Zeke not looking worthy of the 4th overall pick **merged**

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Yes it does matter. Of course it matters. Players in the NFL play differently than college or high school. Norman is a savy vet that punched the ball out. Zeke has to adjust how he holds the ball.

You learn from your mistakes, rookies get better as they play the game and learn from their mistakes. To suggest otherwise, shows an agenda against a player.

I have an agenda against RB's that put the ball on the ground. Neither fumble is acceptable regardless of Norman's 'savvy.' I think it shows an agenda for the player to stick your head in the sand when he fumbles twice and hasn't been productive.

YR

Zman5

Reaction score
He'll be fine. Rookies who miss TC usually don't do well initially. Even Gurley took few games before going off.
Goo thing is, he's improving from game to game.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
He wasn't a fumbler in college. I doubt now all of a sudden he can't hold on to the ball. Settle down Cowboyszone. Stop overreacting to every damn thing that happens in one game. If there is a pattern, then react. Let me stop making sense. This is Cowboyszone.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
The turnstiles that are Collins and Free aren't doing him any favors.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Zeke was 21 for 83 with a 4 yard average and a long of 21.

Alf was 5 for 7 yards with 1.4 yard average and a long of 5.

robjay04

Reaction score
I have an agenda against RB's that put the ball on the ground. Neither fumble is acceptable regardless of Norman's 'savvy.' I think it shows an agenda for the player to stick your head in the sand when he fumbles twice and hasn't been productive.

YR

If he keeps fumbling, I'll be right there with you but he should not be held to the same standard as a six year veteran.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
He wasn't a fumbler in college. I doubt now all of a sudden he can't hold on to the ball. Settle down Cowboyszone. Stop overreacting to every damn thing that happens in one game. If there is a pattern, then react. Let me stop making sense. This is Cowboyszone.

That was college. A lot of players weren't something or were something in college and that changes in the NFL.

As of week 2, he's a fumbler and will most likely be punished next week for it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys made a mistake taking Elliott out of the game after the 2nd fumble. He's not a fumbler. That was a chance to show him they have faith in him. Instead we went the ham and egg route with Morris.

No issue with the pick. I mean, the correct way to go was to move up for that sunburned savior now in Philly but Elliott was the absolute best case scenario after that franchise killing mistake.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Ran hard with exception of the two fumbles. He will improve. He gets better as season goes along folks

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Never ever pick a running back fourth overall. A three legged donkey can run for 1k yards in this offense.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
lE
That was college. A lot of players weren't something or were something in college and that changes in the NFL.

As of week 2, he's a fumbler and will most likely be punished next week for it.
And this is stupid. Typical stupid overraction that permeates this site. Dez doesn't put a lot of balls away, is a a dropper?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
If he keeps fumbling, I'll be right there with you but he should not be held to the same standard as a six year veteran.

Even though that 6-year veteran set the Cowboys record for rushing yards in a season?

And that rookie is a 4th overall pick?

Okay then.

YR

Hardline

Reaction score
Zeke had a HUGE improvement in his 2nd game other than the fluke fumbles
He will improve game by game. When Romo returns and defenses aren't stacking the box and daring a rookie QB to beat them then you will see Zeke tearing it up in this league.

One thing threads like this do is expose the arm chair QBs from those like me who actually played the game.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
We have ZERO deep threats on this team. Both the Giants and Commanders stacked 7, 8 and 9 men into the box most of the game. You can't make a living in the NFL running into those type of fronts.