Video: Zeke holding out? "Trade him" says Cowherd

sunalsorises

Reaction score
His argument has a shred of sense to it. I present the Marshawn Lynch rebuttal by which Russel Wilson hasn’t won much without the elite back and would have won two championships in a row had he handed Lynch the ball.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I hear...
the Bloodhound Gang?!

Just it, the fact we have not heard one word from either Zeke agent or Stephen tells me all I need to know. Think about, if things had deteriorated to the point of Zeke threating to hold out, we what have heard some more concrete than media *** guessing. BTW......I notice one article mention something about Zeke wanting to see FO being pro-active. That's a bunch BS.......Stephen has already admitted he expects to pay Zeke more than Gurley and ask for Zeke patients until he can take care of couple others. If that's not pro-active, I don't know what is.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Trade him to the Steelers, the Lions, the Bears, the Colts, the Ravens, the Chargers...

And that team will win 11+ games and have a home playoff game. And likely have more wins than you this season.
the KC Chiefs have Damien Williams and Carlos Hyde, if they had a "win it all" this year mentality I would see if they gave up more than a first.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Just it, the fact we have not heard one word from either Zeke agent or Stephen tells me all I need to know. Think about, if things had deteriorated to the point of Zeke threating to hold out, we what have heard some more concrete than media *** guessing. BTW......I notice one article mention something about Zeke wanting to see FO being pro-active. That's a bunch BS.......Stephen has already admitted he expects to pay Zeke more than Gurley and ask for Zeke patients until he can take care of couple others. If that's not pro-active, I don't know what is.

The reason is the 4 yr(s) / $57,500,000 contract TGurley signed last season.

Zeke is clearly the better player.

If you are being underpaid by an extreme amount, and your career is limited, you are going to use the leverage you have to increase your salary.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Perhaps so. If it works out better signing him now to an extension then I hope they do it. I just get irritated when I see how people can't just honor their commitments. It is like that quality is all but gone.

It's called "Integrity" ... and it is gone.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He makes a compelling case.

If we can get a Hershel Walker close deal then so be it....what Cowherd is forgetting is that HUGE hole we have at QB....so difficult....

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you're for trading Zeke or not, Jones doesn't have the stones to do it.

Toomany10pins

Reaction score
I think we gotta get more then just a first round pick for him but I think we can Catch. Look, if he wants to sit the season and play it that way and we got a decent offer, I'd trade him too. I think he's a great player but I don't see him as a guy who might be here producing at a high level for a really long time. I don't think he's E. Smith.

I think a first is the most you’d get for him. If he didn’t have the off-field issues, and was signed long term you’d get much more.

Dallas won’t get his value back in a trade IMHO.

You're better off hoping to get a long term deal done and hope he stays out of trouble. Maybe have a behavioral clause into the new long term contract that affect future yearly bonuses?

reddyuta

Reaction score
they can't pay him this year, it will set a bad precedent.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
I was a big Cowherd fan until he went to FOX. Now he is basically Skip Bayless 2.0. Funny story...in 2017 Dallas was 2-3 and had just lost to Green Bay. They played the 49ers that Sunday. On Friday Collin did his little picks and said the 49ers would beat Dallas. He kept saying Dallas was done yada yada yada (mind you the niners were terrible at the time) Dallas beats them 40-10 and Zeke has a big day. On Monday Collin goes on the air saying how he was right about Dallas and they are a Super Bowl team....That was it for me with him. You watch-Zeke will go off against the Giants week 1 and he will be talking about how Dallas would be dumb to not pay him. He is nothing but an entertainer now. Sad, he used to be one of the best.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Fake news Zeke never said anything about holding out. Florio stared this lie now even after it was said that Florio was wrong people are still believing this crap

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He talks about all the reason’s not to extend him....then says “trade him for a couple of 1s.” Lol.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
No way they trade zeke. Thatd be crazy. Probably only get a 2nd for him anyway.

jay94

Reaction score
The Jones' will pay Zeke and I feel it will be a mistake in the midterm to long run. I love EZ and fully recognize the value of his contribution to the team, but the Cowboys have to start exploiting the trade value of some of their young stars and keep churning the roster. A first round pick for Zeke is no brainer and someone will pony that up in a heartbeat. Pick up a good, veteran back and platoon him with the new rook or another young player.

Just can't pay a RB Gurley money. If Zeke will take $30M over the next three years and be happy with it, I get that done today.

He will get more than Gurley

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
You gotta teach these kids! I remember the good old days...

giphy.gif
This may be the single best and appropriately placed gif I’ve seen.

You sir are a true hero.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The example he gives - Lamar Miller and two 1st round picks - I'd do tomorrow. I just don't think anyone would make that kind of offer.
Lamar Miller, equals championship
I was a big Cowherd fan until he went to FOX. Now he is basically Skip Bayless 2.0. Funny story...in 2017 Dallas was 2-3 and had just lost to Green Bay. They played the 49ers that Sunday. On Friday Collin did his little picks and said the 49ers would beat Dallas. He kept saying Dallas was done yada yada yada (mind you the niners were terrible at the time) Dallas beats them 40-10 and Zeke has a big day. On Monday Collin goes on the air saying how he was right about Dallas and they are a Super Bowl team....That was it for me with him. You watch-Zeke will go off against the Giants week 1 and he will be talking about how Dallas would be dumb to not pay him. He is nothing but an entertainer now. Sad, he used to be one of the best.
He is like many on this board. Flip flops from player to player, team to team. Cowherd is big Eagles fan now. Loves Wentz.