Zeke needs to wake up and earn his money

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Here is Zeke's third carry after we are backed up..

Get back to me with your count of defenders at the line of scrimmage here.

The very next play..

This gets me to 3 minutes left in the first quarter and I've already found 3 run plays with stacked boxes. Do I need to continue? Because if they only stacked the box on 17% of the run plays that would mean I only have to find one more to get to 1/6 of the 24 runs in the game.. Anybody wanna bet I won't make to the end of the 2nd quarter to find it? And that doesn't even account for the times when Rush audibled out of run plays when they showed the heavy box look.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
The very next play..

This gets me to 3 minutes left in the first quarter and I've already found 3 run plays with stacked boxes. Do I need to continue? Because if they only stacked the box on 17% of the run plays that would mean I only have to find one more to get to 1/6 of the 24 runs in the game.. Anybody wanna bet I won't make to the end of the 2nd quarter to find it? And that doesn't even account for the times when Rush audibled out of run plays when they showed the heavy box look.

LOL

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Zeke needs to wake up and earn his money. He had that great play late in the 4th quarter to get down there close enough for the Coop to Coop TD but he was absent the entire game before that. The defense was balling out giving 100% the entire game and I didn’t see that from Zeke. The offense was giving 100% the entire game except for Zeke. Someone needs to put some smelling salts under his nose or give him a blanket party late one night on the road to wake his *** up. If we can get Zeke to play all out, then the limit is the Super Bowl.

Jeezus H. Kristos man!!!

Zeke is the 3rd best RB in NFL and best blocking back in the league.

Stop your pansy arsed knee jerk whining about absoltely NOTHING.

GINeric

Reaction score
Zeke needs to wake up and earn his money. He had that great play late in the 4th quarter to get down there close enough for the Coop to Coop TD but he was absent the entire game before that. The defense was balling out giving 100% the entire game and I didn’t see that from Zeke. The offense was giving 100% the entire game except for Zeke. Someone needs to put some smelling salts under his nose or give him a blanket party late one night on the road to wake his *** up. If we can get Zeke to play all out, then the limit is the Super Bowl.

Zeke IS earning his money. The Vikings coaching staff respect Zeke's skills so much that they had planned to stop the run game by stacking the box with 8 and 9 man fronts and made Rush beat them in the air. Now show me which running back in the NFL can have a productive day against the Vikings defense with 8 or 9 men stacked in the box.....

I'll wait.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
The very next play..

8-9 many times in the game

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Zeke IS earning his money. The Vikings coaching staff respect Zeke's skills so much that they had planned to stop the run game by stacking the box with 8 and 9 man fronts and made Rush beat them in the air. Now show me which running back in the NFL can have a productive day against the Vikings defense with 8 or 9 men stacked in the box.....

I'll wait.....
They only stacked the box on 17% of the running plays.

nobody

Reaction score

I have to disagree with you man. Did he have an off game for running? Sure. He came through when it mattered most and his blocking is still off the charts. And he's been earning his money all season. Players have off games from time to time.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
LET IT GO ALREADY

you are embarrassing yourself, we get your view , most do NOT agree with you...

just quit fighting it..
You may be able to boss your husband or wife around but you can’t boss me. I could care less if you or anyone else disagrees with me. That’s what this place is all about.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that article but you left out the fact where it stated that the Vikings ended up only stacking the box on only 17% of the run plays.
but, the execution doesn't matter after the fact ....they "planned" but then you adjust during the game as things play out. cooper played better than expected.
in the first series he was 4 of 6 for 43 yards.
in second series where they stacked the line and stopped the line, he had one pass attempt for 20 yards.
in 3rd series he went 3 of 5 and we ended up with a field goal. that's already in the 2nd quarter.

so they had to drop more back to stop the pass ....we went pass heavy....passing 44 times and running 24. that's 65% pass rate.........so Dallas probably switched to pass based on the look the defense gave them.....Rush took them out of their game plan with his success.

so yes, the plan was to stop the run, put the game in Rush's hand.....and Rush had success.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Spoken like a true blank. Guy literally won you the game.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
We can argue whether his cap hit is too high or not, but he won that game for us last night. Zeke has been an absolute stud this year. AFAIC, he’s earning his cheddar.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score

Not sure what your beef is but Zeke busted his *** last night.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You may be able to boss your husband or wife around but you can’t boss me. I could care less if you or anyone else disagrees with me. That’s what this place is all about.

You don't have to agree with any person or persons but why argue with the facts? You stated that they only stacked the box 17% of the time. I just showed you that they stacked the box on three of the first 7 running plays in the game. I don't know if you're using PFF for your source for the data but whoever it is is simply wrong. They stacked the box WAAAY more than 17% of the actual runs and the percentage likely goes much higher when taking audibles because they were singling our receivers into account.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Not sure what your beef is but Zeke busted his *** last night.

Watching Henry go down for the Titans, the one thing I respected the most about Emmitt and now it's looking like Zeke too, is they are just so damn durable. The amount of punishment that position takes and Zeke is usually the least hurt guy on the field. I'm sure he's banged up like crazy, but he's never the type of player to remind you about his injury or try and get sympathy points for it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I didn't even make it out of the first quarter before I found another stacked box look. This is the same drive 4 plays later.. This time with Pollard in.

What struck me about this was that it was 2nd and 9 after Rush had scrambled for 1 yard on first down. A pure passing down and they STILL came with 8 in the box.