Zeke Injunction Thread *** UPDATE: Injunction Denied ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

diefree666

Reaction score
No, it's reality. You can whine and cry about innocence and that isn't going to change the fact he's going to have to serve a suspension. Tom Brady screamed innocence. Fought it as far as he could. Still had to serve. If Zeke has to serve it I'd rather it now than next season.
I reject your concept of facts

Your idea of facts are a joke hence your posts about Dak

IheartRomo

Reaction score
They have no defense. They're half a team and without much of a passing game.

They have no LB depth or safeties. But yes, I agree, the defense will eventually be this team's undoing. However, it's not as inevitable as it has been in prior years with the greatest quarterback of all time and a gauntlet of other great QBs ready to feast during the playoffs.

The NFC field is absolutely wide open with some less than spectacular/veteran QBs. It's a decent time to take a shot if you can go on a run.

Reaction score
I really feel sorry for you. Your life must be very sad.
not sure why someone saying what they think is realistic in this situation is cause to feel sorry for them. Nowhere did I see this poster say what he/she feels is the right thing to do, only commented on what is maybe the unfortunate reality

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I reject your concept of facts

Your idea of facts are a joke hence your posts about Dak

I'm not really interested in what you reject but what's the reality of the situation. Zeke will eventually have to serve a suspension. Whining about innocence isn't going to change anything.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have no LB depth or safeties. But yes, I agree, the defense will eventually be this team's undoing. However, it's not as inevitable as it has been in prior years with the greatest quarterback of all time and a gauntlet of other great QBs ready to feast during the playoffs.

The NFC field is absolutely wide open with some less than spectacular/veteran QBs. It's a decent time to take a shot if you can go on a run.

Right so let's beef up the defense in the offseason and have Zeke for 16 games rather than now with a more flawed team.

Big boy rational talk. Few are capable of it here.

diefree666

Reaction score
not sure why someone saying what they think is realistic in this situation is cause to feel sorry for them. Nowhere did I see this poster say what he/she feels is the right thing to do, only commented on what is maybe the unfortunate reality
his post history.

diefree666

Reaction score
I'm not really interested in what you reject but what's the reality of the situation. Zeke will eventually have to serve a suspension. Whining about innocence isn't going to change anything.
your idea of reality is fantasy island

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We have children here.

I believe in Zeke's innocence but that point became moot when the suspension was given out. Unless you think he can take down Goodell then an eventual suspension will be served. Every single one of these face painted children will whine like little babies when he has to serve it next year with what will hopefully be a better, more complete team.

IheartRomo

Reaction score
Right so let's beef up the defense in the offseason and have Zeke for 16 games rather than now with a more flawed team.

Big boy rational talk. Few are capable of it here.

I hear ya. I'm extremely torn on the matter. Well, guess we'll find out later today what the verdict is regardless.

Zordon

Reaction score
They have no defense. They're half a team and without much of a passing game.
True but the NFC is weak as hell this year. The two franchises that have given us fits in the playoffs the last decade (Giants and Packers) are finished. I think our best opportunity is this year despite our flaws.

Verdict

Reaction score
This situation is not cut and dried either way. I do not believe that the NFL's sham proceedings in this Zeke's process satisfies due process. Normally an employee isn't entitled to due process. An employer just decides to punish the employee and he or she has no redress, but can quit anytime he or she wants to quit.

When an employer has a handbook (or published rules) they are usually deemed to be an informal contract with the employer. That's really the achille's heel of the NFL. Once an employee is entitled to a hearing then due process and fundamental fairness become an issue. In fact a smart lawyer might argue the position that there is an implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing in the contract giving rise to a cause of action in tort for violation of it as well as breach of contract.

I believe that the NFL's sham process has really put them in a huge bind and gives Zeke more leverage than he would have otherwise had. The NFL should have given him a fair hearing and then done what they were going to do anyway.

A ruling by the courts in Zekes case could SEVERELY curtail the commissioners power going forward. The league would see that coming. If they are smart (can't assume that) they will settle or dismiss the appeal at some point rather than establish pad precedent.

I believe the injunction will be granted. What isn't as clear is whether the NFL could eventually give Zeke his fair hearing and suspend him anyway.

mardwin

Reaction score
100%. Season's over if he has to serve it now.

I'm still hoping he does and you'll all agree with me next year when the team might have a better chance to compete.

we have 3 losses and 2 of them we should have won it with better coaching. Stop the overreaction this team is on schedule.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, it's reality. You can whine and cry about innocence and that isn't going to change the fact he's going to have to serve a suspension. Tom Brady screamed innocence. Fought it as far as he could. Still had to serve. If Zeke has to serve it I'd rather it now than next season.

And the judge already said the Brady case sets no precedent on this case. And anyone including the NFL thought otherwise were fooling themselves.
I rather it be pushed back because there is always that chance it is vacated. And next year the team can be better prepared for a backup plan, as they were blindsided by this for this year.

John813

Reaction score
So, it starts at 5, any word on when the actual decision will be announced? Will it come today or possibly Tuesday/later in week

Status
Not open for further replies.