Zeke needs to wake up and earn his money

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yep..I had the courage to admit I broke a rule. It was not intentional It was pointed out to me and I admitted it. Admin do what you need to do.

You....have admitted to INTENTONALLY trolling people. It's no longer an indictment on admin....it's a testament to YOUR character.

It's no surprising you won't man up to it. I thought they taught you better but...welll....is what it is.
Keep up the insults. Coming from you they’re rewarding.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You have literally turned into the zoner who you’ve accused so many of being over the years. If everyone said their true feelings we’d all be benched. C’mon Amber, get it together. Without Zeke playing exactly the way he did, we LOSE this game. Zeke probably played his best game of the year, at worst second best. This is what happens to fans who are only concerned with fantasy football stats. They don’t care about real football , and what it takes to win. I’d be embarrassed and quit if I ever posted such nonsense.

We will all give you a pass if you create a thread or post at the end of this one that says nothing but SIKE, I got y’all, you won’t even have to explain. Then beg Brain, or even Reality to block it.
He certainly made up for his lackluster play in that game with that 3 and 11 play. I’ll give him that. Just want to see more consistency.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So given Zeke’s numbers for the year, which you apparently consider terrible, give the board example stats of what you expect him to have produced as of now in order to not be terrible and worthy of nothing but trade bait.
His numbers are great. I’ve never said otherwise. His play has been great, even this last game with that 3 and 11 play. The rest of that game he was just so-so and because Dak was out I was expecting him to try and take over that game.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Zeke had a beautiful high effort game and consistently gained positive yards despite a stacked box. His blocking was stellar and he contributed nicely in the passing game catching several passes. Quite instrumental in the victory.
Teams are going to stack the box and make yards tough for him and Pollard. Luckily Dak has elevated his game and is beating them with his arm with the help of the talent around him. This will back them off and Elliot and Pollard can eat. Pick your poison.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Teams are going to stack the box and make yards tough for him and Pollard. Luckily Dak has elevated his game and is beating them with his arm with the help of the talent around him. This will back them off and Elliot and Pollard can eat. Pick your poison.

Exactly.. this is what we have all been hoping for since really 2014.. We have not been this lethal in both the passing game and the running game since that year. Plus we have a defense that is potentially better than that one.. We should all be very very excited!

kskboys

Reaction score
His numbers are great. I’ve never said otherwise. His play has been great, even this last game with that 3 and 11 play. The rest of that game he was just so-so and because Dak was out I was expecting him to try and take over that game.
Expand your thoughts. VIkes were stacked hard up front to stop him, daring Rush to beat them. Z ran hard into this stacked box and gained positive yards. You are judging a player using strictly long plays. In that vein, you would also conclude that Witten and Irvin sucked.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Expand your thoughts. VIkes were stacked hard up front to stop him, daring Rush to beat them. Z ran hard into this stacked box and gained positive yards. You are judging a player using strictly long plays. In that vein, you would also conclude that Witten and Irvin sucked.
Only 17% of the time.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

As we have observed with Henry and the Titans.. he gets a chance to "take over games" late because the Titans never stop handing him the ball as long as they are within a couple of scores. Even on days when he is held under 3 yards per carry which has happened 3 times this season.. they keep giving him the ball. I seriously doubt anybody on Titanszone is claiming he was a non-factor or "not trying" in those games.. At least anybody who understands football anyway.. Zeke will seldom be allowed to "take over games" that way because the Cowboys offense has more ways to beat you.. As long as he is able to force defenses to honor the run it allows the offense to function. That's what Henry was doing for the Titans in those games where on the surface it appears he was stuffed and it's the same thing Zeke did for us against the Bucs and again against the Vikings. You cannot make people understand and appreciate that if they don't want to.. But it's worth stating nonetheless.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Now start paying more attention to energy. Z has been playing hard all year. No one gets a ton of yards w/ no holes. No RB in NFL history.

LOL! yeah people will generally counter this argument with the fallacy that "Barry Sanders" never had any holes to run through... ignoring the fact that when he was running around in the backfield he was looking for... drum roll please...

a hole to run through..

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL! yeah people will generally counter this argument with the fallacy that "Barry Sanders" never had any holes to run through... ignoring the fact that when he was running around in the backfield he was looking for... drum roll please...

a hole to run through..
I've gotten to the point where I pay little attention to such fooforaw. Hey, I think Z is overpaid also, and has had some questionable activities in the past. However, the truth is that he's a hard running pounder and the best blocking RB in the NFL. He's the type of RB that fits best in super bowl contending teams. Several teams wish they had him. It's only our own fans who don't seem to have a clue how good he is, and how important he is to winning. Very strange phenomenon.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Zeke is averaging a gaudy 4.8 a carry, that is more than ya need out of a RB.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

4.8 yards a carry, good at blitz pickup, 700 yards from scrimmage with 6 touchdowns all with 10 games still left in the season.

