Video: Zeke looks like Troy Hambrick in space

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So plenty of backs could average 100 yards per game for their career...... Easy to say those things when you have absolutely no proof!

You people are in-sufferable!

I think Zekes rookie year was great.

2nd year the idiot got suspended. Last year, was sub par. This year is a solid year, but by no stretch is he worth 15 million per year.

Are you saying you are happy we paid 15 million per year for Zeke?

aikemirv

Reaction score

2nd year the idiot got suspended. Last year, was sub par. This year is a solid year, but by no stretch is he worth 15 million per year.

Idiot got suspended with no proof and the NFL lead investigator recommended no suspension but go on with your narrative.....

I will just say that if Jaylon is worth 12 mill, then Zeke is worth 15 mill.

Happy, - no, why would I be happy about it? I am not happy D-Law got 20 mill either and will not be happy that Dak is gonna get 35 million either - I am happy he is on the team because he is a force!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Rushing leader isn't sub par

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh please,

Gurley is done
Chubb has done it what - 1 year
Jacobs - 8 games
Hunt - really?
Kamara- a workhorse chain mover?

At least 2 on your list are close to accurate!

I take every single guy on that list and their salary over Zeke accept for Gurley.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Zeke had a good game last night. He did an excellent job at finding cutback lanes last night. But when he gets to the 2nd level untouched, he turns into Troy Hambrick. Dude doesn't have the quickness to make safeties miss - Pollard is already better at setting up safeties for those huge runs. It's the difference between a 10+ yard run and a housecall.

1:29, 1:46, and 2:16 - He just has to make the safety miss and it's likely a TD.

The top paid running back in the league should be making these plays.

He's got the vision to see the hole before it opens. Like Emmitt who also never had breakaway speed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Idiot got suspended with no proof and the NFL lead investigator recommended no suspension but go on with your narrative.....

I will just say that if Jaylon is worth 12 mill, then Zeke is worth 15 mill.

Happy, - no, why would I be happy about it? I am not happy D-Law got 20 mill either and will not be happy that Dak is gonna get 35 million either - I am happy he is on the team because he is a force!

Jaylon at 12 million was a bargain. Zeke at 15 million is a joke.

Give me Pollard and a 2nd round back in next years draft and a stud FA DT for that kind of money

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Salaries have gone up, so only the most recent salaries are relevant. And in today's game, the highest paid players are often simply the last one paid.

A lot of fans here remind me of my father-in-law who complains every time he eats out about how high the prices are. He thinks he should still be paying what he did when he was in his 20s. He's now in his 70s.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Call us crazy or whatever, I really don't care.

Oh don't worry ..... We will ...... And we will continue laughing at anyone who thinks Zeke has not been playing at an elite level ...... Because all that means is that the person who thinks that way only knows football through fantasy football stats.

They deserved to be laughed at and ridiculed.

Total football ignorance

anava

Reaction score
Did you see the screen against Pittsburgh? He had a ton of "burner" runs at Ohio State. He's definitely lost a step.

Basically straight ahead speed. He didnt have to beat anyone one on one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Oh please,

Gurley is done
Chubb has done it what - 1 year
Jacobs - 8 games
Hunt - really?
Kamara- a workhorse chain mover?

At least 2 on your list are close to accurate!

Dalvin Cook, James Conner, Melvin Gordon, Leonard Fournette, Barkley. I would even put Joe Mixon in there. Poor guy plays behind the Cincy line.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dalvin Cook, James Conner, Melvin Gordon, Leonard Fournette, Barkley. I would even put Joe Mixon in there. Poor guy plays behind the Cincy line.

You are making yourself look bad, none of these guys have proven to be what you fantasize about every night. You may need to go back starting with the 60's, and work your way back.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Elliot did nothing impressive yesterday, pollard looked better. The holes he had we monstrous not getting touched until several yards down the field he can get tough yards, but rarely breaks tackles.
Elliott was making some very impressive cutbacks in the backfield to find holes that weren't where they were supposed to be. He made something out of worse than nothing at least 4 times doing it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Elliott is Murray and neither is a long ball hitter. His job is to make 1st downs, keep the D off balance, strengthen play action and pick up blitzers and he does all of that really well.

Cooper isn't a jump ball WR, he's a route runner and really good at getting open.

Witten doesn't break tackles but he does get open and give the QB an outlet.

Prescott doesn't throw a good deep ball but he's improved on the intermediate ones.

I watched Elliott play a lot of college ball but that was against college defenses and RB's like Barkley, Gurley, Chubb and Elliott find the running a little more difficult against better and faster defenders and DC's. Elliott is a power back and was drafted to be in a power run game with a power blocking OL. He's not a juker and he doesn't make them miss, what he does is make them work to bring him down.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You should probably go hang out with the guy who can't tell the difference between Matt Moore and Dak Prescott. You two have got some real football acumen.
I know what he's saying. Alstott was a power back who made dirty yards, but wasn't a big home run hitter. Zeke has more lateral agility and quickness, but only seems to use that behind the LoS. Once he's past the LoS, the similarities begin.

cern

Reaction score

yes.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know what he's saying. Alstott was a power back who made dirty yards, but wasn't a big home run hitter. Zeke has more lateral agility and quickness, but only seems to use that behind the LoS. Once he's past the LoS, the similarities begin.

Alstott, wish he had Zeke's speed.