Zeke Injunction Thread *** UPDATE: Injunction Denied ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verdict

Reaction score
And the judge already said the Brady case sets no precedent on this case. And anyone including the NFL thought otherwise were fooling themselves.
I rather it be pushed back because there is always that chance it is vacated. And next year the team can be better prepared for a backup plan, as they were blindsided by this for this year.

I believe we will draft a running back reasonably high next year. We should have done it this year, as I initially advocated.

Can you imagine if we had passed on Soggy Taco and traded back drafted Kamara, Hunt, Mixon or several others? We could have still took a developmental DE which is what Taco is, later in the draft where Taco should have been drafted. Hell we might could have snagged Taco later in the draft.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I believe we will draft a running back reasonably high next year. We should have done it this year, as I initially advocated.

Can you imagine if we had passed on Soggy Taco and traded back drafted Kamara, Hunt, Mixon or several others? We could have still took a developmental DE which is what Taco is, later in the draft where Taco should have been drafted. Hell we might could have snagged Taco later in the draft.

Well as I said, they were blind sided, and had McFadden and Morris, and now Rod Smith. So a formidable group. However I do agree, since McFadden and Morris will be FA's, and both likely gone or brought back cheap, they will draft a RB as the prime backup regardless, but can also step in as the #1 if / when needed. Regardless of the outcome on Zeke.

JBS

Reaction score
No, it's reality. You can whine and cry about innocence and that isn't going to change the fact he's going to have to serve a suspension. Tom Brady screamed innocence. Fought it as far as he could. Still had to serve. If Zeke has to serve it I'd rather it now than next season.

Not me..next season is better..we need a better backup RB to ease the blow

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
We have children here.

I believe in Zeke's innocence but that point became moot when the suspension was given out. Unless you think he can take down Goodell then an eventual suspension will be served. Every single one of these face painted children will whine like little babies when he has to serve it next year with what will hopefully be a better, more complete team.
RS, you're absolutely correct in stating that this court case is not about Zeke's guilt/innocence. It is about whether the league's appeals hearing process was fair. You obviously don't think he has a chance of escaping a suspension. Personally, I think he has a shot, but not a great one. I want him to fight this and win it because I despise everything about Goodell and the league office. Will he win? Odds are against it, I think, but I still want him to fight...not so much because he's innocent (though I believe he is), but because the league just can't go on unchecked to do as the please. Your logic on him getting the suspension out of the way this year (given that he HAS to serve it) is valid, but so is the logic that says the NFC is wide open this year and throwing in the towel so early isn't sensible.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
100%. Season's over if he has to serve it now.

I'm still hoping he does and you'll all agree with me next year when the team might have a better chance to compete.
Up in the air right now for me. Not a wait till next year type of guy but as you said hard to see this team going far with the current make up..I just don't want to see him punished for something he didn't do.

Verdict

Reaction score
Well as I said, they were blind sided, and had McFadden and Morris, and now Rod Smith. So a formidable group. However I do agree, since McFadden and Morris will be FA's, and both likely gone or brought back cheap, they will draft a RB as the prime backup regardless, but can also step in as the #1 if / when needed. Regardless of the outcome on Zeke.

They were probably a bit surprised Zeke was suspended but that's not really the point. Zeke could get injured and be out half a year at any given time. The running game is too important to this team to mess around with it.

Morris is NOT starting quality and I'm not sure why they are playing him. He sucked last year. Sucked. I'm not sure why they are playing him over McFadden. Either McFadden has done something to really piss them off, or they are saving him in case Zeke gets suspended. I really can't figure that one out.

McFadden is serviceable but he's not Zeke and there were half a dozen guys we could have taken in the draft in the second round or later that would be a significant upgrade over McFadden. Smith is a pleasant surprise so far though. I will give them that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Up in the air right now for me. Not a wait till next year type of guy but as you said hard to see this team going far with the current make up..I just don't want to see him punished for something he didn't do.

I don't want to either.

I also don't want to die or pay my taxes.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were probably a bit surprised Zeke was suspended but that's not really the point. Zeke could get injured and be out half a year at any given time. The running game is too important to this team to mess around with it.

Morris is NOT starting quality and I'm not sure why they are playing him. He sucked last year. Sucked. I'm not sure why they are playing him over McFadden. Either McFadden has done something to really piss them off, or they are saving him in case Zeke gets suspended. I really can't figure that one out.

