Video: Zeke holding out? "Trade him" says Cowherd

visionary

Reaction score
Owners have to honor contracts. I mean, there really is no in between.

Exactly
I always shake my head when I hear this crap
If there is a contract both parties should (and have to) honor it
If “the owners can get out of the contract” then here is a news flash, that must have been part of the contract.
So why did you sign it? Oh, because you wanted the up front guaranteed money? Ok, now honor your part of it

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Damn. I like the use of "indignation"!

h0F3BE8D5

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cowherd says anything and everything that's on the hotplate and he thinks he's the smartest man in the room because of it.
Even though he gets so much wrong...

It's a weird thing, feeling you're super-smart because you can open your mouth.
I agree with all that you just said but Cowherd is right this time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke Should get paid, in order to do that OL needs to restructure their contracts.
Dak will take a slightly team friendly deal that will help sign Cooper.

#Teamwork.
No, in order to do that you let someone else do it and reap the rewards for trading him.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Snap! You know what? I kid you not, but my wife and I watched the original last night.
I guess that's what triggered me.

Edit: here come the mods.
This is not relevant! To Hell with board camaraderie! This post is deleted!

Punks...
It's very relevant, just like in the movie, Florio has spread out his spores and infected people and now Zeke is being chased by the Internet "pod people". The hysteria is growing and the remaining few will have to barricade ourselves, lest we become infected as well.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It's very relevant, just like in the movie, Florio has spread out his spores and infected people and now Zeke is being chased by the Internet "pod people". The hysteria is growing and the remaining few will have to barricade ourselves, lest we become infected as well.
I am suddenly paranoid!!!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Trades are made, primarily depending upon how lucrative the deal is or isn't and if the team in question benefits in the long run by making it. Any trade is (or isn't) desirable, depending solely upon those two factors. If Dallas finds a deal lucrative enough, take it. If not, avoid it. This applies to Zeke or anyone else on the roster. No smart decision can be made without closely examining the specific merits, versus mistakes, of making it. Common sense. ;)

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Two questions:
  1. He keeps talking about "getting this haul" from some team. Please let me know both the haul you think you're getting and the team you're getting it from?
Who is the GM so secure in his job that he will offer up this "haul", then make Zeke the league's highest paid running back, all while clearly having no fear of future suspensions?

Who is that guy?

There's a sucker born every minute.

We gave up a 1st for Cooper, who had nowhere near the track record of Zeke.

You never know what we could get. I'd certainly make calls and find out.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Trade him to the Steelers, the Lions, the Bears, the Colts, the Ravens, the Chargers...

And that team will win 11+ games and have a home playoff game. And likely have more wins than you this season.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Pay him AFTER his contract is up. Teach these young men to honor their word and commitments. Allowing these delusional kids to break agreements further stunts their maturity.

Better to let some other team bite that bullet and teach Zeke that lesson, if we can find someone else to do it. We should be about winning, not straightening out Zeke's head.

But I wouldn't be inclined to give Zeke a big fat raise for current years under contract. He was drafted 4th, is paid as the 4th, and lives up to that pay. It's not like he's Dak, massively outplaying his contract.

The NFL can't take top draft picks holding out for early contracts. 1st round picks are supposed to have a 5th year option, and then franchise years. The NFL needs a no contract renegotiation clause in the contracts of 1st round picks. If players want to sit out, their signing bonuses should be clawed back on a prorated basis.

In fact, signing bonuses should be annuities whose payments are simply withheld until the player fulfills his obligations.

That way guys like Purple Drank can't sign a contract and then just leave the league fat and happy with a bonus for never playing.