Zeke and Pollard

snadler

Reaction score
Zeke has been a great mentor and tutor for Pollard!!!
Thank you Zeke!!! :muttley:

Glad they pay Zeke that kind of money to mentor, hopefully they’ do the smart thing and trade Zeke this off-season, zero need to ever pay a RB, maybe Jerry learned his lesson

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Lol

Lol! He ran for 1357 and a 4.5 average just last season. He was running over 4ypc before Dak got hurt. Teams are still game planning to stop him and stacking 8 in the box to do so. Maybe you need to see the Doc for dementia....

No one is game planning to stop Zeke. At this point, they are praying that they give the ball to the plodding, slow, predictable Zeke. As Pollard clearly showed today, he is the more explosive, dangerous back.

Zeke's days of dominating are way over. Any back can gain 1300 yards on 300 carries in the #1 rated offense in football.

exciter

Reaction score
No one is game planning to stop Zeke. At this point, they are praying that they give the ball to the plodding, slow, predictable Zeke. As Pollard clearly showed today, he is the more explosive, dangerous back.

Zeke's days of dominating are way over. Any back can gain 1300 yards on 300 carries in the #1 rated offense in football.
Lol! Not according to quote of the defensive players on the opposing upcoming teams every week. They all keep saying stopping him is the most important job. But hey, maybe they’re lying to make him feel better. Of coarse, then they wouldn’t be stacking the box. Pollard is barely a legitimate backup. Zeke is going to be here at least through 2023.... might want to deal with that reality.

cern

Reaction score
Nope
And those who expected too are delusional
Pollard is great compliment for zeke and I’d use him more in the pass game but his strengths are different than zeke
Your point is well taken. The problem, however, is getting both in the game at the same time. It's usually one or the other.

conner01

Reaction score
Your point is well taken. The problem, however, is getting both in the game at the same time. It's usually one or the other.
Very true and if you put them in together you’d have to take the TE or slot off. I wouldn’t take lamb off but I could see some option without a TE
It’s not something you’d do a lot but 3-4 times a game with running and passing options
If a D didn’t go nickle you could really get a miss match by splitting both backs out
A creative play caller should be able to get zeke 20 carries or so and pollard a few and get both involved in passing game
A fully healthy oline next year really makes being creative easier

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope
And those who expected too are delusional
Pollard is great compliment for zeke and I’d use him more in the pass game but his strengths are different than zeke
SF game planned for Zeke all week. Pollard being a surprise starter helped. He looked good, but I agree he's not a full time rb.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don’t even think Zeke is a top 20 back anymore. Plenty of running backs would do more on this team.

I still think he’s a good back. He’s just not the elite back some folks so desperately want him to be. He’s essentially a glorified power back.

conner01

Reaction score
SF game planned for Zeke all week. Pollard being a surprise starter helped. He looked good, but I agree he's not a full time rb.
His game is more shifty guy with quickness and speed
Zeke a more power guy
Together they give you a nice change of pace
I’d like to see pollard getting more catches but with Cooper, Gallup and Lamb that’s hard to do
Zeke production this year is somewhat explained by oline but the turnovers is all on him

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol! Not according to quote of the defensive players on the opposing upcoming teams every week. They all keep saying stopping him is the most important job. But hey, maybe they’re lying to make him feel better. Of coarse, then they wouldn’t be stacking the box. Pollard is barely a legitimate backup. Zeke is going to be here at least through 2023.... might want to deal with that reality.
He's a lying troll. Don't give him the attention he so desperately craves.
Zeke did his momma hard and he'll not soon get over it.

romomania

Reaction score
Alternate between the 2 per drive. RB by committee will work, forget the old school need for 1 primary back. We already made the mistake giving a RB a bigger contract than we should have. Never pay RB's unless the contract is reasonable for the low value position that it is.

Little Jr

Reaction score
Couldnt said it better

132101140_3939004699465276_7068671421870380906_n.jpg

Little Jr

Reaction score
Lol

. Teams are still game planning to stop him and stacking 8 in the box to do so. .
Not sure why people think Zeke faces so many stacked boxes.

Stack boxes 2019
19.27%(27th most in the NFL)

Pollard is facing a higher % of stacked boxes this year than Zeke.
Zeke-22.27%(25th most in the NFL)
Pollard-22.99(22nd most in the NFL)

Last 2 games
VS the Bengals Pollard faced 45.45% stacked boxes to Zekes 25%.
Vs the Niners Pollard faced 33.33% stacked boxes.

Stacked boxes has more to do with personnel grouping and alignment than they do with the individual RB.

aria

Reaction score
Not sure why people think Zeke faces so many stacked boxes.

Stack boxes 2019
19.27%(27th most in the NFL)

Pollard is facing a higher % of stacked boxes this year than Zeke.
Zeke-22.27%(25th most in the NFL)
Pollard-22.99(22nd most in the NFL)

Last 2 games
VS the Bengals Pollard faced 45.45% stacked boxes to Zekes 25%.
Vs the Niners Pollard faced 33.33% stacked boxes.

Stacked boxes has more to do with personnel grouping and alignment than they do with the individual RB.
Don’t tell this to @RonnieT24! He played the game, he doesn’t need no stats to tell him how many defenders are stacking the box! Stats are irrelevant unless they support zeke, you should know this by now.