News: Zeke investigation complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

robjay04

Reaction score
The perception is that he was suspended for deflating footballs. Perception becomes reality for the media.

YR

I don't disagree but you can't let perception outweigh the facts.

Zeke hasn't even been charged with anything. The DJ didn't talk, there are no videos or legitimate witnesses tying him to the event. The DV accusation once again didn't have enough meat to press charges. The only evidence, that we know of, shows that the accuser was trying to get her friends to lie to police.

The only "proof" that Zeke is guilty of anything is exposing a girls breast, where once again, she is not playing the victim card. The only thing the league has is violating the personal conduct policy...good luck defending your perceived moral code in a court of law. This is probably why Zeke's father recently tweeted that they are excited for the fight.

Brady was suspended for destroying evidence---if what Carter says is true and this is a similar case then that changes everything.

Reactions: CWR

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Bob Pappa and Tucker on Sirius NFL are just giddy with excitement this morning at the thought that Zeke will miss the Giants game. DBs

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
If the league suspends him... I am done with the NFL.
latest

Reactions: CWR

Sydla

Reaction score
A Zeke suspension was evident when Jerry clearly pointed out the league investigation involved numerous incidents, not only the domestic violence case. That changed the game....

But then later Jones has been saying there would be no suspension.

aria

Reaction score
If he did get suspended, the first 6 games would be the best IMO. The schedule gets significantly harder after that. We can easily beat the Rams and 49'ers without him and have a decent shot at beating the Broncos and Cardinals without him as well. The only two we could lose, Giants and Packers, could go either way regardless.

Carson

Reaction score
If he did get suspended, the first 6 games would be the best IMO. The schedule gets significantly harder after that. We can easily beat the Rams and 49'ers without him and have a decent shot at beating the Broncos and Cardinals without him as well. The only two we could lose, Giants and Packers, could go either way regardless.

We very well could start the season 1-5 or 2-4 without Zeke

John813

Reaction score
Well, if there is a suspension, definitely will tune into the first press conference/talk show with Jerry.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
So, Odell Beckham tries to kill a man on the football field and gets one game.

He and all of his Giants teammates are videoed on a yacht where people are doing drugs, and no investigation into that-nothing happens.

Josh Brown beats his wife for years and gets one game.

But Ezekiel Elliott is going to be suspended 6 games because of conduct detrimental to the league? If I were Jerry I would literally bad mouth the league in every interview I gave.

Zordon

Reaction score
We are not a perfect organization, but we deserve a little more respect from a league that depends on us for TV ratings. Maybe it's time we take our business elsewhere if we're going to get continually screwed by this pos New York-centric league. It started with the cap space issue a few years ago that hurt our ability to surround Romo with talent for a few years, then "the catch", then the timing and harshness of the Gregory suspension last year, now we have Lisa Friel doing Mara's dirty work to make sure the Cowboys start slow in the division. They continually do little things to minimize the window of opportunity for this franchise. If our focus is truly all about winning a Super Bowl now according to post-HOF Jerry, I expect our fearless leader to bring hell down on Goodell. Enough of the nice guy act, it's getting us nowhere.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I really want to see the nfl sell this suspension. 6 games vs the 1 game for a dude who beat his wife for years and the nfl knew about it lmao.

I actually think they're more worried about the optics than anything else including "justice" or "league image". They've butt-fumbled this thing and IMO are ONLY concerned about how this ruling will look in relation to Josh Brown's suspension and Tom Brady's suspension. Sad

Sydla

Reaction score
At the very least, there is one small potential benefit here............ maybe Elliott will wake the hell up and start acting like a grown up and make better decisions.

It's quite a blow to the TEAM if he misses 6 games for his actions.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
i really think it's going to be 6, seeing TONS of chatter about 6 on social media

smoke --> fire

hope i'm wrong

Sydla

Reaction score
i really think it's going to be 6, seeing TONS of chatter about 6 on social media

smoke --> fire

hope i'm wrong

6 would be insane but I have come to always expect the worse with the Cowboys - injuries, suspensions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.