News: Zeke investigation complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I hate to say this but I don't see any way Zeke comes out this WITHOUT a negative public relation SCAR. Expect the league to empty his whole closet of dirty laundry to justify their punishment.

Yeah if anything this is making the NFL look worse. This does nothing to help their image, if thats what they are concerned over.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Listening to Undisputed, Cris Carter told Skip 2 weeks ago could be 6 to 10 games

lkelly

Reaction score
However this plays out, the Cowboys Nation "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" attitude is just precious. Maybe we can lobby to have Rod Marinelli wear an anti-Goodell t-shirt at the parade that is thrown following the inevitable loss to the Packers in the playoffs.

robjay04

Reaction score
That's what I read it as a fine and a suspension. I doubt he'd just get a fine after all this time. It's getting leaked to prepare us. This is happening folks.

So you're going to take 2 million dollars in game checks away and then fine him?

A judge would laugh at that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
dont shoot the messenger. Ridiculous. If true, this really changes the season.

It will hurt us but production from the RB position is not something I worry about too much.

Alfred Morris is a former Pro Bowler and he'll be behind the best line in football.

We'll be fine. I don't think we'll be pulling off wins like we did in Pittsburgh without Zeke but we're not going to get smoked by teams either.

There is too much parity in football for us to fall off completely if we go from Zeke to Morris.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
A suspension essentially is a fine.

You don't get paid for the games you are suspended for. A 6 game suspension may be a 2 million dollar fine..then you take more money on top of it? I don't see that as likely.
and just 8 hours ago, nobody in the entire USA thought 6 games was a possibility

now here we are

WhizKid

Reaction score
If it was for DV, since it happened before he was a Cowboy, he shouldn't be suspended, right? (i.e. Mixon). With that being said, if they did find something concrete that the police didn't find (unlikely), and Zeke is shown to actually be a woman beater, he should be suspended for possibly longer as should Joe Mixon. Given the competitive nature of the sport, the league should be consistent with their "moral" outrage.

But something tells me it has nothing to do with the DV case. If suspended, I think it is because of the speeding tickets, the bar thing, and whatever else Mara put together as his case. Goodell should also retire immediately.

Or he'll just be fined.

lkelly

Reaction score
A suspension essentially is a fine.

You don't get paid for the games you are suspended for. A 6 game suspension may be a 2 million dollar fine..then you take more money on top of it? I don't see that as likely.

Zeke makes about $1.6 million in base salary this season.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yeah if anything this is making the NFL look worse. This does nothing to help their image, if thats what they are concerned over.
Goodell doesn't care about his or the league's image. He lost all credibility after the Ray Rice incident. Should have been fired then. And now all the fans have to suffer because of it. I don't want to hear about the shield. He's done more to destroy it than any player.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
i am interested, as well, to see if anything happens to Joe Mixon. This guy was actually on tape recorded knocking a young woman out cold

evidence (that we know about) is all heresay against Zeke, and factual (texts) against Zeke's accuser

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
It will hurt us but production from the RB position is not something I worry about too much.

Alfred Morris is a former Pro Bowler and he'll be behind the best line in football.

We'll be fine. I don't think we'll be pulling off wins like we did in Pittsburgh without Zeke but we're not going to get smoked by teams either.

There is too much parity in football for us to fall off completely if we go from Zeke to Morris.
A game or 2 we might be able to survive but not 6 games. Morris and McFadden aren't what they used to be. I have no confidence in them.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

That is in a vacuum though. Couple that with:

a. Questionable/rookie secondary
b. Potentially no pass rush
c. Possible soph QB slump
d. More unforseen injuries

We have a recipe for a disaster of a season in the making but there is good news......with a bad enough record, we might draft that stud DE :flagwave:

I am not predicting this happening but ya never know :(

Status
Not open for further replies.