Zeke vs Barkley: Which is best RB in NFL?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by quickccc, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

9,881 Messages
    10,440 Likes Received
    Because it's hypothetical.

"If our O line was 100%, Elliott would have had 2,000 yards."

2. aria

aria Well-Known Member

9,874 Messages
    9,677 Likes Received
    No, no it’s not. Are you trying to tell me that NY had a better O line than we did last year? There’s no hypothetical there, just facts.

3. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

9,881 Messages
    10,440 Likes Received
    You don't even get that you don't get it.

BourbonBalz likes this.
  4. CowboysRule

CowboysRule Well-Known Member

792 Messages
    1,540 Likes Received
    This sums up Barkley's season. The dude will do nothing all game, then break one big run to bring his average and total yards up. People look at the stats and think he played great, not taking into the account he gained nothing and helped kill a drive. Zeke>Barkley. Emmitt>Sanders. What was true then is true now.

5. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

1,043 Messages
    961 Likes Received
    well I dont dislike Zeke but I just feel Barkley is a better back. I wasnt happy with the holdout but Zeke is good. I think there are a few running backs that could flourish behind this line.

aria likes this.
  6. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

11,551 Messages
    4,451 Likes Received
    If you put Sanders at 100 (he is the best I have ever seen) on a scale of 1 - 100 in ability to make people miss, then I might put Barkley as a 85. I don't really think he is close honestly, while better than anyone else in the league right now. Barkley makes a couple/few look silly over a game. Sanders would make a few look silly multiple times a run and many a game. He was absolutely special in that regard.

Elliott not Emmitt either. Their styles are not the same. Emmitt was special IN the hole, Elliotts specialty is hitting the hole with burst and timing. Elliott won't last as long, Emmitt avoided contact and did not take direct hits. Elliott seeks out defenders and takes unnecessary hits

Just saying I don't think, right now, it is the same as the Emmitt/Barry debate. Give it a few more years to analyze it. Just my take.

7. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

6,323 Messages
    4,414 Likes Received
    Agree, it makes you think he was gashing the D the whole game.

8. aria

aria Well-Known Member

9,874 Messages
    9,677 Likes Received
    Elaborate. Use your words.

9. gp_cowpolk

gp_cowpolk Landry Hat Zone Supporter

5,309 Messages
    8,472 Likes Received
    Zeke is the best

Cowboysheelsreds053 likes this.
  10. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

13,655 Messages
    4,619 Likes Received
    Barkely is a beast but numbers point to zeke. Barkey is dangerous though. Big, powerful, fast and shifty. He is like a created player lol.

11. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

15,411 Messages
    27,454 Likes Received
    For me it's very simple:

Zeke went to Ohio State and plays for the Cowboys. Barkley went to Penn State and plays for the Giants.

Zeke >>>>>>> Barkley

kskboys likes this.
  12. amame25

amame25 Member

81 Messages
    86 Likes Received
    There's absolutely no excuse for hitting a woman like that short of saving yourself from a bullet. None.

13. JReed1000

JReed1000 Well-Known Member

188 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    It gets so tiring hearing folk talk about if Saquon had our oline...the Giants front office has scouts just like the cowboys to improve their line. Sorry...has no barring on my decision to take Zeke.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Cowboysheelsreds053 likes this.
  14. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

8,646 Messages
    8,383 Likes Received
    I still think it’s

Gurley
    Barkley
    Zeke

Just my opinion.

15. Hennessy_King

Hennessy_King Benched

7,067 Messages
    9,403 Likes Received
    #metoo. hit like a man get hit like a man. 2019 LETS GO!!!!!!!!

16. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

2,186 Messages
    752 Likes Received
    I've already answered that twice. Having caught less than 1 more pass per game doesn't qualify with 99.99% as being MUCH BETTER pass receiver. If you're hanging your hat on that you are TRULY JUST A HOMER. Less than 1 catch per game is something a child would insist on that justifies the "MUCH BETTER receiver argument. Right now it has to be past your bedtime.

17. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

8,629 Messages
    3,414 Likes Received
    Whatever you say, Scooter! LOL

18. Cowboysheelsreds053

Cowboysheelsreds053 Well-Known Member

6,323 Messages
    4,414 Likes Received
    Listen this thread could go on for 100 pages, too each there own. We have some that loves Zeke and some vice versa, but I am out on this topic. JUST glad we got Zeke the freak. PEACE ONE LOVE!

19. Mobinvans

Mobinvans Well-Known Member

2,749 Messages
    4,452 Likes Received
    Zekes rookie year was one of the best I've seen out of a back

He was hitting home runs left and right, would like to see that Zeke again this year

20. BourbonBalz

BourbonBalz Star4Ever

8,629 Messages
    3,414 Likes Received
    Ah, just what in the hell does that have to do with what I was talking about? I was talking strictly about Emmitt Smith in this post and using Rice as an example. This particular post had NOTHING to do with Elliott or Barkley. You Buzzard fans are a stupid bunch.