Zeke is garbage time Zeke

John813

Reaction score
Zeke has done nothing Pollard and a FA RB couldn’t have done. You should never pay that much money for a RB and if you do they sure as hell better be a difference maker in every game.

Predictably, Zeke hasn’t done that and although he may show up in a game here and there he isn’t worth the money. Jerry was drinking his own Kool Aid and caved like the fool he is.

Problem with Jerry is that he caves causes he's deluded in thinking every year could be the year.

He did it with Dez and now Zeke.
And it doesn't help they give new contracts to guys who only have 1 good year. Looking at Crawford and maybe Smith the way this year is shaping up.

aikemirv

Reaction score
It was blatant stat padding. If you didn't watch the game, you might think Zeke played well. What the stats don't show you is how he played when the game was actually competitive.

These are Zekes stats/runs before the end of the half stat padding:

2,12,12,6,0,3,17,2,5 that's 9-59 for all you idiots out there who want to blame Zeke!

And by the way he carried the 300 lbs lineman from the 4 into the endzone!

jblaze2004

Reaction score
To me zeke is playing like he is trying not to hurt himself for a new contract

Btw did dlaw do anything last night? Taco might end up with better stats than dlaw while playing 2 games less.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

2,12,12,6,0,3,17,2,5 that's 9-59 for all you idiots out there who want to blame Zeke!

Oh well, that just changes a whole bunch of opinions. Zeke is now earning that big contract. lol

jrumann59

Reaction score
I don’t think you watched the game.

His first 2 carries were both for 12 yards, his best run of the night was called back for holding. We never committed to the run because of the score. He also had probably the most clutch catch of the day to keep us in the game.

The story of yesterday offensively was sloppy football and lack of execution. Blaming a guy just because he makes a lot of money is bogus.
Offense looks like the offense when Dallas had Felix and MB3, sling it around and run sometimes.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He had 12 carries and there weren't these "part the red sea" holes everyone claims. They gave up on the run because Green Bay put the game away quickly and early.
He's underachieved as the run blocking has as well, but this isn't really a fair example of that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

I can't think of a single run where there was any daylight.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I can't stand Zeke the person but he is a great player. The number of touches he has gotten the last 2 weeks is criminal. The game plan this week should have been to pound that GB front 7. Their secondary and pass rush is all they have and Dallas chooses to attack the strength. Mindblowingly stupid.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I can't stand Zeke the person but he is a great player. The number of touches he has gotten the last 2 weeks is criminal. The game plan this week should have been to pound that GB front 7. Their secondary and pass rush is all they have and Dallas chooses to attack the strength. Mindblowingly stupid.
I think that was going to be the gameplan. The Amari drop and subsequent 2 possesions took them out of that plan. Zeke and Pollard would have combined for 250 if the Cowboys had played some defense.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He knew he was a half step slower so he held out, brilliant move by him, stupid move by Jerry No one can dispute he does not have the burst he had as a rookie That said, he can be a Emmitt kind of runner who will get you 10-15 yds. Being a above average RB for his career, IF HE WANTS TOO.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I think that was going to be the gameplan. The Amari drop and subsequent 2 possesions took them out of that plan. Zeke and Pollard would have combined for 250 if the Cowboys had played some defense.

Not sure I agree with you. They came out throwing. Even at 14-0 they abandoned the run. They went empty backfield waaaayyyyyy too much.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Keep in mind he hasn’t played a run defense any better than 20th and most defenses have been in the bottom 12 overall (exception being Packers who were top 10 overall but 26th against the run).

But our brilliant coaching staff wanted to come out slinging the ball around instead of using Zeke and Pollard early on. The interceptions occurred and totally abandoned the run. This staff does not do a good job of mixing up the run/pass when playing good teams

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Zeke’s performance this year can be equated to that of DLaw. They both got paid and now they are not performing. Look at the last two weeks Zeke’s yardage in both games came at the end of the first half as the defenses were playing pass, Zeke accumulated most of his meager yards. Shameful, he is nowhere near the best runner in the league. He may not be the best runner in the team. What is it with the Cowboys. As soon as they pay up the players check out and mail in their performances. DLaw and Zeke should repay the Joneses. They need another boat..
the Cabo ewok !! greatest RB ever!! so jerry paid him like he is the best! It is a done deal so get used to it, for 5-7 more years lol.
Plus jerry thought their SB runs were about to start! so he had to pay these guys for the SB runs.
I wonder what jerrys thoughts are this morning ?
Also I wonder if when he thinks to himself , is it in that same incoherent style as when he speaks verbally ??
If so then that explains many things lol.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Zeke’s performance this year can be equated to that of DLaw. They both got paid and now they are not performing. Look at the last two weeks Zeke’s yardage in both games came at the end of the first half as the defenses were playing pass, Zeke accumulated most of his meager yards. Shameful, he is nowhere near the best runner in the league. He may not be the best runner in the team. What is it with the Cowboys. As soon as they pay up the players check out and mail in their performances. DLaw and Zeke should repay the Joneses. They need another boat..

Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey, Tony Pollard, Saquon Barkley. Just a few backs I would take over Zeke today.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
He was running well but once we got so far down we had to pass to get back in the game. The Cowboys should have used the Saints Game plan yesterday.
ROFL... you have got to be kidding... that would mean that red headed dingleberry admitting his great vision of the cowboys is as much a crap show as we all know it is... neva gone happen.

Pokes12

Reaction score
This game was lost when Cooper failed to catch the off target but catchable pass on the Cowboys first possession. That is a fragile team to say the least. Our stars, Zeke and DLaw did not show up for the same reasons, no preparation in the summer, late surgeries, trips to Cabo, Jerry just keeps paying the wrong players. DLAW one tackle, no sacks in 47 plays yesterday. That is worth $90 mill???

Can you name the wide receivers for the Pack after yesterday's game. Don't look it up and just tell me.

We lost to a team that was banged up badly and was further banged up during the game. These 2nd and 3rd stringers took it to the Cowboys. Rodgers did not even break a sweat.

And lastly, the Red Clapper is a joke. Why does he wear the headset, to listen? cause he never talks to anyone. He calls no plays. Other than spit and play with his belt what the heck does he do?

Lots of issues in this post and none of them good.