Zeke needs to wake up and earn his money

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Zeke needs to wake up and earn his money. He had that great play late in the 4th quarter to get down there close enough for the Coop to Coop TD but he was absent the entire game before that. The defense was balling out giving 100% the entire game and I didn’t see that from Zeke. The offense was giving 100% the entire game except for Zeke. Someone needs to put some smelling salts under his nose or give him a blanket party late one night on the road to wake his *** up. If we can get Zeke to play all out, then the limit is the Super Bowl.

Shut up.

The Vikings weren't going to let the run game beat them. Take your Zeke hate and put it were the sun don't shine. Dude was aces in pass protection. Learning something about football and stop obsessing over your fantasy team.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Zeke needs to wake up and earn his money. He had that great play late in the 4th quarter to get down there close enough for the Coop to Coop TD but he was absent the entire game before that. The defense was balling out giving 100% the entire game and I didn’t see that from Zeke. The offense was giving 100% the entire game except for Zeke. Someone needs to put some smelling salts under his nose or give him a blanket party late one night on the road to wake his *** up. If we can get Zeke to play all out, then the limit is the Super Bowl.

On this board it takes a while to determine where the mindset is of different posters. Are they jaded, biased, or just missed a couple of significant plays for them to take the position they assume.

You are one of the ones I find most curious. There are posts you make which are intuitive, and then there are posts like this one.

I won't insult you by suggesting you know nothing about football. I truly hate when posters do that to others. But to watch the Vikings put eight in the box most of the night to stop the run and put pressure on a QB they didn't respect. Then come out with this post which ignored Zeke's efforts to make the ruin game work, then just slobber knock blitzers to give Rush time. Then not only not give that its proper weight, but slough off perhaps the most critical play of the game as Zeke set up the final touchdown.

If it's one player, dodge. If it's two players, split them.

He split two pairs of defenders, got the first down, and put the ball where Dallas had a full compliment of options and time on the clock to win the game.

I conclude this is a bias on your part. I get that. We all are biased.

But to then use that bias to not admit Zeke had a terrific game for fifty yards, a bunch of saved pass plays, and the seminal run after catch reminds me of a song by The Spin Doctors.

Little Miss Can't Be Wrong.

You need to check your attitude.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On this board it takes a while to determine where the mindset is of different posters. Are they jaded, biased, or just missed a couple of significant plays for them to take the position they assume.

You are one of the ones I find most curious. There are posts you make which are intuitive, and then there are posts like this one.

I won't insult you by suggesting you know nothing about football. I truly hate when posters do that to others. But to watch the Vikings put eight in the box most of the night to stop the run and put pressure on a QB they didn't respect. Then come out with this post which ignored Zeke's efforts to make the ruin game work, then just slobber knock blitzers to give Rush time. Then not only not give that its proper weight, but slough off perhaps the most critical play of the game as Zeke set up the final touchdown.

He split two pairs of defenders, got the first down, and put the ball where Dallas had a full compliment of options and time on the clock to win the game.

But to then use that bias to not admit Zeke had a terrific game for fifty yards, a bunch of saved pass plays, and the seminal run after catch reminds me of a song by The Spin Doctors.

Very well said. No insults, just your well explained opinion of his bias. Again, well done.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
he was pouting since his boyfriend wasn't playing. he half-***** it when the love of his life isn't playing.

That's right...had Dak been playing and won the game like Cooper did, he would be saying how great Zeke did blocking for Dak.

