Zay Jones signing with Arizona Cardinals

blueblood70

Reaction score
So? This is NFL Zone!
He actually visited with the chiefs the Titans and the Cardinals and the Cowboys and he was cut from the Jaguars and the Cardinals landed him and we didn't so somehow the Jones family dropped the proverbial ball because they're too cheap but the other teams don't get mentioned yeah good for him going to the Cardinals I'm pretty sure we still have a better receiving core.. Probably gonna be the next Shaquille Leonard whatever that dude's name was that went to the Eagles and everybody was upset had that workout for them lol

rambo2

Reaction score
The race to a top 10 draft position remains intact.

Pay little .....and watch the change happen
I suspect that whoever is the 3 receiver on the Cowboys will have better numbers than Zay Jones or at least close to it.

silver

Reaction score
Is there a QB in next year draft we are already tanking for?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You all only seem to remember that one game when Zay smoked Boss man for three touchdowns.

Carson

Reaction score
You all only seem to remember that one game when Zay smoked Boss man for three touchdowns.
He’s better than Tolbert week 1 hands down. Tolbert may be good but jones is a better option come September

exciter

Reaction score
Guess he wasnt impressed with the $1.2 million we offered.

How bad was our offer that he went to Arizona over where he is from and dad played?
Hopefully they didn’t offer him any more than minimum because that’s all he’s worth!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I suspect that whoever is the 3 receiver on the Cowboys will have better numbers than Zay Jones or at least close to it.
Maybe but why take aways targets for them I'd like to see Turpin in the slot more and then they can rotate whoever they want in at 3 for different game plans I mean for sure there aren't gonna be a lot of targets going to them we already have lamb cooks and Ferguson plus any of the backs out of the backfield and again add in Turpin that didn't leave a whole lot I know people really wanna allegedly replace gallop with someone more dynamic but I mean it would be nice for depth but that's it it's not a big loss...

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Not a lot of room in the cap.

Top 51 is at $4 million

But the dead cap is $17 million.

$-13 million.

Something has to give before week 1.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I guess the honest offer and some Mountain Dew and Cheetos just wasn’t enough. Maybe they should’ve thrown in some Taco Bell.

rambo2

Reaction score
If he's so meh why did the Jones bring him for a visit?

Uh oh. Fan Boy logic conflict.
No, just an honest question. When you have the receivers that you already have, do you sign Zay Jones for 4.2 million? You already have:
Lamb
Cooks
Tolbert
Turpin
Brooks
Fournoy
Jaylen Cropper
Several others down the line.
I kind of like what they have. I'm real high on Cropper aka Moreno-Cropper.

I also think that they could possibly do a trade with the Titans for T. Burks which would give them a big receiver with 2 years left on his deal.

Anyway, I think that 4.2 million is too much for Zay Jones. Do you sign him for 4.2 million? Why would they do that?