Zeke is looking scary good

InTheZone

Reaction score
We're going to see if Zeke is a "generational talent" or if 2016 was just a product of good talent around him. AD (a generational talent) was able to get 2K with Christian Ponder and that horrible passing attack. Zeke needs to hit some home runs against stacked boxes.
Loved those days of people wanting all those scrub QBs to be drafted to replace romo

InTheZone

Reaction score
With that kind of logic we might as well stop debating and shutter the board. None of us effect anything........... even pom pom brigade.
If you don't think highly of individuals on the team and have positive comments you're a hater, nothing in-between....and it's "affect".../s

InTheZone

Reaction score
CORRECT......if there playing the run and we can't GUT them out with our passing game Zeke is in for a lot of abuse and anguish.....
Dez had a great year when Murray was lighting it up. I expect the same this year from our offense, no petty excuses for why the pass game struggled...if it does

InTheZone

Reaction score
We're going to see if Zeke is a "generational talent" or if 2016 was just a product of good talent around him. AD (a generational talent) was able to get 2K with Christian Ponder and that horrible passing attack. Zeke needs to hit some home runs against stacked boxes.
If he wasn't suspended he would've led the league in rushing two years straight. You don't do that in today's game being maybe good.

cern

Reaction score
change has been mandated by stephen. on both sides of the ball. if no change is made on offense, likely linehan won't see the end of the season. same for Marinelli. garrett's on the hot seat. he knows it and will ensure change is forthcoming.

IheartRomo

Reaction score

I already don't think there's any question at all that he's a generational talent. He's as good as they come in this league.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He came out of college as one of the best pass receiving RBs in years and they underutilized him when half of those passes to the TE should have been going to the RB that could make something happen.

Zeke is the fulcrum of this team, as he goes, so goes the offense and he will see more stacked boxes this season than any before because every DC will come with the same strategy, put it all on the QB and a questionable receiving corps.

And that's not all bad news, Murray got some of his best long runs when they were set to stop him. Zeke gets into that secondary and he's as good as it gets in the NFL right now. But it takes an OC with an adherence to the pregame strategy and not letting the DC make him blink. And that is the #1 unknown for me this season. It takes creativity to get the ball in the hands of those that can do the most damage.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Last year was definitely hard on him. The lingering suspension killed the season for him. Watching his demeanor and how he was on all or nothing you can see how it took a toll on him. Week to week not knowing. This year is a big year for him and dak. He’s gonna have mvp type numbers.

Batman1980

Reaction score
You mean the best back in the 2016 draft that we took to build an offense around looks better? I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you!

bandfan

Reaction score
He has to be in a better place mentally than he was 12 months ago. The suspension thing was hanging over his head all season until the hammer fell, then he had to come back in December after not playing for 6 weeks. People citing other "reasons" last year are overlooking the obvious.
I don't understand why people can't see that considering all of the circumstances and such from last year he had an absolutely brilliant season....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Zeke comes back this year with a chip on his shoulder after a 1.5 years of battling with the NFL. I also understand that for him to reach the level much will fall to Dak and the passing game. Unlike some I think Dak will step up and get the job done.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Surely if every DC is 'selling out to take him out of the game' then we will have success in the passing game ? Kind of arguing with yourself there.

Teams will defend us like that always do..

Either play us soft and wait for us to stop ourselves by making some bonheaded mistake or they will press the WRs that Garrett has running 25 yard routes and then send the house at the QB who is waiting for his WR to come open.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I think Zeke comes back this year with a chip on his shoulder after a 1.5 years of battling with the NFL. I also understand that for him to reach the level much will fall to Dak and the passing game. Unlike some I think Dak will step up and get the job done.

Love to see, first play of the season. Play-action to Zeke that freezes the safety in the middle of the field and then Gallup catches it in stride on his way in for a 75 yard TD as the Panthers sit there completely stunned.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Love to see, first play of the season. Play-action to Zeke that freezes the safety in the middle of the field and then Gallup catches it in stride on his way in for a 75 yard TD as the Panthers sit there completely stunned.

Would love to see that as well but I know a season is never 1 play or 1 game. What I expect from Dak is to make his reads and execute the plays, what I don't want to see his him forcing passes

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Hard to get too excited about RBs. Hope he has a good year, even if he does, I just don't think it's going to do much for us.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
If he wasn't suspended he would've led the league in rushing two years straight. You don't do that in today's game being maybe good.
Well, Joseph Randle could have led the league in rushing if we kept handing him the ball off in 2015, too. But he got cut when he was averaging what Zeke produced in 2017. And Randle had Weeden and Twill scaring opposing defenses.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He averaged 100 per game last season. He had 1,000 yards and missed 6 games. He dealt with the suspension investigation all off season and into the regular season. The idea that some fans suggest he was fat and lazy last season is beyond idiotic.