Zeke is garbage time Zeke

Batman1980

Reaction score
This game was lost when Cooper failed to catch the off target but catchable pass on the Cowboys first possession. That is a fragile team to say the least. Our stars, Zeke and DLaw did not show up for the same reasons, no preparation in the summer, late surgeries, trips to Cabo, Jerry just keeps paying the wrong players. DLAW one tackle, no sacks in 47 plays yesterday. That is worth $90 mill???

Can you name the wide receivers for the Pack after yesterday's game. Don't look it up and just tell me.

We lost to a team that was banged up badly and was further banged up during the game. These 2nd and 3rd stringers took it to the Cowboys. Rodgers did not even break a sweat.

And lastly, the Red Clapper is a joke. Why does he wear the headset, to listen? cause he never talks to anyone. He calls no plays. Other than spit and play with his belt what the heck does he do?

Lots of issues in this post and none of them good.

Geronino Allison and Marquez Valdez-Scantling but then again I'm a fantasy football player so I know more player names than I probably should.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Oh. How the 90million supporters in here have given me a good laugh today. Thanks, needed it.

Not worth 90 million. Never was. No RB is.

$90 million is a sum that should be reserved only for franchise altering players, like quarterbacks and nose tackles that anchor a defense. Not crybaby runningbacks that haven't performed in 3 years and run off to Cabo to have a hissy fit while everyone else is getting ready for the season.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
$90 million is a sum that should be reserved only for franchise altering players, like quarterbacks and nose tackles that anchor a defense. Not crybaby runningbacks that haven't performed in 3 years and run off to Cabo to have a hissy fit while everyone else is getting ready for the season.

And then you have the media and 90million supporters here hoping he gets signed because after all, he is the "best" player on the team and the offense goes through him. BS. He is basically a decoy for defenses.

But, heck , in here, you'd think the sky was falling IF Dallas didn't have 90million in the line up this season. More BS. I would've been perfectly fine with Pollard and Smith in the backfield.

And I wonder if all the players in that locker room are just giddy with the way it played out. RB holds a team basically hostage in some folks eyes, doesn't report to TC, gets paid. Now, look at him. LOL..

Dallas FO shouldn't of caved. 90 million should've been fined and be sitting if he wouldn't honor his contract and play this season. But, no Dallas got scared. And, look at what Dallas' return is on the investment? Nothing.

Same with Tank, or Missing Boy as I call him. Another waste of money. For the money they spent on these two, Dallas could've solidified there defense better for one. Maybe found a damn LG to.

glimmerman

Reaction score
On that second interception, Dak saw a double-covered Cobb being molested downfield and thought to throw the ball in that direction would call attention to the PI. That's not how it worked out. The refs ignored Cobb being molested and let the play continue which was the interception.
I thought that was his last int. Which I agree by the way. He threw that thinking he would get the call. When Elliot is sitting there wide open and your receiver is doubled it’s a head scratcher. It was in scoring position and Elliot would have gotten more yards then Gallup if he made the catch. Heck the play looked designed for the flat. Dak got greedy again. They came in over confident IMO. Which after last week I don’t see how. This should humble them. They are lucky they aren’t going to play the egirls this week. And I don’t think the jets game is a gimme after this weeks performance...

Batman1980

Reaction score
And then you have the media and 90million supporters here hoping he gets signed because after all, he is the "best" player on the team and the offense goes through him. BS. He is basically a decoy for defenses.

But, heck , in here, you'd think the sky was falling IF Dallas didn't have 90million in the line up this season. More BS. I would've been perfectly fine with Pollard and Smith in the backfield.

And I wonder if all the players in that locker room are just giddy with the way it played out. RB holds a team basically hostage in some folks eyes, doesn't report to TC, gets paid. Now, look at him. LOL..

Dallas FO shouldn't of caved. 90 million should've been fined and be sitting if he wouldn't honor his contract and play this season. But, no Dallas got scared. And, look at what Dallas' return is on the investment? Nothing.

Same with Tank, or Missing Boy as I call him. Another waste of money. For the money they spent on these two, Dallas could've solidified there defense better for one. Maybe found a damn LG to.

I think depth on the line is more important than replacing Connor Williams. Every time Tyron Smith goes out, our offense goes to hell, was hoping that wouldn't be the case this year with Fredbeard back. At least they put up almost 600 yards but somehow only 24 points.

