Zeke is looking scary good

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
A minimal factor. Mostly dump offs. Not running routes down the field. The RB being a big part of the passing game is a lot like the two TE sets. They talk about it all the time but it never happens.

Zeke has no quarterback, no receivers and no tight end. To think that won't have a negative impact on the running game is just foolish. Of course it will. He'll still get his numbers but he won't be MVP dominant because of the lack of talent on offense. Every defensive coordinator on the schedule will be selling out to take him out of the game.
Surely if every DC is 'selling out to take him out of the game' then we will have success in the passing game ? Kind of arguing with yourself there.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Thats a decent point but its only made from unknowns. We DONT know how well the WRs or TEs will be. You're assuming based on what they haven't done and or draft status. Again, viable point but let's look at the good. Dak crushed his rookie season with an aged Witten and a gimpy Bryant. Lets just wait and see. Its an exciting prospect to say the least. New team.... GO COWBOYS!
Please don’t say Go Cowboys around him. He is a very serious fan and will stand for no nonsense.

His main job is to evaluate the team’s deficiencies. Please don’t disrupt that. It’s an important task.

Hadenough

Reaction score
A minimal factor. Mostly dump offs. Not running routes down the field. The RB being a big part of the passing game is a lot like the two TE sets. They talk about it all the time but it never happens.

Zeke has no quarterback, no receivers and no tight end. To think that won't have a negative impact on the running game is just foolish. Of course it will. He'll still get his numbers but he won't be MVP dominant because of the lack of talent on offense. Every defensive coordinator on the schedule will be selling out to take him out of the game.
LMAO I just spit my coffee out! You nailed it!! They always talk about crap that never happens. Remember when they drafted Escobar and said they wanted to use him in the redzone. Dude never had a chance! Remember how they were touting how Beasley was uncoverable last year in training camp and didnt do jack in the regular season. Listening to anything coming out of training camp is just complete BS its bluffing just like poker. A zebra never changes its colors and Garrett has never been one to mix things up and keep teams off balance. What makes people think its going to be any different this year!

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He doesn’t have to go away. He is free to be wrong as much as he wants to be.
As I am free to tell him to go away. Why do people like you get to say one guys opinion shouldn't be shut down while you shoot down someone elses?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He has to be in a better place mentally than he was 12 months ago. The suspension thing was hanging over his head all season until the hammer fell, then he had to come back in December after not playing for 6 weeks. People citing other "reasons" last year are overlooking the obvious.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thats a decent point but its only made from unknowns. We DONT know how well the WRs or TEs will be. You're assuming based on what they haven't done and or draft status. Again, viable point but let's look at the good. Dak crushed his rookie season with an aged Witten and a gimpy Bryant. Lets just wait and see. Its an exciting prospect to say the least. New team.... GO COWBOYS!

We are the only team in the league that builds on hope and wishful thinking. Its not like we have a stud first or second round pick with a high ceiling playing TE or WR. I know it all looks good in training camp, but Risen Star is absolutely correct in his assessment that defenses will be selling out to stop the run. We are going to be facing loaded boxes clogging the middle of the field. None of our current crop of TE's can block. So, its going to be 5 blocking 8 up front. ...........until Dak establishes a credible passing game and hits some passes down field and to the sidelines. It can be done but we have a real stubborn head coach whose offense is not known for its innovation or adaptability.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Surely if every DC is 'selling out to take him out of the game' then we will have success in the passing game ? Kind of arguing with yourself there.

Like last year? Dak didn't break 200 yards passing in 6 of his final 8 games. The finale in philly against their 2nd string defense was just the icing on the cake.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roundabout way of attacking our QB... Can't help yourself, can ya?
Heard all the same when Romo started and for several years after that

No comparison. Romo was never doubted as a passer. His issues in the 2007-2011 were OL protection, stale offensive scheme, and some questionable decisions. Then came the injury problems. But nobody ever questioned his ability to sling the ball around the field or his accuracy.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CORRECT......if there playing the run and we can't GUT them out with our passing game Zeke is in for a lot of abuse and anguish.....
Where does anyone
No comparison. Romo was never doubted as a passer. His issues in the 2007-2011 were OL protection, stale offensive scheme, and some questionable decisions. Then came the injury problems. But nobody ever questioned his ability to sling the ball around the field or his accuracy.
I was not blasting Romo at all. we sure did have the same split of fans though. Half saying he is not clutch, always throws that crucial int at the most inopertune time, can't win a game when it matters yada yada yada then there were those of us who have our reasons to defend him. Oh it was bad regardless of what anyone said about oline, coaching, scheme etc....
It is the same thing here. I mean we all know Risen hates on Dak and 99% of the other posters here who do. What I don't understand is why do they feel the need to keep posting the same ol same ol hate on him. Ok you think Dak has problems good for you but unless you are coaching the Cowboys or somebody in a position of power in that organization, you are frankly wasting your breath, besides some of us want to enjoy the game. Can't change anything

kskboys

Reaction score
LMAO I just spit my coffee out! You nailed it!! They always talk about crap that never happens. Remember when they drafted Escobar and said they wanted to use him in the redzone. Dude never had a chance! Remember how they were touting how Beasley was uncoverable last year in training camp and didnt do jack in the regular season. Listening to anything coming out of training camp is just complete BS its bluffing just like poker. A zebra never changes its colors and Garrett has never been one to mix things up and keep teams off balance. What makes people think its going to be any different this year!
Yup, he didn't. Escobar lacks NFL talent, so he definitely never had a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Where does anyone

I was not blasting Romo at all. we sure did have the same split of fans though. Half saying he is not clutch, always throws that crucial int at the most inopertune time, can't win a game when it matters yada yada yada then there were those of us who have our reasons to defend him. Oh it was bad regardless of what anyone said about oline, coaching, scheme etc....
It is the same thing here. I mean we all know Risen hates on Dak and 99% of the other posters here who do. What I don't understand is why do they feel the need to keep posting the same ol same ol hate on him. Ok you think Dak has problems good for you but unless you are coaching the Cowboys or somebody in a position of power in that organization, you are frankly wasting your breath, besides some of us want to enjoy the game. Can't change anything

With that kind of logic we might as well stop debating and shutter the board. None of us effect anything........... even pom pom brigade.