Currently 1st in the NFC in rushing yards and 2nd in the NFC in touchdowns only behind James Conner.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I've gotten to the point where I pay little attention to such fooforaw. Hey, I think Z is overpaid also, and has had some questionable activities in the past. However, the truth is that he's a hard running pounder and the best blocking RB in the NFL. He's the type of RB that fits best in super bowl contending teams. Several teams wish they had him. It's only our own fans who don't seem to have a clue how good he is, and how important he is to winning. Very strange phenomenon.

Mainly people are mad at him for three things.. One: they feel he was drafted too high.. Two: When he came into the league he was a stupid kid who did stupid things and Three: the holdout and the contract.

While I understand the reasoning for not liking him for those things.. I don't get refusing to look past that and just enjoy watching the kid play. And appreciating all the things he does to contribute to winning football. Yes we all like watching somebody break off a 70 yard run.. but those runs are almost always more the result of great blocking and crappy defense than the greatness of the runner. I am more impressed by the 4 yard run on 3rd and 3 with the entire defense geared to stop him where two guys actually get to him at the line of scrimmage but he drags them for the first down anyway. Or a play like that catch and run that essentially cemented the game for us Sunday night. He had no business being able to get that first down.. He caught the ball on a dumpoff with no forward momentum and two guys waiting for him after a 3-4 yard gain. When he hit the accelerator and lowered his shoulders it was a thing of beauty. That was a far more impressive run than if the line parted the Red Sea and the safeties all took bad angles so he dashes for 50 yards.

The reason I have no problem with where Zeke was drafted was just that.. He plays winning football. Sometimes the numbers will jump out at you and sometimes they will be meager.. But if you watch .. he is ALWAYS trying to do everything he can to contribute to winning.. Including being willing to go stand on the sideline and let the fresher guy do some work. Even if the Cowboys don't win a championship with Zeke.. there is not another player from that draft that provides a HIGHER probability of impacting the game and helping a team play at a championship level. And that includes Derrick Henry.. Whom I absolutely love to watch run.. But I can see that he is not as good an all around player as Zeke.. You can win with him.. you just have to do it differently..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Only 17% of the time.
said who? PFF? watch film....we went pass 44 times. with cooper rush...is there a reason we went pass? did cooper rush change the play at the line based on defensive formation.....you are better than that.....they stacked the line to stop the running game. I would do the same. that would be the only chance I would have as a defensive coordinator.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
said who? PFF? watch film....we went pass 44 times. with cooper rush...is there a reason we went pass? did cooper rush change the play at the line based on defensive formation.....you are better than that.....they stacked the line to stop the running game. I would do the same. that would be the only chance I would have as a defensive coordinator.
Not PFF. The link is posted several times in this thread. They stacked the box on all running plays only 17% of the time. You’re not a coach so wouldn’t know. I’m not a coach either so rely on the published stats.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not PFF. The link is posted several times in this thread. They stacked the box on all running plays only 17% of the time. You’re not a coach so wouldn’t know. I’m not a coach either so rely on the published stats.

According to ESPN.. 17% is 1/6. You are content to go with their assessment fine.. But I looked with my own eyes and I saw at least 8 men in the box on 5 of our running plays in the first half of that game. So in order for ESPN to be accurate we would have had to run the ball 30 times.. which we didn't .. we ran it 24.. And that's even if they did not put 8 in the box A SINGLE TIME in the second half.. Therefore I can use my own eyes to dismiss their 17% number.. I don't know what game they watched.. but their 17% number is abject garbage..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
no, its not......17% of running plays (4 out of 24). but what about the 44 pass plays. I can go through 20 plays and come up with more than 10 plays they stacked the line.....you reading wrongly into that stat and leaning too much into it
...the line was often stacked and play changed to pass..... come on rockport. I do like you, but this is silly trying to prove Zeke is not a good RB or something.....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Zeke in in his 6th year and is already over halfway to 1,000 yards. He's showing no signs of decline. The Vikings were clearly focused on stopping the run, this isn't hard.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
According to ESPN.. 17% is 1/6. You are content to go with their assessment fine.. But I looked with my own eyes and I saw at least 8 men in the box on 5 of our running plays in the first half of that game. So in order for ESPN to be accurate we would have had to run the ball 30 times.. which we didn't .. we ran it 24.. And that's even if they did not put 8 in the box A SINGLE TIME in the second half.. Therefore I can use my own eyes to dismiss their 17% number.. I don't know what game they watched.. but their 17% number is abject garbage..
We’ve been over this Ronnie. Let’s just agree to disagree.