Zeke shoving it down throats and takes himself out

stilltheguru

Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about?! I never replied to your first post so it has nothing to do with me, I replied to your second post but you questioned me on your first post. They were completely different topics, c’mon, try to keep up here.

Thanks for the like ;)
You got it lol

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only 4.4 ypc with a 14 yard long. Collinsworth said Zeke said he doesn’t try to hit the home run early in the game. Instead he looks to wear down and punish the defense. Hard to hit home runs when you’re not trying.

Donald also spiked him into the ground on a pass rush one time.
Since when is 4.4 ypc something to scoff at? The fact 14 was his long makes 4.4 look even better because there wasn't an individual run that skewed the average.

That's not to say I wouldn't have liked to see some bigger plays, but the man had 127 yards of offense and 2 TD's, so I'm not sure there is a lot to complain about.

Ren

Reaction score
Donald also spiked him into the ground on a pass rush one time.

that might be one of the craziest displays of pure strength I have ever seen, I basically picks him up and flips him over with 1 arm on his way to the QB

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I can’t blame Zeke for this one... he actually looked fresh out there. Yes he needs to bell cow it and stay in the game but hey... what do you want, Emmitt Smith?

aria

Reaction score
Lol, on The Fan they just said Jaylon had the worst game of his career yesterday and he pretty much thinks he can do things he can’t.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Since when is 4.4 ypc something to scoff at? The fact 14 was his long makes 4.4 look even better because there wasn't an individual run that skewed the average.

That's not to say I wouldn't have liked to see some bigger plays, but the man had 127 yards of offense and 2 TD's, so I'm not sure there is a lot to complain about.
I thought since 4.6 ypc in 2015 wasn’t satisfactory for DMC and we needed an upgrade at the position, that it would be the bare minimum we should expect from our upgrade.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought since 4.6 ypc in 2015 wasn’t satisfactory for DMC and we needed an upgrade at the position, that it would be the bare minimum we should expect from our upgrade.
4.6 is easily fine. Who said otherwise? McFadden's problem was staying healthy and consistent. Not a guy a team could count on to help build a balanced offense.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
4.6 is easily fine. Who said otherwise? McFadden's problem was staying healthy and consistent. Not a guy a team could count on to help build a balanced offense.
Thought it was pretty common knowledge (well a misguided perception) that the running game failed miserably during 2015 which caused us to go out and get Zeke. Quotes such as “meat on the bone” and/or “anyone can run behind this line” is used to mock the running game that year, despite it actually being pretty effective considering the quality of QB play and horrible receiving corps that year.

Even in 2017, Alf’s play was often criticized despite him being more efficient than Zeke and while facing a greater percentage of stacked boxes. I remember his yards being referred to as “empty yards”.

Just amazes me how a perception of a player influences their opinion of what they are watching. 4.4 is pretty underwhelming, especially considering he only faced 8 men in the box once last night. It’s not bad, just expected more efficiency.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thought it was pretty common knowledge (well a misguided perception) that the running game failed miserably during 2015 which caused us to go out and get Zeke. Quotes such as “meat on the bone” and/or “anyone can run behind this line” is used to mock the running game that year, despite it actually being pretty effective considering the quality of QB play and horrible receiving corps that year.

Even in 2017, Alf’s play was often criticized despite him being more efficient than Zeke and while facing a greater percentage of stacked boxes. I remember his yards being referred to as “empty yards”.

Just amazes me how a perception of a player influences their opinion of what they are watching. 4.4 is pretty underwhelming, especially considering he only faced 8 men in the box once last night. It’s not bad, just expected more efficiency.
Actually it was a pleasant surprise that McFadden gained the yardage he did. McFadden's performance was about the only positive thing from the offense that year. I felt that was pretty universally recognized. He just wasn't considered a long term solution because over his career he had proven unreliable and prone to injury. The team drafted Zeke because they wanted a bell cow RB like Murray had been in 2014 to carry the torch for the running game in a balanced offense, and McFadden wasn't that guy.

The "meat on the bone" thing was Joseph Randle talking about DeMarco Murray.

Alfred Morris, like McFadden, was considered a stop gap, not a bell cow, and he wasn't a receiver, which the Cowboys wanted from the RB position.

By the way, the 4.4 is one game, and not a season average. Even in Zeke's rookie season where he averaged 5.1 ypc he had individual games where he averaged 4.4 or less. That's why seasons aren't judged on 1 game.

