News: Zeke admits other RBs are playing better

GMO415

Reaction score
Everyone keeps talking about the speed factor. News flash, and it shouldn't surprise anyone: Zeke does NOT have the same burst he did at tOSU nor in his rookie year for the Cowboys in 2016. We can talk about the grind, perhaps some minor lower body ailments that were not present in his rookie season, etc. But as it has been said before, the "elephant in the room" (no pun intended) that no one wants to bring up because it's "too simplified" to be true -- the fact is Zeke is heavier now than he was then. Fact. Most of that is muscle, some of that I'm sure is fat. Can he carry that weight? Sure, and carry it quite well IMO. But as he evolves into Jerome Bettis, he's lost the Tony Dorsett speed. Meh, I don't know how I feel about that. I miss the 70 yard sprints into the EZ with no one catching him from behind, but the new Zeke would be more durable than the old one, which is probably better for the Cowboys investment wise. Look at Barkley -- he was banged up at times this year.

usa-today-9140583.0.jpg
usa_today_11896143.0.jpg
FB

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Gonna give this a whatever. We'll see at the end of the year but I expect that Zeke will win another rushing title.

efh313

Reaction score
I don't want him hurdling. That's a very risky career move, and it's possible he realizes that...It's also possible no defenders have gotten themselves in the position to be hurdled.
Ok, so hurdling may not have been the best example but what I mean is I have mostly seen him going vertical this year. While I understand some of that is play calling, I feel like in the past he had an extra ability to extend the play that I’m not seeing this year. And he extended plays in the past that were just vertical through the tackle runs.

I miss that Super Truck RB... to quote my earlier post. ;)

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
Humble of him to say that. But I don't think any RB gives more effort than he does.

And I know none pass protect better than he does. In fact, in all my years of watching football he's as good a blocker as I've ever seen. He looks like he wants to punish the blitzers, and often he does.

I know a lot of people are down on him about the holdout, I too was disappointed in his decision. Understood it from a business sense, but as a fan I was not happy. But in my humble opinion he's still the most complete back in the league.

Thomas82

Reaction score
75242096_711134862743384_4799491894465789952_n.jpg

I guess the pressure is on Zeke to have a monster game this week. He just got put on the spot.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We are gonna know a lot more next year about where Zeke really is, in terms of his abilities. I can't trust anything I see this year. He did his offseason training in Cabo. Faulk was his trainer for crying out loud.

Next year, we will know a lot more about where he is at IMO.

Looks like Zeke just put you in your place. Time to slither back under that rock.

Beaker42

Reaction score
At least he is being honest about it.

I believe this is Cook’s third year in the league. It will be interesting to see if he is willing to play next year without a new deal. Especially given how he is playing this season.
At least we didn’t make him the highest-paid RB before the season started.

catiii

Reaction score
What is really shocking is that anyone is shocked by this. :lmao:

jay94

Reaction score
Missed the point. He held out and is still great. Other mortal rbs look like trash (Gordon) or get injured. Put respect on 21 name

Your talking about the best oline in comparison to bottom 10 maybe bottom 5 line.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Your talking about the best oline in comparison to bottom 10 maybe bottom 5 line.

Zeke antagonist continue to use the "best line", to make their petty arguments. Philly has a great line, where do their RB's tank? The LAC is 21st run blocking, and 7th in pass blocking. Not as bad as you project. Last year Zeke won the title, with the 17th ranked o-line.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke antagonist continue to use the "best line", to make their petty arguments. Philly has a great line, where do their RB's tank? The LAC is 21st run blocking, and 7th in pass blocking. Not as bad as you project. Last year Zeke won the title, with the 17th ranked o-line.

None of those backs are getting 15 million per year.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Playing better ie stats wise RIGH T NOW but not clearly better as back..

thats what he said not that he sucks..you haters and trolls need to get alife finding anything to jump on zeke.. get over it

zeke is maturing and he knows the team and his longevity is more important then finishing first.. if he demanded more touches early the first 3 games and got greedy right now he could be leading the league but hes ok with top 3-5 if it means he fresh for bigger moments and late in the season and playoffs..

thats great sign for him and the team..

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/zeke-focused-on-bigger-goals-than-rushing-title

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke should also concede he isn't worth the new contract he just got.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Bottom 10 oline that performed well with austin eckler. Just say you dont like Zeke and sthu. Yall annoy me

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
None of those backs are getting 15 million per year.

So, neither am I, but I can understand the difference between a pro football player, and how the NFL does business; versus my life as a fan. Do you question how much actors are paid per movie? Do you question how much singers are paid, per performance? It's all entertainment. If it doesn't bother me that Stafford, Gurley, Julio, Tyron, Cox and others got theirs; then I have no problem with Zeke getting his.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Ewok's going to show ole Dalvin why he's the highest paid rusher Sunday night!