Zeke not looking worthy of the 4th overall pick **merged**

robjay04

Reaction score
I'm not saying he looks bad. I just don't think the current NFL warrants high RB picks.
That's a fine argument, everyone judging the draft pick in general after two games is wildly over exaggerating though.

I still don't think he is going to he any less special than the day we drafted him.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
You justified his performance because they had 8 in the box.

My reading comprehension is just fine.

If Murray had come back and fumbled twice...you would be apoplectic and demand that he be deported.

YR

I literally never referenced his performance because of people in the box. You are making things up. I think he ran well and had some critical mistakes. I'm not saying he had a good game, I'm saying this thread is absurd.

robjay04

Reaction score
You justified his performance because they had 8 in the box.

My reading comprehension is just fine.

If Murray had come back and fumbled twice...you would be apoplectic and demand that he be deported.

YR

Murray is a veteran, Zeke is playing his second career game.

No comparasion.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
I hate our strategy in camp. Zeke needed work. We're too soft with our guys
Yep. Just another example of how scared Garrett is. I bet the wildest thing he's done in his life was drive 10mph over the speed limit.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Eh, great play or was his confidence down after the first one. He will be ok, just nothing special.
Its a marathon and not a sprint. I dont think we can really say special or average right now. We will be able to tell that from wheather he finishes the year with 900 yards or 1,300/ 1,400 yards. It seems he was much more effective running the ball this week so it seems like its starting to sink in

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few Cowboys fans loving it because they would rather a player, and therefore the team, struggles then they are being wrong.

So if you are tooting you horn or patting yourself on the back right now... That is really sad. But that's just my opinion.

Eddie

Reaction score
You're not Kevin Costner and this isn't Draft Day.

Somehow, Costner was able to get the #4 pick in the draft for three second rounders, and then turn around and turn that pick into the #5 pick and two first rounders.

Who the heck is going to give up the #4 pick for three second rounders??? Watching the Avengers is probably more realistic than that !!!

dfense

Reaction score
Not looking worthy of the 4th overall pick.
Ya just can't wait to rip on something can you?

Win in DC with a rookie QB. Defense holds the line. Dez gets his touches. Coach takes chances. But no, gotta find something.

You are one the fan base I love. o_O

Reactions: TNT

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Morris has to start. Today Zeke played better but the fumbles hurt. If we don't recover that second one it could have been a different game.

Naruto

Reaction score
Dang some of these rookie WRs sure are looking good...

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
IM NOT ON THE "ZEKE IS A BUST" Bandwagon

But Morris should start next week to send a message to the team about accountability.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Glad to see 3 rushing TDs from 3 different guys

All 3 have a big role to play this year

mattjames2010

Reaction score
So, you didn't expect him to ever have a bad game? News Flash! That's not going to be his last bad game. And it won't be his last fumble. Every RB that's played football has missed a gaping hole. And I saw him shed a few tackles.

I expect an RB taken in the top 5 to be a huge factor in the run game and the passing game. I didn't know this was crazy expectations since RB is the easiest position to transition into when it comes to the NFL.

Also, this is the forum predicting he would have 1,500 yards this season and even some getting ridiculous and saying he would break records. It's funny to me, Murray got knocked as "It's all the line!" and gets 1,800 yards. Zeke is giving us less production, and the excuses are being thrown.

Admit it, there is a lot of fanboyism for this kid and it will blind them for quite some time. He's looked average the past two weeks, if it's not running well he's making mental errors. Maybe he will improve, but he's simply not living up to the hype.