News: Zeke investigation complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You don't know that. But go ahead, negate away.

Ok, lets explore this a little bit with a simple question.........................

If you were to put the possibility of the Cowboys winning the SB into a percentage, what would you view that percentage to be? 50%, 10%? Just curious. We may actually be in agreement.

Sydla

Reaction score
I was in the camp that Jones would fight this. But if rumors are true that there is more here than the fans know, I might change that position.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
One would think that it would be obvious and wouldnt even need mentioning. But the way some posters talk around here, the defense will be much better and we are heading to the show.

You have no idea what this defense will be.

There is so many factors that go into a team making a Superbowl.

The Falcons defense was worse then ours last year. We were top 2 or 3 in points allowed and they were bottom of the league so it just doesn't matter.

You can't predict this league but to say this one particular team won't be winning the Superbowl is kind of the laziest prediction you can make.

I can say the Patriots won't win the Superbowl and I LOVE my odds.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
And more continues to go wrong in what one poster aptly named one of the worst off season we have had in a while. But at least it will be interesting to see what McChicken and Morris can do behind this line in this offense. I would rather not have it, but it least it will answer some questions in regards to what any decent RB could do behind this line.

The thing for me is that McFadden at least proved that we can have a running game with him, and it happened during a year when we did not have much of a passing game. We wouldn't have to abandon the run with him and Morris and put too much on Dak's shoulders.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, lets explore this a little bit with a simple question.........................

If you were to put the possibility of the Cowboys winning the SB into a percentage, what would you view that percentage to be? 50%, 10%? Just curious. We may actually be in agreement.

Right now we have a 3.125% chance, same as every other team.

jrumann59

Reaction score
There better be cold hard proof of zeke doing something, or this league needs to be sued.
except due to confidentiality the league will not disclose what evidence they have, just that they have evidence.

movaughn88

Reaction score
Jerry will be political about this in public "for the league". If he has input as to strategic appeals by Zeke, I bet his fingerprints will not be obvious. I am not convinced he will vocally oppose it any way.

Unfortunately I very much agree with this. The problem with being a member of a really rich old boys club like NFL owners, is that when you're one of the oldest and richest boys you can't speak out against the others in public. I hope to be surprised on this if the 6 games is true and there is no new evidence.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he's suspended for six games, I don't think it's going to have much to do with the domestic violence accusation. It will be something that they discovered while looking into this accusation.

That's what I keep waiting for in all this: something that actually justifies any suspension whatsoever coming out. Short of that, a suspension based on what's public so far would be unfair to Zeke and the Cowboys and ought to be something Jerry takes a principled stand against.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Might as well sell your TV then :)

I watch with a rational and realistic mindset. So I will either be par for the course or pleasantly surprised. As opposed to pissed off because they are worse then expected. This was going to be a touch year anyway with the schedule we have. But all these suspensions are completely out of control. They will hurt us.

canters

Reaction score
With the bizarre length of the "investigation", one could argue that this was to be expected and the "fix" was in. The NFL Is about protecting itself and its image.

Plus, the league just gave JJ a big wet kiss at Canton and polished his ego. He is the league in some ways. Get ready for JJ to emerge telling fans "we will be fine. Darren and Alfred would be starters on some teams."

CWR

Reaction score

Its a stupid question. You dont bet against the field. Vegas still has us as one of the favorites but that doesnt mean you bet against the field.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's what I keep waiting for in all this: something that actually justifies any suspension whatsoever coming out. Short of that, a suspension based on what's public so far would be unfair to Zeke and the Cowboys and ought to be something Jerry takes a principled stand against.

If the league is suspending guys for personal conduct, then they have to suspend Zeke. One infraction in itself is not a big deal, but the kid is in the news for an issue every other month it seems. In reality, Jerry should have disciplined him already and put a stop to it. But we all know that wont happen. So looks like the league may do it. And it might be the best thing for him.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score

I have a difficult time imaging that there would be anything that would warrant a lengthy suspension that wasn't already known.

gmoney112

Reaction score
I was in the camp that Jones would fight this. But if rumors are true that there is more here than the fans know, I might change that position.

The league has no burden of proof to fans. They can say whatever they want to justify it.

Meaning, I fully expect them to say something like that, but never actually provide any proof. If so, I'll just believe they're pretty much full of it, and doing more harm to Zekes reputation by letting people's imaginations go wild.

That would be such a cop out. "6 games, because uhh we totally found something. What was it? Hey, what's that over there?!" *smoke bomb* *falls over the podium, curses and runs out of the room*

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Its a stupid question. You dont bet against the field. Vegas still has us as one of the favorites but that doesnt mean you bet against the field.

Just trying to gauge your opinion. Never mind if you cant handle the conversation. Personally I would give it 10-15% chance?

Reactions: CWR
Status
Not open for further replies.