Cmac

Reaction score
Unbelievable about Zeke again.....yet the QB has hijacked your eyeballs for awhile now......Unbelievable!!!! .

khiladi

Reaction score
Zeke’s market was where Gurley is and Gurley hardly touches the rock..

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think depth on the line is more important than replacing Connor Williams. Every time Tyron Smith goes out, our offense goes to hell, was hoping that wouldn't be the case this year with Fredbeard back. At least they put up almost 600 yards but somehow only 24 points.
A few non calls or bad ones and again a few mistakes away from what could have been a unreal come back. Dak made 2 mistakes. And down by 17 they may have abandoned the run to quickly.

Batman1980

Reaction score
A few non calls or bad ones and again a few mistakes away from what could have been a unreal come back. Dak made 2 mistakes. And down by 17 they may have abandoned the run to quickly.

More than 10 points for any offense means you need to get going so I can understand abandoning the run down 31-3.

Cmac

Reaction score
Zeke is "got paid" Zeke. This is what happens when a professional athlete that strives to "make it" finally reaches his personal pinnacle of success, which isn't achieving championships, it's getting paid. Not all athletes are like that but it's clear that prospective is commonplace with the Cowboys.
Be careful.....that's a lot to go around for many on this team.......MANY. including the one returning from the booth.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don’t think you watched the game.

His first 2 carries were both for 12 yards, his best run of the night was called back for holding. We never committed to the run because of the score. He also had probably the most clutch catch of the day to keep us in the game.

The story of yesterday offensively was sloppy football and lack of execution. Blaming a guy just because he makes a lot of money is bogus.

Yes, he had 12 carries. 12! After the Pack got the turnover to go up 7-0 they should have pounded Zeke time and again and settled the team down.

But no Dak was chunking 30 yard passes, which is not his strength, stupid play calling...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke’s performance this year can be equated to that of DLaw. They both got paid and now they are not performing. Look at the last two weeks Zeke’s yardage in both games came at the end of the first half as the defenses were playing pass, Zeke accumulated most of his meager yards. Shameful, he is nowhere near the best runner in the league. He may not be the best runner in the team. What is it with the Cowboys. As soon as they pay up the players check out and mail in their performances. DLaw and Zeke should repay the Joneses. They need another boat..

Trade him in the offseason if anyone will give us anything.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke’s performance this year can be equated to that of DLaw. They both got paid and now they are not performing. Look at the last two weeks Zeke’s yardage in both games came at the end of the first half as the defenses were playing pass, Zeke accumulated most of his meager yards. Shameful, he is nowhere near the best runner in the league. He may not be the best runner in the team. What is it with the Cowboys. As soon as they pay up the players check out and mail in their performances. DLaw and Zeke should repay the Joneses. They need another boat..

LOL....Zeke is now a bum so is D-Law might as well cut them and move on I guess.....:omg:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke had 50 yards on 6 carries the first three times we had the ball. Two of those drives ended with interceptions.

He had 6 more carries the rest of the game.

He makes no big plays. Cant pound him the ball either.

Batman1980

Reaction score
He makes no big plays. Cant pound him the ball either.

He pounded it in pretty good on that touchdown. Also made a big play in the passing game against double coverage. Still wouldn't have paid him. Would've made him play out this year or rot in Cabo and then moved on next year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He pounded it in pretty good on that touchdown. Also made a big play in the passing game against double coverage. Still wouldn't have paid him. Would've made him play out this year or rot in Cabo and then moved on next year.

Actually, you are right. He actually made one big play on the catch. It happens so rarely, you forget. And certainly 25 yards represents a monster play for him.

The point is that he cant be relied upon. Games we pound him, we lose.

Cant game plan around him because all he really does is gain 4 yards a pop and not much else.

Did you watch the diversity and big play ability of Aaron Jones? Bouncing to the outside, scoring TDs?

Froski

Reaction score
But I’ve told that’s why he’s the best, he gets those “dirty yards”. No one wants a guy like Barkley who is faster and makes people miss.

Zeke is “durable” because he hasn’t been injured but has clearly slowed down :rolleyes:

Feel like you're referring to what i said. Albeit passive aggressively. Literally no one said they wouldn't take Barkley lol. In our style of offense, or what it use to be rather, revolved around the zeke. And nearly running him into the ground year after year. So the way he runs is serviceable but he CAN do more and we are not seeing it at the moment. And that will be an issue if it continues. We'd imagine that he would look more like marshawn and not a 30+ year old frank gore.

And everyone can tell hes slower despite what anyone or Zeke says.