News: Zeke investigation complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Yeah if anything this is making the NFL look worse. This does nothing to help their image, if that's what they are concerned over.
Naw. Most non cowboys fan seem to be happy about this suspension. So its Us VS the rest of the NFL. The only thing that will change is if the organization and its fans take a stand.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
If this is true, they need to use it to rally the team and we'll beat peoples arses even worse.

Wouldn't that piss them off.
I think it will happen. Watch. As soon as Zeke gets suspended they will be saying how we won't win one game until he gets back. Saying that Dak needs him blah blah blah. Then watch Dak come in and take over the team more so then he did last year. I see Dak being the one who picks the team up and prove the naysayers wrong.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I agree with others on here. If Zeke had simply kept his nose clean...I think this goes away.

Yeah, we can spit, cuss, and blame the Goodell/Mara/Friel conspiracy (which I am starting to believe has some merit), but Zeke is to blame too.

I will blame EE when there is evidence that comes out that paints him in a negative light.

Yes, it can be circumstantial evidence. But, if it's circumstantial, there had better be a mountain of circumstantial evidence.

I will wait and see what happens.

I can't reconcile stating that somebody should keep their nose clean here at this point in time.

If you're wrongfully accused of beating your ex-gf...then you kept your nose clean and you are the victim of being wrongfully accused.

If you were at a bar and somebody decked somebody else and you were wrongfully accused of hitting somebody...then you are the victim of being wrongfully accused.

The other stuff...the St. Paddy's Day incident, getting a speeding ticket for going over 30 mph, etc...I could see it as 'not keeping your nose clean' if there were clear guidelines and punishment in the NFL. But we've seen so many players do these things and it go away unpunished.

And if they have no proof of the domestic violence and the bar punch and he still gets suspended, it really seems to be a petty vendetta against the Cowboys from the other owners. Those owners saw their stars get suspended and demand that a Cowboys star get suspended. But at this point in time, I don't see a comparison between EE and Roethlisberger or Brady.

YR

WhizKid

Reaction score
The other side of this coin, we get to see how Dak does without Zeke.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That is in a vacuum though. Couple that with:

a. Questionable/rookie secondary
b. Potentially no pass rush
c. Possible soph QB slump
d. More unforseen injuries

We have a recipe for a disaster of a season in the making but there is good news......with a bad enough record, we might draft that stud DE :flagwave:

I am not predicting this happening but ya never know :(
It goes with our history where we follow a good year with a bad one.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Generally where there's smoke there is fire..i was optimistic yesterday but several people are speculating 6 games and they probably didnt just make it up themselves.

They've been speculating that a decision was going to be made over SIX MONTHS AGO.

They keep speculating that this week will be the week it happens and it doesn't.

With the NFL media you start to realize where there's smoke...it's often times just their own hot air that they are trying to make the public believe is a blazing fire.

Hell, I still remember Lucky Whitehead being accused of shoplifting and me having a 'tin foil hat theory' that it was somebody else that used him as a fake name.

YR

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That is in a vacuum though. Couple that with:

a. Questionable/rookie secondary
b. Potentially no pass rush
c. Possible soph QB slump
d. More unforseen injuries

We have a recipe for a disaster of a season in the making but there is good news......with a bad enough record, we might draft that stud DE :flagwave:

I am not predicting this happening but ya never know :(

Still..

People predict doom and gloom for us every year based on 1 or 2 positions.. It never ends up mattering.

As long as we get good QB play and we have our OL we will be one of the better teams. We can get by with random pieces at the skill positions for stretches like this. We can't get by without good QB play and OL play.

aria

Reaction score
No matter what happens, even if it's BS, I hope this is a clear message that gets through Zeke's big head that he needs to tone it down.

Some people can make all the excuses they want for him but the dude has always been surrounded by a black cloud beginning in college. Not all, but most of it, brought upon by no one but himself.

The Natural

Reaction score
They've been speculating that a decision was going to be made over SIX MONTHS AGO.

They keep speculating that this week will be the week it happens and it doesn't.

With the NFL media you start to realize where there's smoke...it's often times just their own hot air that they are trying to make the public believe is a blazing fire.

Hell, I still remember Lucky Whitehead being accused of shoplifting and me having a 'tin foil hat theory' that it was somebody else that used him as a fake name.

YR
Yea thats cool and all but its pretty clear NOW that a final decision is imminent

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
In a year Dallas is expected to be able to make a SB run... the first 3rd of the season they got like 5 starter suspended... hopefully Dallas can be .500 when everyone is back. These suspensions are starting to put playoff hopes in jeopardy.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
A game or 2 we might be able to survive but not 6 games. Morris and McFadden aren't what they used to be. I have no confidence in them.

You think we're a 2-4 team without Zeke or something? Yeah right.

The NFL is all about what you get from your QB.

The drop off from Zeke to Morris will not hurt us if we get good QB play.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
In a year Dallas is expected to be able to make a SB run... the first 3rd of the season they got like 5 starter suspended... hopefully Dallas can be .500 when everyone is back. These suspensions are starting to put playoff hopes in jeopardy.
Well look on the brightside. We might get in as a wildcard team which might be good for us. We don't do good as a favorite. lol

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Jerry will sue the f out of the league if true. That's the league trying to affect the competitive balance of the league.

Yeah right. Jerry is full of hot air and won't do anything at all. He allows to league to screw us at any turn. That salary cap issue a few years ago. The Dez catch/no catch. Suh being suspended for the playoff game and then immediately over turned. As long as Jerry is raking in hundreds of millions, has his Johnny Walker Blue, his team is constantly on primetime and the talk of the league, he doesn't care about actual results on the field or our players getting suspended. That's been proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.