Zeke Injunction Thread *** UPDATE: Injunction Denied ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Right so let's beef up the defense in the offseason and have Zeke for 16 games rather than now with a more flawed team.

Big boy rational talk. Few are capable of it here.

I understand and agree with your position.

If it comes down to Zeke serving a suspension, it should be this year.

However, I cannot get past what that does for the kid during the rest of his life as far as being a marketable commodity. If he is truly innocent, that is a travesty. And your calling out people whining about is is superflous since you, like the rest of us truly do not know what the outcome will be. The odds favor suspension. But that is why they are called odds and not immutable facts.

But having "whined" about my position, this is a bandaide that needs to be ripped off and not be sissies about it.

But just for shates and giggles.

Why wouldn't Mara intervene and let this drag out until next year? You surely feel his presence behind this fiasco with Goodell.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
I've always thought that was a foolish argument by the defense. The NFL has no legal authority to compel anyone outside of the CBA to appear.
very true, although not a good development for Zeke

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not an expert by any means, but in my experience, if the judge is leaning one way, they tend to go hard on questioning in the other direction I would assume in an attempt to maintain balance to their judgement. So, I wouldn't assume anything at this point. Even the judge said not to read anything into her questions.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I've heard nothing to suggest he is going to get screwed. What the judge is going to rule on is likely fairness in the process. While conspiracy is part of that, it feels like Zeke and his lawyer are painting that picture, but clearly do not have any proof that is what happen.

Most likely, she we look at what evidence was submitted and the reasoning behind the ruling by the NFL and try to deem if there is any possibility that there was a lack of fairness in the process. If so, she would stay the injunction and allow the whole thing to proceed forward.

ThatGuyTra

Reaction score

87wQl.gif

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

So what Paul Clement is saying, it doesn't matter if his life is screwed, blued, and tattooed because the league has made a mistake or is being capricious.

Then there will never be fairness in this league, from player treatment to rules of play. Only the outcome of the managing aspect of the league have dominion, and their outcome is what matters. Not the players.

Boulder-dash.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Dam, sounds like the judge ain’t buying it.

I guess she thinks hiding evidence is no biggie..........WOW

And we all wondered why the NFL had such a hard on to get this in the NY courts.
It was always pretty obvious why the NFL wanted it in the NY district so badly: The NY district is bound by the Brady CA2 ruling which clearly states that arbitrators have broad discretion regarding fundamental fairness and they also may choose to compel or exclude testimony as they please.

Basically Zeke's legal argument is "we know what you ruled last year about Brady, but this case is different because its worse..!!" I am not saying that such an arugment never wins, but it just isn't a strong one.

Hayseed

Reaction score
What a total crock. Sadly it comes as no surprise whatsoever. Just hope they can still pull this out somehow.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Man, this judge ain’t buying anything from Zeke’s defense.......sees no conspiracy......victim doesn’t have to testify.......she is acting like this is a big waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.