Zeke needs to wake up and earn his money

Big_D

Reaction score
Him getting that first down was huge. Make the plays when you have to. He did that last night.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Him getting that first down was huge. Make the plays when you have to. He did that last night.

Massive.. You're not always going to put up gaudy stats .. and stats are not the only way to contribute to a team winning. If you don't understand that then you probably never played football outside of sandlot..

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Then they're wrong.. Sorry but that's the simple fact of it. I just went play by play, frame by frame and found 4 8 man boxes out of 9 or 10 running plays IN THE FIRST QUARTER!!! Somebody is either lying or wrong.. I don't know how else to characterize it. Go look for yourself if you don't want to believe me. Either look at the stills I posted or go freeze the game at the snap of these plays and tell me you came with a different count..

lol...dude, Sir Rockport has you like a fish on a hook. lol. You can splain him numbers all night but 4 times out of 3 he will disagree.

zerofill

Reaction score
Are you taking out your frustrations on Zeke for Dak not playing? lol

If he had as many carries as Henry he would be over 1k yards right now.
Henry has 101 more carries.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Then they're wrong.. Sorry but that's the simple fact of it. I just went play by play, frame by frame and found 4 8 man boxes out of 9 or 10 running plays IN THE FIRST QUARTER!!! Somebody is either lying or wrong.. I don't know how else to characterize it. Go look for yourself if you don't want to believe me. Either look at the stills I posted or go freeze the game at the snap of these plays and tell me you came with a different count..
I’m not football savvy enough to determine when they stack the box. I do know that sometimes it looks like they are but when the ball is snapped they back off into coverage.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I’m not football savvy enough to determine when they stack the box. I do know that sometimes it looks like they are but when the ball is snapped they back off into coverage.

Fine.. but you can count right? I took freeze frames of the plays I found and nobody is dropping into coverage in any of them. All of them attack the line of scrimmage at the snap.. And nobody is dropping back into coverage AFTER the ball is handed off.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you taking out your frustrations on Zeke for Dak not playing? lol

If he had as many carries as Henry he would be over 1k yards right now.
Henry has 101 more carries.
Rock tried to tell me zeke was only "good" because of the number of carries. So I suppose Henry is only "good" because he gets more carries?

Zeke is fine.....he's doing a great job keeping our QB's in the game and in the play. Ro.....er I mean.....some of the guys around here.....could learn a thing or two from Zeke's heart and dedication.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since Rockport is known to be one of the biggest supporters of the team even when it's bad, I have to believe he's just trolling to get a rise out of people and they are falling for it.
Where do you get "he's one of the biggest"....what a load of crap.

No what he *IS*...is a self-proclaimed troll. He's admitted it. Not sure why it's tolerated. Admin has been pretty patient with me on some things......but I get my knuckles rapped for lesser things than that.

If this is trolling.....it's a testament to our forum that it's allowed....AND a testament to Rock as a person.

Edit: Now that I looked at my post above......Rocky has "hated" on zeke before. I doubt this is him trolling for jollies. Wish we had a better search system so I could show you.

mrmojo

Reaction score
A lot of fans rely on stats and don't watch the game.....thats why some on here thought Jaylon was a type five LB...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
A lot of fans rely on stats and don't watch the game.....thats why some on here thought Jaylon was a type five LB...

Yeah stats cannot and will not tell you the whole story.. Whenever I see this stuff about how "Zeke was a non factor" I am always reminded about my high school days.. In film session on Monday's the coaches would go through the tape and point out key blocks on big plays and award helmet stickers for them. I was a receiver and my job on most running plays was to go find the corner or the safety and occupy him so our backs could take it to the house if they got to the second level. We were an option running team and threw it like 4-5 times a game.. I was never going to have any stats.. but I took pride in getting those helmet stickers for driving a DB out of bounds or shielding him off as the back ran by. Was never going to make "all anything" or get any accolades.. I had to be content to get recognition from my coaches and my teammates. I think Zeke is on that wavelength. Dude is not worried about his personal stats.. He's trying to do anything he can to help his team win. I think that attitude permeates this entire roster.. And it's why this is the best chance we have had to win a championship in 25 years.. All 53 guys pulling together.. and it's beautiful to watch.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah stats cannot and will not tell you the whole story.. Whenever I see this stuff about how "Zeke was a non factor" I am always reminded about my high school days.. In film session on Monday's the coaches would go through the tape and point out key blocks on big plays and award helmet stickers for them. I was a receiver and my job on most running plays was to go find the corner or the safety and occupy him so our backs could take it to the house if they got to the second level. We were an option running team and threw it like 4-5 times a game.. I was never going to have any stats.. but I took pride in getting those helmet stickers for driving a DB out of bounds or shielding him off as the back ran by. Was never going to make "all anything" or get any accolades.. I had to be content to get recognition from my coaches and my teammates. I think Zeke is on that wavelength. Dude is not worried about his personal stats.. He's trying to do anything he can to help his team win. I think that attitude permeates this entire roster.. And it's why this is the best chance we have had to win a championship in 25 years.. All 53 guys pulling together.. and it's beautiful to watch.
I didn’t say Zeke was a non factor. He’s been great this year but wasn’t this game until that 3rd and 11 play where he was great. That’s the kind of play he’s paid to make. Would just like to see more of those.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I stand by my post. If he would’ve put the effort in like he did on his last play in the game for the entirety of the game then it wouldn’t have been as close as it was. He’s being paid like a difference maker. It took Amari Cooper to save his *** from a lot of questions.
You have lost your path, fast track back my friend or else you become lost in the wilderness and Ravens begin to peck your eyeballs out.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
If a moron like me can figure out when a team stacks the box, surely you can. Trolling perhaps as others mention.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Zeke has been doing some good blocking. Watch the replay highlights. He is throwing his body in there on a few plays. Taking one for the team.