Zeke is third overall in rushing

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Still not worth the 4th pick IMO.

He's a fine player but I think there was more value in that pick than taking a RB when we had numerous holes on defense. Even a trade would have been a better move IMO.

So I'm guessing you either wanted Ramsey or trade up?

RS12

Reaction score
About what I expected considering the investment. They made sure to feed him the ball heavily last night. I believe he will become more integrated into the passing game as the season continues.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm with you but it's still early and he can still prove us wrong.

Being a top guy statistically in rushing is just something almost anyone could do in our backfield.

I'm expecting Ladanian Thomlinson / Edgerrin James type of special from him.

He was drafted top 5 and getting shoe string tackled over and over and just get what is blocked is not what we signed up for.

He got shoe string tackled?

plasticman

Reaction score

Being a top guy statistically in rushing is just something almost anyone could do in our backfield.

He was drafted top 5 and getting shoe string tackled over and over and just get what is blocked is not what we signed up for.
lmao....YEAH...like Randle for instance.

Zeke is a player that makes the defense better...much much better. Imagine that defense on the field about 50% more. A defensive rookie would make a better impact?

I dont think so. Furthermore, 2015 happened because they thought "any" RB could be successful.

Remember the play last night where the defender drove Collins to the ground only.to be neutralized by Zeke? A play like that saves your quarterback's season. Romo wishes he had that guy last year.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
He got torched over and over by Rivers last week, and this game he talked trash to Steve Smith who then caught eight balls. He has been very unimpressive IMO.
I didn't watch the game.

But did he give up 8 catches to Smith himself? Did you go to nfl.com and look up his stats and determine that?

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
We played an awful team and we had no pulse at QB last year.

Chicago went into the game as the ninth overall rush D and Zeke, a rook in his third game, ripped them for 140 yards. And your argument is essentially, "eh, he didn't look good to me."

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
I didn't watch the game.

But did he give up 8 catches to Smith himself? Did you go to nfl.com and look up his stats and determine that?

I didn't say that. But I've given you some examples of why I've been unimpressed. Care to provide some counter-examples?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
lmao....YEAH...like Randle for instance.

Zeke is a player that makes the defense better...much much better. Imagine that defense on the field about 50% more. A defensive rookie would make a better impact?

I dont think so. Furthermore, 2015 happened because they thought "any" RB could be successful.

Remember the play last night where the defender drove Collins to the ground only.to be neutralized by Zeke? A play like that saves your quarterback's season. Romo wishes he had that guy last year.

Randle ripped apart the Falcons and he actually made some big plays in his short tenure.

Zeke is just getting what is blocked.

I want homeruns.. Special plays.

superonyx

Reaction score

Make sure you ignore the biggest impact any running back can have on your game......
Forcing the defenses to send extra men and keep men home to stop the back while opening the field for your QB to shine.

Zeke has helped Dak more than some are comfortable admitting.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Oh be quiet. McFadden only had one 130+ yard game last season, and we were missing our LT. You are really coming across has ridiculous.
Bad morning? Dude cool your jets. You put it out there and he's just giving his opinion.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Zeke is getting better each week.

I am still concerned that I see no burst or 2nd gear if you will. He seems to get tackled by one guy in open space pretty easily. He doesn't seem to have that really special quality.

But its only his third game and he didn't play basically in the preseason so he is going to keep getting better.

I have to say though I am not a fan of giving him 30 carries. I think morris should have been in during that 4th quarter, he seems like a more powerful runner and a harder guy to tackle. Would have been nice to spare zeke the pounding and make the bears tackle morris. However I think they are breaking him in so to say because he didn't really play in the summer.

Its going to be fun watching him grow.

I also loved that when dak was down and the bears players wouldn't get off him, zeke ran over and started pulling guys off ( which is supposed to be a penalty) that is good to see.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I didn't say that. But I've given you some examples of why I've been unimpressed. Care to provide some counter-examples?

You are unimpressed because Smith had 8 catches, yet, you have no idea how many, if any, Ramsey was responsible for.

Gotcha. Helluva an example.

I don't need to post any counter claims. I am not claiming he has looked good or bad. I haven't paid attention close enough to form an opinion.

Though, that doesn't stop some, evidently.