Zeke is third overall in rushing

Proof

Reaction score
Still not worth the 4th pick IMO.

He's a fine player but I think there was more value in that pick than taking a RB when we had numerous holes on defense. Even a trade would have been a better move IMO.

I agree ....but it's over and done with so accept it for what is. Tied for 2nd in rushing while being fairly underwhelming (by expectations). We're 2-1, moving the ball well and he's gotten better every game.

Cheer up sunshine

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
McFadden could've done just as well last night.

Not impressed.

The production is really good.. It doesn't take a top 5 pick to get good production. We need special for that investment.

Not sure. Some of the runs Elliott made last night took a different skill set than McFadden has. That's not to say, though, that there might not have been some runs that McFadden wouldn't have done better. I just don't think a statement that McFadden could have done just as well can be made with any kind of accuracy.

His first two games left a lot to be desired. If we're nitpicking him when he rushed for 140 yards and averaged 4.7 per carry while doing it, then we're nitpicking him more than even a top-five pick deserves.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He got shoe string tackled?

Repeatedly tripped up when the potential for huge runs was there. Call it 'shoe string' or whatever else you want to, but there were several plays where if he had only kept his feet, there was the potential for big yardage. It's not a criticism of Elliott, or saying he did something wrong, but pointing out a few 'what might have been' plays.

DTown214

Reaction score
The people still clamoring that we should've taken Ramsey over Zeke... you guys might be on to something if Zeke wasn't playing well, if Ramsey actually was playing well, and if our secondary hasn't been shockingly good.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Chicago went into the game as the ninth overall rush D and Zeke, a rook in his third game, ripped them for 140 yards. And your argument is essentially, "eh, he didn't look good to me."

I'm not saying Zeke wasn't solid, but half of the Bears defense were in shorts, they're an awful team on both sides of the ball.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Make sure you ignore the biggest impact any running back can have on your game......
Forcing the defenses to send extra men and keep men home to stop the back while opening the field for your QB to shine.

Zeke has helped Dak more than some are comfortable admitting.

Meh.. Teams loaded up on us last year and our coaching staff doesn't try to take advantage of it anyways.

Doesn't matter who is in the backfield for us.. Teams will load up.

popp1234

Reaction score
I like what I am seeing in Zeke I think he will be a great player for the Cowboys for a good while. It is not just his running it is his total game. Watching him out there picking up blitzers was impressive and if you value your QB then you know how important it is to have a RB who can pick up a defender. His receiving skills we have yet to see too much but I look for more and more as each game passes for Zeke.

Yes, I kept rewinding his blitz pick ups. I saw one where he did not wait for the blitzing defender to even get on the offensive side of the ball, he immediately recognized him and launched like a torpedo to take his legs out from under him. Very impressive!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
The people still clamoring that we should've taken Ramsey over Zeke... you guys might be on to something if Zeke wasn't playing well, if Ramsey actually was playing well, and if our secondary hasn't been shockingly good.

It's not about that.. It's about the standard that we should expect.

People are acting like Morris couldn't have done the same or better with 30 carries.

Where are the big electric plays?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
I don't think there's any doubt Zeke had a very good game. Now as far as 3rd overall..he is getting alot of carries. I'd like to see a higher ypc average from him and more broken tackles but hey..it's his 3rd game in the NFL. So far so good..

plasticman

Reaction score
Randle ripped apart the Falcons and he actually made some big plays in his short tenure.

Zeke is just getting what is blocked.

I want homeruns.. Special plays.
Randle was ready for the shower after the first quarter. The only thing special about him was his intellect.

You want homeruns? You seriously doubt that Zeke will take it to the house, its just a matter of time? You do realize, dont you, that when playing a rookie QB, you key on the run.

Zeke, gets 140 yards behind a line missing two starters...only his 3rd game.....and you want special plays...amazing.

Proof

Reaction score
Randle ripped apart the Falcons and he actually made some big plays in his short tenure.

Zeke is just getting what is blocked.

I want homeruns.. Special plays.

This is what I'm waiting for. From Zeke and Dak.

Hard to get too excited when they aren't imposing their will yet, or doing anything remarkable.

That said, I'll take ball control and mistake free football that wins games as a consolation prize any day of the week.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's hilarious how you now advocate trading down when for months you whined about not giving up the farm to trade for Wentz. And you're only advocating a trade back now because Ramsey has been awful.

And you would of course be wrong.

Yes my first option was trade up for Wentz. Option two was move back and get more picks. Elliott was like option 4 for me.

Oh and Ramsey has actually played well thus far.

But why let facts get in the way of a dumb rant?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
After 3 games as a rookie AD had 271 and Zeke 274. Zeke has played 3 games and is doing a good job and showing improvement week to week. Anyone expecting a finished product at this point in his career is just being foolish he will continue to improve as a player as he gains more experience in the NFL

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Randle was ready for the shower after the first quarter. The only thing special about him was his intellect.

You want homeruns? You seriously doubt that Zeke will take it to the house, its just a matter of time? You do realize, dont you, that when playing a rookie QB, you key on the run.

Zeke, gets 140 yards behind a line missing two starters...only his 3rd game.....and you want special plays...amazing.

Yes I do..

Top 5 pick at RB.. I want special.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
And you would of course be wrong.

Yes my first option was trade up for Wentz. Option two was move back and get more picks. Elliott was like option 4 for me.

But why let facts get in the way of a dumb rant?

So, you accuse me of going on a "dumb rant" when you post a rant about Zeke's draft position in a thread that has nothing to do with the draft? Interesting logic there.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
For the fourth pick in the draft, I would like to see a few more wins when he is one-on-one. He has just missed breaking some twenty+ yard runs because he has not been able to do that consistently. It seems that maybe he is not trusting his instincts because he is still adjusting to the scheme and the speed of the pro game.

Having said that, it seems obvious to me that he is improving each week and he is starting to see things better on the field. There was an astronomical jump between what he did against NY and what he did last night.

I think he will become what everyone was hoping for pretty soon.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
It's hilarious how you now advocate trading down when for months you whined about not giving up the farm to trade for Wentz. And you're only advocating a trade back now because Ramsey has been awful.

Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
We will be loving Zeke even more once this run game really gets going and he really hits his stride. This offense has been good but has a lot of room to grow. The run game needs to be dominating and I think it will become that sooner rather than later.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Still not worth the 4th pick IMO.

He's a fine player but I think there was more value in that pick than taking a RB when we had numerous holes on defense. Even a trade would have been a better move IMO.

Who in the top 10 besides Carson is even having that much impact? Zeke is in a position of immediate impact.