Zeke paying funeral costs for slain teen Jaylon McKenzie

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This, back in my days in the early 80's in high school, the worst that would happen would be a fist fight but nowadays no one wants to lose in front of people, so now you have guns every where you turn these days.
You gotta know the neighborhoods your kids are hanging out in. I'm in a nice area now but I still aint beat. Me and my wife are young parents that grew up in rough areas in rough situations. We've both seen shootouts on more than one occasion. I'll bet money when they find the kid responsible it's some bum dime bag peddlin broke 19 year old nino brown wanna be dating some 17 year old still in high school. This stuff pisses me off.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
You gotta know the neighborhoods your kids are hanging out in. I'm in a nice area now but I still aint beat. Me and my wife are young parents that grew up in rough areas in rough situations. We've both seen shootouts on more than one occasion. I'll bet money when they find the kid responsible it's some bum dime bag peddlin broke 19 year old nino brown wanna be dating some 17 year old still in high school. This stuff pisses me off.

Keep the family safe brother. Best you can do

ShortRound

Reaction score
I didn't read the story, but man this sucks, 14 year old kid, I can't imagine seeing your child get shot.

===

According to a CNN interview with McKenzie's mother, Sukeena Gunner, Jaylon was in attendance at a gathering in Venice, near the Illinois-Missouri border. A fight broke out, and when Jaylon walked outside to leave the party, he was struck by a stray bullet.

"I just started screaming," Ms. Gunner told CNN. "I just prayed and asked the Lord not to take my baby. ... It's very hard. It's still like a bad dream, like I'm gonna wake up in the morning and my baby's gonna be smiling at me asking for something to eat like he always does."

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I didn't read the story, but man this sucks, 14 year old kid, I can't imagine seeing your child get shot.

===

According to a CNN interview with McKenzie's mother, Sukeena Gunner, Jaylon was in attendance at a gathering in Venice, near the Illinois-Missouri border. A fight broke out, and when Jaylon walked outside to leave the party, he was struck by a stray bullet.

"I just started screaming," Ms. Gunner told CNN. "I just prayed and asked the Lord not to take my baby. ... It's very hard. It's still like a bad dream, like I'm gonna wake up in the morning and my baby's gonna be smiling at me asking for something to eat like he always does."

Thanks for posting. I try to avoid negative news but it's almost impossible these days. It's impossible not to feel for the family either. I pray for peace often

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Always. My kids might not like me for it, but I dont care. This kid had everything going for him and it's a shame

My kids don't like me much at times either but they grew up safe except for the odd bullying bs. I told them that ain't nothin, their mother disagreed but you gotta have both sides man.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
a few months back we had this punk *** dude in his Hummer (dude was only 20 something). Apparently as the story goes he was having a fight with his girl friend while sitting at a stop light. Light turns green , he sits and yells at his gf on the cell phone. Dude get's the horn. Road rage. Car behind him passes him in the intersection then pulled in front of him. Numb nutz hummer guy, in a fit of rage, behind the wheel of a 4500 pound vehicle jumps the curb, blows up the the sidewalk and absolutely pulverizes a walking pedestrian!! Dead, instantly. 3 kids and a husband left behind. It's a **** *** world sometimes

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke is a good dude prayers to the young mans family. But on some G my son is his age ain't no way im letting him ride around with older kids hittin up house parties that late at night. Im from newark and my wife is from the projects in south philly we've seen this story too often.
I coached at a very low socioeconomic school for 8 years. I chose to go there over a much more affluent and better program. I went there with a purpose to help those kids. I saw my share of heartbreak. Lost three players in a three month stretch once. Very sad. It was very draining, but we turned that program around and it is still the most rewarding job I ever had. I left a top ten team in the state of Texas to go there. No regrets!!
I hope this young man's life can serve as a life lesson for other kids and may God bless him.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I coached at a very low socioeconomic school for 8 years. I chose to go there over a much more affluent and better program. I went there with a purpose to help those kids. I saw my share of heartbreak. Lost three players in a three month stretch once. Very sad. It was very draining, but we turned that program around and it is still the most rewarding job I ever had. I left a top ten team in the state of Texas to go there. No regrets!!
I hope this young man's life can serve as a life lesson for other kids and may God bless him.
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Always. My kids might not like me for it, but I dont care. This kid had everything going for him and it's a shame
I saw a lot of bad stuff and I sheltered my daughter throughout her youth. She is now away in college and I pray I didn't shelter her too much. So far so good. 18 years old and already has 84 college hours. I bring her home for the summer tomorrow, God willing.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

You know what Ranch. You told me the story about that decision and asked me which team you went to. I answered the no body team. I just knew without knowing