Even so, 4.4 is far from a poor average. It's not stellar, but it's easily a strong average, especially for a RB that gets keyed on as much as Zeke.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Actually it was a pleasant surprise that McFadden gained the yardage he did. McFadden's performance was about the only positive thing from the offense that year. I felt that was pretty universally recognized. He just wasn't considered a long term solution because over his career he had proven unreliable and prone to injury. The team drafted Zeke because they wanted a bell cow RB like Murray had been in 2014 to carry the torch for the running game in a balanced offense, and McFadden wasn't that guy.

The "meat on the bone" thing was Joseph Randle talking about DeMarco Murray.

Alfred Morris, like McFadden, was considered a stop gap, not a bell cow, and he wasn't a receiver, which the Cowboys wanted from the RB position.

By the way, the 4.4 is one game, and not a season average. Even in Zeke's rookie season where he averaged 5.1 ypc he had individual games where he averaged 4.4 or less. That's why seasons aren't judged on 1 game.

Even so, 4.4 is far from a poor average. It's not stellar, but it's easily a strong average, especially for a RB that gets keyed on as much as Zeke.
Agree 4.4 is far from poor. It also isn’t great or dominating. He had a few nice runs and then got winded. He said he wasn’t looking to hit home runs early because he wanted to wear them down. He is the one that got worn down.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Floyd Mayweather to Brian Kenny- ANSWER THE QUESTION!
do all other running backs get tired and sub out? all I wanna know
most dont have too, the coahes rotate them with 2-3 backs keep them feresh, Zeke self subs because he unique 3 down back that can handle being on the field more then any other back in the league..most just fail to see it..hater goggles..

how Kamara do yesterday? nice big payday for a back only plays 70% of the snaps to zekes 90+

BlueStar22

Reaction score
He took 88% of the snaps and some of you complaining about the man deciding to get a breather. Tough crowd.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree 4.4 is far from poor. It also isn’t great or dominating. He had a few nice runs and then got winded. He said he wasn’t looking to hit home runs early because he wanted to wear them down. He is the one that got worn down.
Zeke had a good game. I agree it wasn't dominating, but it was a good game. Certainly nothing to sneeze at. As for being worn down, he was on the field for 88% of the offensive snaps - 63 out of the 72 plays - so he was in for the bulk of the game. No doubt that's a bigger % of snaps than the majority of RBs get, as was his 22 carries. Zeke is always at or near the top of the heap in carries per season, so he is getting his work in. At the rate of 22 carries/game he will again be at or near the most carries in the NFL again this season.

Keep in mind too that the team wants him to take an occasional break to keep him as fresh as they can.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
most dont have too, the coahes rotate them with 2-3 backs keep them feresh, Zeke self subs because he unique 3 down back that can handle being on the field more then any other back in the league..most just fail to see it..hater goggles..

how Kamara do yesterday? nice big payday for a back only plays 70% of the snaps to zekes 90+
Its funny. But hey, you give the highest expectations to the best. Look forward to watching barkley tonight too. My eyes are on all the great ones.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Its funny. But hey, you give the highest expectations to the best. Look forward to watching barkley tonight too. My eyes are on all the great ones.
zeke 2nd best RB production as it sits with one game to go, Cmac had 23 for 96 and zeke 22 for 96 and two scores.. that rookie so far best rb output at #1

so once again zekes in the tops at his position yet still being criticized over subbing out for play or two..sad

aria

Reaction score
He took 88% of the snaps and some of you complaining about the man deciding to get a breather. Tough crowd.
He’s the one that does the dumb feed me gesture. Maybe he wouldn’t look so foolish asking for the ball more when he can’t handle it.

Not to mention it’s just dumb and he seems to use it at the wrong times, like he’s not looking at the scoreboard or the first down markers.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Zeke had a good game. I agree it wasn't dominating, but it was a good game. Certainly nothing to sneeze at. As for being worn down, he was on the field for 88% of the offensive snaps - 63 out of the 72 plays - so he was in for the bulk of the game. No doubt that's a bigger % of snaps than the majority of RBs get, as was his 22 carries. Zeke is always at or near the top of the heap in carries per season, so he is getting his work in. At the rate of 22 carries/game he will again be at or near the most carries in the NFL again this season.

Keep in mind too that the team wants him to take an occasional break to keep him as fresh as they can.
also tps in scores and can be great at pass catching should the green horn OC actually throw the ball to RBs MORE on MOORE!!

hes not just top at yards he leads in a lot of categories..the ones that count..

aria

Reaction score
I wouldn’t expect much. I like watching great RB’s too but fortunately/unfortunately I think Barkley will get mauled tonight, the Giants O line will not only be bad IMO, but they are going up against one of the top D’s. It could be a blood bath.

If Barkley weren’t in our division I would love to see what he could do behind a good O line where he actually has space to work with. I bet they shut him down big time tonight. Shall be interesting.