Zeke paying funeral costs for slain teen Jaylon McKenzie

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Condolences to the family for such a devastating tragedy. Having said that, Zeke is a class act. When I met the guy in college, I knew that he was a special type of person, not just athlete. Doesn't down-talk anyone and the guy is completely modest and humble. Very respectful guy, I wish more people in life were like this. Thanks for posting.
Hey man! Since You've kinda interacted with the #21 as a buckeye,,, why was it being relayed back pretty quickly through word of mouth(cyber style) from the
" on the street general public fanbase " that he carried hisself as an aloof grade A Richard head early on after landing in BIG D?
* no disrespect implied in the question, just asking bro.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey man! Since You've kinda interacted with the #21 as a buckeye,,, why was it being relayed back pretty quickly through word of mouth(cyber style) from the
" on the street general public fanbase " that he carried hisself as an aloof grade A Richard head early on after landing in BIG D?
* no disrespect implied in the question, just asking bro.
I do not understand what you are trying to ask.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whatever Zeke is or might have been in the past, he's worthy of all due praise at this time. Nobody is obliged to take care of those outside of his family as Zeke did for that young girl. He's to be generously commended for such admirable generosity. Hats off to Zeke for his unselfish act of kindness.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I think most of us, myself included, go through a transitional period in maturity from a clueless kid into a man. Perhaps that holds true for Zeke. Maybe that's what Jerry meant lately when he said Zeke has come a long way in terms of growing up. If so, it's good news -- a selfless act is a great sign. ;)

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I coached at a very low socioeconomic school for 8 years. I chose to go there over a much more affluent and better program. I went there with a purpose to help those kids. I saw my share of heartbreak. Lost three players in a three month stretch once. Very sad. It was very draining, but we turned that program around and it is still the most rewarding job I ever had. I left a top ten team in the state of Texas to go there. No regrets!!
I hope this young man's life can serve as a life lesson for other kids and may God bless him.
Thank you, Coach!!!

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I told my daughter that boys were yucky and to make her own money! Lol

My little girl just turned 10, she's an only child, and I'm scared poopless of what the future holds. As a father of a daughter, yourself, you can definitely understand where I'm coming from. So, I appreciate 'most' of the advice that I've read on here. :p

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
First off, this is just a warm, generous, compassionate act from Zeke. Just tremendous and shows what kind of person he is.

Second, I don't see one post here calling Zeke out for this being in the news like there are in the thread about the Jones family giving $7.5M for cancer in North Texas. And that is very refreshing.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Sorry if it comes off crass, but there are only so many times you can see where the league simply does not acknowledge that their methods and motives are out of whack.

The real joke is the league.

You won't see Elliott ever get credit for the things he does that are noteworthy. This situation, the kid hit by the puck at the hockey game.

But yet Tyreek Hill has never served a second of a suspension.

That may be, and I'm all for jokes. However, this is a story about something much bigger than football. A teen was killed and Zeke's helping the family. Regardless of whether or not the league or anyone will credit him for it is beyond the point. And Zeke's suspension is miniscule compared to this. He can't get those 6 games back. Hill will have that in due time. For now, let's celebrate what Zeke did here.