News: Zeke investigation complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Don't have to be convicted, but they need evidence showing guilt. That just gives a way to punish a player when their is a payoff or something to drop charges. Not when proof shows the "victim". Was lying.
Is there evidence that he was irresponsible or exhibited irresponsible behavior? Yes
This isn't only about DV

Sydla

Reaction score
mjIbzWQ.png

rmLQyd2.png

I have a headache.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
But it doesn't rise to 6 games. Maybe 1. Unless there is something we don't know. I've seen players get away with a lot worse and never get 6 games.
I don't like it at all. Could the panel be giving him one game for the boobs incident, one game for the fight where nobody is cooperating w da police, one game for the head shop, and three games for stuff prior to the NFL?

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Let's be real. For PR reasons, NFL would rather over-punish than fairly punish. They started this investigation with no intention of being fair and saw this as PR opportunity to come down hard on a big name player. They are coming off a season where they took a hit in the ratings and in the media and want recover as soon as possible. 1st step, proving to the social-media justice warriors that they tough on domestic violence.

Sucks for Zeke, but he shouldn't have put himself in this situation, and he'll learn. Not 1 person has anything negative to say about his personality other than needing to be more mature. Having said that it's sad that the concept of punishment fitting the crime has gone out the window. NFL personal conduct policy is pretty much just an angry mob with pitch-forks.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Haha... I get it. Perhaps I misused the word privilege or maybe not. I just think anytime someone gets paid millions of dollars to play a sport is a privilege. At least I would consider it a privilege if it were me. Then again, I also consider myself privileged to have my current job and I don't play a sport for a living.

Either way, some jobs have higher standards than others and the NFL is one of them. It boggles my mind that a lot these guys are making so much more than the average person for playing a game they love and they just can't stay out of the limelight for whatever reason. It also seems more prevalent in fooball than any other sport.
I don't think you misused the word its just one of those sayings that when you think about it make no sense. If working was a right there would never be any unemployed people. Like I said previously people say that normally because they wish they were getting paid like the person they are speaking on. If Zeke worked at best buy you and most others wouldn't bring up this "privilege" y'all speak on and that's why I don't do it. If you do that's okay because we are different people at the end of the day.

I don't think the nfl has higher standards. This isn't a religious or politicians job. Its all about money and when you make more esp in entertainment where most think they could've done your job some do the higher standard thing. I look at it like any other job just they get paid more and are known. That's why they can't stay out of the limelight if you think about it. If me or you punch a guy is it going up on tv and have various people talking about it? I'm not saying that's the type of people we are just saying how some can't stay out of the spotlight. Now I can agree they might need to switch things up to avoid problems but rich, poor, or otherwise people still just want to be "normal"

Again I just want to state however you do your business is okay with me just a convo here. Some on this site take things too seriously and think I'm coming at them when its just difference of opinions on something. Thanks for the response.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
I don't think he's getting suspended over the DV situation.

Actually that's exactly what he's potentially being suspend for. In fact sounds like the other stuff (speeding ticket, bar fight, girls top) isn't being considered.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I don't think he's getting suspended over the DV situation.
Then I don't see how it can be 6 games. What else has he done that we don't know? I find it hard to believe there could be something that big that wasn't leaked by now.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
I love how a guilty verdict from the courts is binding as far as \nfl discipline goes but a not guilty verdict from the courts is not.

Basically, if the courts say you are bad then we believe them but if the courts say you did nothing wrong then we don't believe them.

Says it all really. Incredulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.