Zeke or Kamara?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I just remembered the name cause he was one of those fantasy players that would pop up now and again, but he always split reps with either Reggie Bush or Darren Sproles. He was never the main receiving option.

The same year he had 71 catches, Sproles had 77. Brees throws it to receiving backs a LOT. And right now, Karama is getting all that production to himself.

Did Mark Ingram die?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If a RB is catching 80 balls then I got news for you..

...you don't got news for me, you're just not intelligent.

When you have an RB averaging 6 yards a run and 10 yards catch, that's means they are effective in both areas - thus, why they are getting the ball more.

Pierre Thomas had low end production at receiving yet got high receptions. Do you understand how good it is for a back to have 80 receptions and keep at 10 YPC?

Kamara is the type of back that fits into what the NFL is now. Zeke is a 90s back that will never win a team a Super Bowl. One team is 7-1 while the other can't string together back to back wins.

Trade Zeke.

Also, can we also just point out that MAYBE, just maybe, the Saints are just really good at evaluating the RB position thus this is how they get so many good backs?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
2016 Travaris Cadet- 54 targets, 40 catches, 281 yards
2015 CJ Spiller- 44 targets, 34 catches 239 yards
2014 Pierre Thomas- 55 targets, 45 catches, 378 yards

2017 Kamara- 100 targets, 81 catches, 826 yards
2018 Kamara pace- 132 targets, 102 catches, 854 yards

The numbers arent even remotely comparable. And that's not factoring into account that Kamara is 1000x the runner of the rest of them.

Kamara is not a product of his system, he makes the system way better than it is.

Yall will latch on to any crutch possible as to not say a non-cowboy is better than a cowboy. Slave of the homerism.

If Pierre Thomas with 378 receiving yards is "super productive" as you claim, then what the hell is Kamara doing right now?

Looks like a huge spike in targets with a QB that is older.

Even with the same amount of Targets they wouldn't put up as good of numbers as Kamara but they wouldn't be far off.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

When you have an RB averaging 6 yards a run and 10 yards catch, that's means they are effective in both areas - thus, why they are getting the ball more.

Pierre Thomas had low end production at receiving yet got high receptions. Do you understand how good it is for a back to have 80 receptions and keep at 10 YPC?

Kamara is the type of back that fits into what the NFL is now. Zeke is a 90s back that will never win a team a Super Bowl. One team is 7-1 while the other can't string together back to back wins.

Trade Zeke.

Also, can we also just point out that MAYBE, just maybe, the Saints are just really good at evaluating the RB position thus this is how they get so many good backs?

Listen..

If you're not factoring in Kamara's situation vs Zeke's then we can't even have a real discussion.

I've watched Zeke house plenty of passes on limited opportunities. I also haven't seen Zeke look lost very often as a receiver.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Even with the same amount of Targets they wouldn't put up as good of numbers as Kamara but they wouldn't be far off.

LOL yes, Drew Brees and that noodle arm of his just needs to be checkdown charlie now....

cowboyblue22

Reaction score

Trade Zeke.

i know they have a really good coach and I think that makes lots of difference and a really good qb to go along with him

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Listen..

If you're not factoring in Kamara's situation vs Zeke's then we can't even have a real discussion.

I've watched Zeke house plenty of passes on limited opportunities. I also haven't seen Zeke look lost very often as a receiver.

You've seen Zeke take 2 screens to the house. This isn't the same as running a route tree.

Half of you on here just talk out of your butt and hope your **** sticks to the wall.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Did Mark Ingram die?

Dude has 8 catches on the season.

It's what Payton does - you get a grinder back who can't catch to convert short yardage or provide a 1st and 10 threat (your Deuce McAlister, Travaris Cadet type - Ingram's been that guy for years) and then you get a receiving back to play in all your passing sets. Belichick does the exact same thing with his zillions of LeGarrette Blount clones. Those guys aren't factored in in the receiving game.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

You want to guess why theres a huge spike in targets? It has nothing to do with Drew Brees being older lol.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
You want to guess why theres a huge spike in targets? It has nothing to do with Drew Brees being older lol.

1. It does have something to do with Breese being older.

2. Yes, he's good at receiving. No argument there.

The argument is who is better between Zeke and Kamara and the comparison is just laughable and you would have to completely not factor in the situation and what the coaches like to do with their RB's.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Dude has 8 catches on the season.

It's what Payton does - you get a grinder back who can't catch to convert short yardage or provide a 1st and 10 threat (your Deuce McAlister, Travaris Cadet type - Ingram's been that guy for years) and then you get a receiving back to play in all your passing sets. Belichick does the exact same thing with his zillions of LeGarrette Blount clones. Those guys aren't factored in in the receiving game.

Ingram was suspended for 4 games. So what is the argument last season when Ingram had 230 carries and 58 receptions?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
1. It does have something to do with Breese being older.

2. Yes, he's good at receiving. No argument there.

The argument is who is better between Zeke and Kamara and the comparison is just laughable.

I agree that it's laughable.

PFF agrees its laughable
Box scores agree its laughable
People that actually watch the two think it's laughable

Not as laughable as comparing him to Tevin Coleman, but almost.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Ingram was suspended for 4 games. So what is the argument last season when Ingram had 230 carries and 58 receptions?

If there's 140 catches to go around between Pierre Thomas and Darren Sproles, there's enough to feed 2 backs in the receiving game if Payton wants to. Right now he's letting Kamara monopolize that.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Breese has physically regressed.

You have little to no evidence that this is the reason Brees is throwing to Kamara often.

You get Brees did this with Bush and Sproles right? One was over a decade ago, the other was 7 years ago. Hop out of the thread, man.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I think it's extra funny that there is a clinging on to Zeke just needs to be more involved in the passing game in order to be more productive.

Have yall not watched him this year at all? The seahawks and Wash game show you he will never come close to some of the other backs as a receiver.