McFadden is serviceable but he's not Zeke and there were half a dozen guys we could have taken in the draft in the second round or later that would be a significant upgrade over McFadden. Smith is a pleasant surprise so far though. I will give them that.

I can't understand Morris over McFadden either. And those that say Morris looks great simply need glasses or just hate DMC. That is the only reason I see DMC inactive also, in case Zeke is suspended. He comes in fresh and healthy.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Have to disagree with this on all fronts. No way this team is going to invest in another RB with a top 1-4 pick imo. Doesn't make sense with all the issues on Def and needing some fresh new talent on the OL. No way this team even with a Zeke suspension is going to invest a top pick on a RB. What good would any of these names do other than being behind Zeke? Zeke is still going to fight it and continue playing if he is innocent. Just have to disagree 100% with this line of thinking. Zeke was drafted to be the bellcow and not share the load.

John813

Reaction score
I can't understand Morris over McFadden either. And those that say Morris looks great simply need glasses or just hate DMC. That is the only reason I see DMC inactive also, in case Zeke is suspended. He comes in fresh and healthy.

I thought that too, but are they that worried about McFadden getting injured from a possible 5-8 snaps a game?

It's not like we are rotating Zeke a lot. This year he seems to be on the field almost every drive, sans after a long run or a quick breather. If McFadden is a risk to get injured from a play or two now, then good luck having him be the workhorse back if Zeke is gone for 6 games.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have to disagree with this on all fronts. No way this team is going to invest in another RB with a top 1-4 pick imo. Doesn't make sense with all the issues on Def and needing some fresh new talent on the OL. No way this team even with a Zeke suspension is going to invest a top pick on a RB. What good would any of these names do other than being behind Zeke? Zeke is still going to fight it and continue playing if he is innocent. Just have to disagree 100% with this line of thinking. Zeke was drafted to be the bellcow and not share the load.

Not a 1st or 2nd, but a 3rd or 4th would do if needed. As we will still need a back up RB if neither Morris or DMC is here or not brought back.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought that too, but are they that worried about McFadden getting injured from a possible 5-8 snaps a game?

It's not like we are rotating Zeke a lot. This year he seems to be on the field almost every drive, sans after a long run or a quick breather. If McFadden is a risk to get injured from a play or two now, then good luck having him be the workhorse back if Zeke is gone for 6 games.

Can't disagree. But this is our coaching staff making these decisions...and you know the track record there....:laugh:

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
I think Risen Star should just go ahead and change his name to Risen Eagle Head ( Since the Star is the Cowboy's symbol as the Eagle Head is Philly's symbol ).

Risen Eagle Head is what I think I'll call him for now on - much more accurate a screen name IMO.

And for Risen Eagle head - here you go ...

:igglestrophy:

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
If you believe this is a can't win case, then his innocence becomes irrelevant to me. It's now just when is the best time to serve and that's now. Don't carry this into next season.

Maybe you can light a candle or something for victims of stuff to feel better.

Dude, really.

If his suspension carries til next season, we can draft a RB decently high in the draft to carry the load for his suspension next season.

Wanting a suspension right now....well only an Eagle fan would want that.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Better than Alfred Morris?

You want to invest in a new RB for a 6 game suspension next year? That seems foolish with all the other needs on this team.

DMac and Morris are gone next year....you really think Morris wants to stay here?

We have to draft a backup RB either way.

Have you been drinking this morning?

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
I believe the injunction will be granted. What isn't as clear is whether the NFL could eventually give Zeke his fair hearing and suspend him anyway.
That's what the NFL should do here and what may still be the out they have. Drop the suspension, allow due process in appeal and still suspend him.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Not a 1st or 2nd, but a 3rd or 4th would do if needed. As we will still need a back up RB if neither Morris or DMC is here or not brought back.
I get what you're saying and why just don't see it happening esp before rd 4. Those first four picks should be going to an area of need and the annual TE selection. Zeke's bellcow prowess makes this not an area of need regardless of any suspension. Maybe Darious Jackson will be available next year:).

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude, really.

If his suspension carries til next season, we can draft a RB decently high in the draft to carry the load for his suspension next season.

Let's burn a high pick for 6 games!

The absolute worst idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.