lying. You just love to argue and hate to admit you are dead wrong. Plus, as I previously mentioned, it's obvious you can't control your fanatic feelings. Sad.

I'm wasting my time with someone like you.
Problem is Zack Martin and his agent are trying to milk the team for everything it's got and receive the biggest O-Guard contract ever in the history of the NFL.
"everything it's got" How is that not what it is worth. These are your words.