News: Zeke on talk of Pollard being a starter

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Zeke got 104 yards rushing in his first post-Cabo game. In the four games before his suspension he averaged 127 yards per game.

When Zeke was suspended Morris had one good game of 127 yards and then three of 62, 61 and 36 yards.

Try again.
What should I try again? Do I need to restate Zeke went from 5.1 ypc to 4.1 ypc, which you were apparently arguing?

Now, instead of you admitting you had your *** handed to you, you just try to create a straw man. But that is OK. You want to talk about Zeke coming back for a 104 yard rushing game? Let’s recap...he had 104 yards on 24 carries for a 4.0 ypc, less than his season average. This was in a season ending loss in week 16 and a game that Zeke bet Eric Dickerson that he would rush for over 200’yards because Gurley gashed the Seahawks for 151 yards and 3 TDs the week before.

aria

Reaction score
of greater concern to me is wft vs eagles. if haskins starts, i'm not too worried. but if alex smith starts, my concerns grow exponentially. the eagles suck on the back end of their defense.
For sure, I think Haskins will be a sure loss for Washington but like you said, if Smith plays then their chances are significantly better.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Well glad that debate is over.... I'm a fan of Pollard in a 3rd down role, but a motivated Zeke is still a pretty good player : ). First time I saw that drive since game 5 against the Giants.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I hope so, I want to see him play well, poor contracts only hurt this team.
Good thing we’ve had only 1 bad year from zeke we will see how his career shakes up before we call it a bad contract. Well at least the people who know what they are looking at.

blumayne38

Reaction score
What should I try again? Do I need to restate Zeke went from 5.1 ypc to 4.1 ypc, which you were apparently arguing?

Now, instead of you admitting you had your *** handed to you, you just try to create a straw man. But that is OK. You want to talk about Zeke coming back for a 104 yard rushing game? Let’s recap...he had 104 yards on 24 carries for a 4.0 ypc, less than his season average. This was in a season ending loss in week 16 and a game that Zeke bet Eric Dickerson that he would rush for over 200’yards because Gurley gashed the Seahawks for 151 yards and 3 TDs the week before.
The debate on zeke having a bad contract has yet to be determined and it’s mostly pre mature. 1 bad season don’t result in a bad contract. We’ve had some amazing seasons from him. And probably more to come.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
And what does the Mensa crowd say about the role of the Cowboys OL in those numbers?

The Dunce Queen is back at it I see.

• Only Zeke runs behind a bad o-line
  • Only Zeke breaks “real” tackles; Pollard’s broken tackles are due to poor tackling
  • The o-line let’s Zeke down when he has only a 1-2 yard gain; when Pollard does the same it’s his fault
  • All long runs must be arbitrarily removed from Pollard’s totals (it’s unfair to Zeke)
  • You must point to Jaylon Smith’s tackle totals to defend his play
  • You must have never attended college (you just walk across campuses)
  • You must be an unaccomplished hack

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The debate on zeke having a bad contract has yet to be determined and it’s mostly pre mature. 1 bad season don’t result in a bad contract. We’ve had some amazing seasons from him. And probably more to come.
The claim from one of the posters was that “low IQ fans” have been saying Zeke has been fat/slow since after his rookie year. From 2016 to 2017 he went from averaging 5.1 ypc to 4.1 ypc when the “low IQ fans” realized something was off. What do you think caused the 20% reduction in efficiency when he rushed the ball?

Kaiser

Reaction score

You really need to look at some game logs at some point. The 104 yard game was at the beginning of the season and he had similar games returning from suspension against top defenses in Seattle and Philly.

Beyond the OL problems, his YPC dropped in 2017 because he was facing a 13-3 season schedule instead of a 4-12 schedule, plus the one game where Denver loaded up against him when he had 8 yards for the game.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You really need to look at some game logs at some point. The 104 yard game was at the beginning of the season and he had similar games returning from suspension against top defenses in Seattle and Philly.

Beyond the OL problems, his YPC dropped in 2017 because he was facing a 13-3 season schedule instead of a 4-12 schedule, plus the one game where Denver loaded up against him when he had 8 yards for the game.
Are you even trying at this point or are you throwing darts while blind folded? Yes, it was 97 yards for 4.0 ypc, making it even worse for Zeke.

Kaiser

Reaction score
The Dunce Queen is back at it I see.

• Only Zeke runs behind a bad o-line
  • Only Zeke breaks “real” tackles; Pollard’s broken tackles are due to poor tackling
  • The o-line let’s Zeke down when he has only a 1-2 yard gain; when Pollard does the same it’s his fault
  • All long runs must be arbitrarily removed from Pollard’s totals (it’s unfair to Zeke)
  • You must point to Jaylon Smith’s tackle totals to defend his play
  • You must have never attended college (you just walk across campuses)
  • You must be an unaccomplished hack

"Pollard breaks tackles better than Zeke dun did!!!!"

Direct quote from some moron last week, who will no doubt lie about saying it this week.

The same moron who will reply to this saying "You replied, I'm in yer head!!!"

StuckMojo

Reaction score
The way both backs are getting stuffed a lot at or behind the line says there is an issue with the line or Moore’s scheme. I am not a fan of Moore’s run scheme. I want both backs killing it when in the game.

Kaiser

Reaction score
To be fair, it was the 3 sport user name dude and not Kaiser. Kaiser is just being a blind white knight.

Just is just being a guy who doesn't pull numbers out of his backside because he hates a player.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Just is just being a guy who doesn't pull numbers out of his backside because he hates a player.

Looooool, says the forum’s #1 liar BAR NONE. Though you better get to work, RonaldT is starting to give you a run for your money.

“Hey guyz, ask me about my participation ribbon for making sure the refuges didn’t escape back into the land they fled from.”

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Sure dude. You talked about His return game and I gave him credit for 104 yards instead of 97 yards, both at 4.0 ypc.

Now, let’s delve into pulling crap out of his behind. You claimed Zeke’s reduction in efficiency was because of the schedule due to records and the Denver game. Will give you credit for the Denver game because you were spot on. It was bad, but he didn’t touch the ball enough to make a big difference. Eliminate that game and he goes to 4.18 ypc. (Round to 4.2)

However, I know you just pull excuses out of thin air when you use an excuse like the schedule. Don’t get me wrong, it sounds good on the surface, but you do realize the previous year’s seeding only impacts the schedule by 2 games, right? Those 2 games it impacted in 2017 were forcing us to play Green Bay and Atlanta.

Zeke was suspended for the Atlanta game so it had no impact on his drop in ypc. Zeke averaged 4.0 against GB, just .062 ypc less than his season average. Those games were negligible in his drop in production.

Fact is, while you think people are pulling crap out of thin air to rag on him; you try to come up with excuses that even in hindsight are flat out junk.