Twitter: Zeke lawyers file for stay on suspension

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
What?? Elliott is a small potato. What Elliott wants is nothing. He could be released tomorrow. This is about power and Jerry will lose. Heck, he has already lost. Elliott?? You can't be serious.

Jerry has no control over Zeke's legal actions. Not sure how this is Jerry's loss, but ok. I guess Jerry could ask Zeke to drop it, but that would make me think even less of Jerry.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The bottom line with this season is this. We gotta get this suspension out of the way and hope like hell the Eagles don't win the Super Bowl. Regroup in the offseason.

Can't wait for the game on Sunday.
I would rather back into the playoffs and have a chance at winning it all in this watered down league then fold my cards and play for next year...... the key is pushing the suspension until 2018

We can use one of our 11 draft picks and 60m in cap space to get a stud RB2 and weather the storm a lot easier

Next year we can be 4-2 with Zeke coming back instead of 4-3 with Zeke going away

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Question? Why is the court in NYC so damn special and over rides other courts?

Well if you look at the connection with the CBA and the law office who helped with the bill, and whose wife works in that court house as a Federal Judge, it's not unreasonable to draw the conclusion that it is money motivated. Happy clients continue to use you and your company. So why rule against them?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
I still don't get how is Elliott being suspended based on what a stripper said who story is shaky. Don't get it. This is not Ray Rice where u have clear as day evidence that he hit a woman. Basically he said she said BS. Crazy.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Question? Why is the court in NYC so damn special and over rides other courts?
Federal courts follow a "first to file rule" whereby the first federal district that gets the filing hears the case. Elliott's team tried to get the jump on the NFL by filing in Texas (5th district), but CA5 kicked the case out because they said you can't file until the ruling has been made.

links18

Reaction score
Federal courts follow a "first to file rule" whereby the first federal district that gets the filing hears the case. Elliott's team tried to get the jump on the NFL by filing in Texas (5th district), but CA5 kicked the case out because they said you can't file until the ruling has been made.

And then what? The NFL files in NY to confirm their arbitration decision the second it is made? Doesn't seem fair. Seems like a perversion of justice to always guarantee the forum to the employer.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
And then what? The NFL files in NY to confirm their arbitration decision the second it is made? Doesn't seem fair. Seems like a perversion of justice to always guarantee the forum to the employer.

That's exactly what happens, which is why the NFLPA tried filing in TX before the decision came out. A nice try but didn't work out.