Video: Zeke holding out? "Trade him" says Cowherd

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Cowherd says anything and everything that's on the hotplate and he thinks he's the smartest man in the room because of it.
Even though he gets so much wrong...

It's a weird thing, feeling you're super-smart because you can open your mouth.

Im am very intelligent too. I mean like super super smart.

Should i try to aply for a job there ? What do you think ? ;-)

TwentyOne

Reaction score

He makes a compelling case.

Didnt whatch the video, but i think if zeke holds out and really plays the hard game we should at least test what we can get for him.

If we can get a high #1 and a #2 with a player also i am all for trading him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just hope that nobody from the Texans listens to his show, otherwise, his "brilliant plan" to fleece them out of Lamar Miller and two 1st round picks goes up in smoke!

:omg:

pgreptom

Reaction score
I trade him for a first. I don't even need that good of a haul. I have loved watching #21 play in Dallas, however this guy... just doesn't get it. Fresh off a meeting with the Bozo in NY, possible suspension... and he wants a new contract. I don't care how close we are to a ring, you're not getting me like that when you've got two years left. Garrett always talks about the right kind of guy, the right kind of guy doesn't wait until 07/15 to start this crap.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
We are Ohio State fans and this is even growing weary on us. Do right Zeke. best moment of the draft was "Dallas Cowboy select" Rushing titles are great. Out come of this team is what counts. What do you do?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I trade him for a first. I don't even need that good of a haul. I have loved watching #21 play in Dallas, however this guy... just doesn't get it. Fresh off a meeting with the Bozo in NY, possible suspension... and he wants a new contract. I don't care how close we are to a ring, you're not getting me like that when you've got two years left. Garrett always talks about the right kind of guy, the right kind of guy doesn't wait until 07/15 to start this crap.

Being an idiot, he makes it easy not to root for him.

But as I've said, I'm not getting worked up about it unless he actually does what's being talked about. But if he does? I'll go scorched earth with the guy, and start bringing in running backs off the street, like Jay Ajayi and Jeremy Hill to the roster. And I'll call up the Browns to see what's they want for Duke Johnson as well, and make sure everyone know I called them.

Let some of these other backs run behind this offensive line, and see just how "indispensable" Elliott truly is?

BigD_95

Reaction score
Pay him AFTER his contract is up. Teach these young men to honor their word and commitments. Allowing these delusional kids to break agreements further stunts their maturity.

why should the players honor their word when the owners/GM's do not honor theirs? I see players getting cut all the time before their contract is up.

with that said I would not resign him now either. Dallas has control over him for 4 years, 2 more under contract & can Franchise tag him 2 more. Maybe next off-season they can resign him if they want to.

I do feel bad for RB's in the NFL though. Its kind of unfair. RB have a shorter lifespan in the NFL. Teams can basically control 6 years of their playing time and can run them into the ground. Then just walk away before they ever get their 2nd contract. Most might not see a 2nd contract let alone a 3rd. Compared to other positions in the NFL.

Reaction score
Exactly
I always shake my head when I hear this crap
If there is a contract both parties should (and have to) honor it
If “the owners can get out of the contract” then here is a news flash, that must have been part of the contract.
So why did you sign it? Oh, because you wanted the up front guaranteed money? Ok, now honor your part of it
This is the part everyone seems to ignore.

Within the contract there has to be clauses which state that clubs can cut players at any time and that the players are entitled to only the guaranteed portions of the contract.

So when player X gets cut, owners are not reneging on a contract. It's all part of the deal. And the players sign off on it ahead of time.

LittleD

Reaction score
This is the part everyone seems to ignore.

Within the contract there has to be clauses which state that clubs can cut players at any time and that the players are entitled to only the guaranteed portions of the contract.

So when player X gets cut, owners are not reneging on a contract. It's all part of the deal. And the players sign off on it ahead of time.

Just like real life...Employment at Will, Fire at Will. The only difference is the guarantee portion contained in the contract. No one, as an employee,
is guaranteed another year of work. You have to earn it and Zeke has nearly burned his bridge.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Owners cut guys and renig on deals all the time? Signing bonuses and guarentees they have to pay, but there's a lot thats not guaranteed on most contracts?

But that's not breaking the contract. That's the language that makes up the contract. That's completely different then just not fulfilling a contract. In fact, that's exactly the opposite of what we are talking about.

superonyx

Reaction score
Pay him AFTER his contract is up. Teach these young men to honor their word and commitments. Allowing these delusional kids to break agreements further stunts their maturity.
Can we teach the old men to honor their agreements also? Why are you only worried when the player breaks the agreement but don’t seem so upset when the billionaire owners do this?

superonyx

Reaction score
But that's not breaking the contract. That's the language that makes up the contract. That's completely different then just not fulfilling a contract. In fact, that's exactly the opposite of what we are talking about.
Just because a contract is written one sided doesn’t change spirit of the action of reneging on the agreement. I get what you are saying 100%. But in a one sided business agreement this is the only leverage a player has to protect their interest.

We all know this. Some just choose to look at the literal definitions of agreement and contracts to make their case. This topic deserves understanding from both sides of the debate.

Reactions: CWR

kskboys

Reaction score
Can we teach the old men to honor their agreements also? Why are you only worried when the player breaks the agreement but don’t seem so upset when the billionaire owners do this?
Owners always honor their agreements. Not sure what you're referring to.

superonyx

Reaction score
Just like real life...Employment at Will, Fire at Will. The only difference is the guarantee portion contained in the contract. No one, as an employee,
is guaranteed another year of work. You have to earn it and Zeke has nearly burned his bridge.
Just like in real life from the other side also. This isn’t a charity business. Zeke brings money to the organization and for this he gets a portion of it in return. Just as teams don’t need to keep him, he doesn’t need to sell his services to them .

At Will is also from labors perspective.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think a first is the most you’d get for him. If he didn’t have the off-field issues, and was signed long term you’d get much more.

Dallas won’t get his value back in a trade IMHO.

You're better off hoping to get a long term deal done and hope he stays out of trouble. Maybe have a behavioral clause into the new long term contract that affect future yearly bonuses?

I think it depends on the situation entirely. A guy like Zeke is exactly the kind of player a team like Oakland in Vegas might have value to. I think you can get more for Zeke, right now, then just a 1st.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes you are. You just pretend to be dumb.
Not true. Although you can find an owner occasionally agreeing to do something verbally and then not doing it, if it's in the contract, the owners do it.

Can you name some of these broken contracts by owners?