Zeke Injunction Thread *** UPDATE: Injunction Denied ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DMac and Morris are gone next year....you really think Morris wants to stay here?

We have to draft a backup RB either way.

Have you been drinking this morning?

Read it slow.

I'm suggesting taking the suspension now. Ya know, while Morris is on the roster.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I thought that too, but are they that worried about McFadden getting injured from a possible 5-8 snaps a game?

It's not like we are rotating Zeke a lot. This year he seems to be on the field almost every drive, sans after a long run or a quick breather. If McFadden is a risk to get injured from a play or two now, then good luck having him be the workhorse back if Zeke is gone for 6 games.
I think they're viewing it similar to a PS game. The odds of injury in a few carries may not be high, but why take the risk at all for someone who may end up being greatly needed?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get what you're saying and why just don't see it happening esp before rd 4. Those first four picks should be going to an area of need and the annual TE selection. Zeke's bellcow prowess makes this not an area of need regardless of any suspension. Maybe Darious Jackson will be available next year:).

Oh yea, the HOF Darius may be available :laugh:

Reaction score
Have to disagree with this on all fronts. No way this team is going to invest in another RB with a top 1-4 pick imo. Doesn't make sense with all the issues on Def and needing some fresh new talent on the OL. No way this team even with a Zeke suspension is going to invest a top pick on a RB. What good would any of these names do other than being behind Zeke? Zeke is still going to fight it and continue playing if he is innocent. Just have to disagree 100% with this line of thinking. Zeke was drafted to be the bellcow and not share the load.
Cowboys have something like 11 picks next year. Drafting a RB in the 4th round is not going to kill the teams ability to improve the defense.

Even without the Zeke situation, you need a RB anyway. Morris and McFaddon are gone after this year. And the Smiths' are not suitable replacements. They need to draft a no matter what what to Zeke.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Cowboys have something like 11 picks next year. Drafting a RB in the 4th round is not going to kill the teams ability to improve the defense.

Even without the Zeke situation, you need a RB anyway. Morris and McFaddon are gone after this year. And the Smiths' are not suitable replacements. They need to draft a no matter what what to Zeke.
There is no hard evidence to support both backups will be gone. Sorry just don't see this team wasting, which is what it will be , any of the first four picks on a RB. Not with a bellcow in the stable.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Their contracts end at the end of the year?
Yes but this doesn't mean one or both won't be back and it surely doesn't mean you have to waste a pick on a RB. There will be several to choose from in FA as well. Which as far as backup RBs go is probably the best most realistic route.

JBS

Reaction score
Better than Alfred Morris?

You want to invest in a new RB for a 6 game suspension next year? That seems foolish with all the other needs on this team.

I don't think Morris is very good...doesn't require a big investment..5th round pick..young legs w juice..or a young cheap fa...not hard to improve on Morris

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Morris and McFadden are getting long in the teeth. Drafting a RB in the 3rd or 4th round next season is actually a great concept.

- We have a legit shot at the postseason, the "tournament" as BP once dubbed.

- There is NO dominant team in the NFL right now. No team that a good OL, solid running game, and average D couldn't beat.

- Zeke is on my fantasy team.

The last one you may not care about, but please pay heed to the first two. We don't need to win the division. Let Philly have that. This team can still snag a WC at 10-6 or 11-5 and make some noise.

We need this injunction.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Read it slow.

I'm suggesting taking the suspension now. Ya know, while Morris is on the roster.

Well if you want to forfeit the season, thats on you but I do know one thing.....football is a year to year thing. Its not like other sports, you take the opportunity when its there or it might not be there anymore. Thats why the Eagles are talking about being aggressive at the deadline, which is actually smart on their part.

With Zeke, we have a chance of sweeping the Eagles and winning the division. I don't know where you lie on that fence, but in football, opportunities only come every once in a while. This isn't basketball where you can tank for a season and end up with Tim Duncan, then win a championship.

Its worth a try even if he is suspended. Morris gets us maybe 3-3 through the next 6, Zeke could be 5-1. I don't have to read it slow........your making no sense if your a Cowboys fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.