Hey, his driveway don't reach the road.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I’m not biased about Zeke at all. In fact I’ve praised him repeatedly this year because of the work he put in the offseason to improve. I’m not a coach and have never played anything other than back yard football so I could be way off here. I made the post just based on the fact that we really needed him to step up in this game and carry the load. We had a backup QB who hadn’t thrown a pass in almost 4 years. I get it that they stacked the box against him. That was surely a factor. But I just didn’t see the fire until the play were he basically won the game. I wanted to see that fire the entire game and in my opinion it just wasn’t there.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I’m not biased about Zeke at all. In fact I’ve praised him repeatedly this year because of the work he put in the offseason to improve. I’m not a coach and have never played anything other than back yard football so I could be way off here. I made the post just based on the fact that we really needed him to step up in this game and carry the load. We had a backup QB who hadn’t thrown a pass in almost 4 years. I get it that they stacked the box against him. That was surely a factor. But I just didn’t see the fire until the play were he basically won the game. I wanted to see that fire the entire game and in my opinion it just wasn’t there.

Fair enough. But surely you would agree if the other team sees a first time QB starter in prime time, and stacking the line to stop Zeke would be the best game plan, that it is understandable Zeke can only do so much with multiple defenders attacking him?

It's a W and we may be talking about the drapes on the Titanic and ignoring the rising tide here.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
well its simple, you have Rush as the QB, who are you going to focus on? specially knowing the cowboys running game has been good all year...so they focused on taking out the RBs and force Cooper Rush to beat them.... Tampa did the same thing.....stopped the running game (although they did it with front 5, 6)....Minn. sold on trying to stop the run. I think getting 75 yards in running game was as good as it was going to get...their plan almost worked. .....

updated:
Xavier Woods says Minnesota Vikings were preparing for Dak Prescott to start at QB for Dallas Cowboys, not Cooper Rush (espn.com)

" Coach Mike Zimmer said Minnesota had "a lot of film" on Rush and told ESPN's Ed Werder that the Vikings would change their defensive strategy in the event Dallas started its No. 2 quarterback. In that scenario, Zimmer said his team would force Rush to beat them by taking away the run game by loading the box."

Last edited:

ghst187

Reaction score
You must have been watching a different game. What do you want Zeke to do when the defense is loading the box because they dont fear the QB beating them?

this! The box was loaded with at least 8 guys all night, Zeke still produced and picked up some play saving blocks in pass pro. In fact, if he had been in vice pollard, he probably wouldve picked up the blitzing Woods and we would’ve had more points before half instead of the fumble.

kskboys

Reaction score
Stand, sit, whatever. Questioning Zeke's effort last night is just a bad take no matter how many times you repeat it.
Dude's not even aware enough to backtrack and admit he got this wrong!!!! One of the most extreme lack of awareness examples I've seen here.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Feed ZEKE!!!
This slander is unfounded especially after Zeke ran thru 4 defenders to get a first down and seal the game.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He was a ghost the rest of the game. Did you see how the defense and the rest of the team balled out? Zeke finally did on that one play but the rest of the game he was a non-factor.
Do you not notice him picking up the blitzer and thus keeping the QB upright to make plays. How can you be so blind?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Fair enough. But surely you would agree if the other team sees a first time QB starter in prime time, and stacking the line to stop Zeke would be the best game plan, that it is understandable Zeke can only do so much with multiple defenders attacking him?

It's a W and we may be talking about the drapes on the Titanic and ignoring the rising tide here.
Again, I’m not complaining about the production, just what I perceived to be a lack of fire until that big play.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke had a really good game given the circumstances…
He showed, and not for the first time this season, that he’s playing for the team and not as an individual.
His blocking in pass protection was excellent bar an early miss he had on a lineman, he ran hard despite knowing he was running into a stacked box… and oh yeah, when the game was on the line he delivered to set up a he victory.
Zeke has been disappointing the last couple of seasons, but this season he’s been back to his best and is vital to the team.
he didnt ,iss that block he got off it too quick..im sure its film teachable moment..he hit the guy then went to find anther chip block, should have stayed on the block bit longer..

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Zeke was a non factor today and slow . The last catch was nice but any TE or RB can make it . It does not justify his lack of impact on the game ans his enormous cost to the team .

trade zeke
Trade Cooper
renew wilson
Fortify the OL and DB
Rockport Jr., Zeke impacted the entire game by picking up the blitz, thus keeping Cooper Rush upright to make plays.