News: Zeke admits other RBs are playing better

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Post to like ratio dictates you don’t deserve a serious response.
Post to like ratio means nothing, since likes are used very differently by various posters. Some use likes because they really, really like the post. Some use them because they think the post is funny, some use it because they agree with the post, and some use it simply to acknowledge reading the post.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
While I still think Zeke is a quality RB, in his rookie debut it seemed like we had found ourselves a SPORT TRUCK and that felt really special. He has not shown that same kind of attack/burst from the line.

When was the last time you saw him try and hurdle a tackler? I’ve seen plenty of low grabs...

Just sayin’...
;)
I don't want him hurdling. That's a very risky career move, and it's possible he realizes that...It's also possible no defenders have gotten themselves in the position to be hurdled.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I love it. I don't agree with you so it's automatically a thing where I simply can't understand huh...... OK.

Maybe we just don't agree. Maybe I've seen a lot of Football and based on that, I don't see what you do. Maybe I'm just wrong or maybe you are but either way, I guarantee you it's not because I don't understand. How old are you because the two backs you mentioned, I watched them play football their entire careers. Did you?

I don't believe the Cowboys are afraid of Barkley at this point. Why would you be? He's as likely to give you a minimal gain on any given carry or better yet, a negative play. Sorry, I don't agree.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Post to like ratio means nothing, since likes are used very differently by various posters. Some use likes because they really, really like the post. Some use them because they think the post is funny, some use it because they agree with the post, and some use it simply to acknowledge reading the post.

I don't use like much. The posters I like, I think they know who they are.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't want him hurdling. That's a very risky career move, and it's possible he realizes that...It's also possible no defenders have gotten themselves in the position to be hurdled.

We are gonna know a lot more next year about where Zeke really is, in terms of his abilities. I can't trust anything I see this year. He did his offseason training in Cabo. Faulk was his trainer for crying out loud.

Next year, we will know a lot more about where he is at IMO.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Next-Gen stats comparing Zeke and Cook are almost laughable to me.

It's basically trying to paint Cook as a better back than Zeke just because he's faster.

Emmitt Smith was a 4.6 speed guy on his best day. How'd his career turn out?:starspin:

aria

Reaction score
I guess Zeke is a liar then because according to several people here he is the best back in the league. No surprise though, we already know he likes to lie.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Zeke has lacked burst compared to his rookie season every year but his rookie season.

If he was no playing behind an elite run blocking line can you imagine how awful he'd look?

This line is not elite anymore

Batman1980

Reaction score
Let Zeke do what Nick Chubb does and play behind a sieve of an offensive line. I wonder how he'd look then.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Tanking? He’ll be top 5 in rushing yards this time next week. And dont give me that unfair to fans mumbo jumbo, is it unfair to fans when guys are cut or do you use that fans garbage only when it suits your argument.

im still mad we cut Rashard Lee,

there i said it.

and Ken Yon Rambo.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
This line is currently ranked number 1 in run blocking and number 4 in pass blocking.

Imagine it's ranks if it was elite.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol/2019

However, it is important to understand that these ratings only somewhat separate the offensive line from the running backs. A team with a very good running back will appear higher no matter how bad their line, and a team with a great line with appear lower if the running back is terrible.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Of course, I could name 5-7 easily

Meanwhile.......

Dak still thinks he's a top 5-10 QB. Getting mad at the Giants fan at the local gas station.

What a Jerk......

uUu9hwp.png

#DontpayDak

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Everyone keeps talking about the speed factor. News flash, and it shouldn't surprise anyone: Zeke does NOT have the same burst he did at tOSU nor in his rookie year for the Cowboys in 2016. We can talk about the grind, perhaps some minor lower body ailments that were not present in his rookie season, etc. But as it has been said before, the "elephant in the room" (no pun intended) that no one wants to bring up because it's "too simplified" to be true -- the fact is Zeke is heavier now than he was then. Fact. Most of that is muscle, some of that I'm sure is fat. Can he carry that weight? Sure, and carry it quite well IMO. But as he evolves into Jerome Bettis, he's lost the Tony Dorsett speed. Meh, I don't know how I feel about that. I miss the 70 yard sprints into the EZ with no one catching him from behind, but the new Zeke would be more durable than the old one, which is probably better for the Cowboys investment wise. Look at Barkley -- he was banged up at times this year.

usa-today-9140583.0.jpg
usa_today_11896143.0.jpg