Twitter: Zeke: We are hungry

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do you folks get off on making insulting comments on every thread. How about just be happy that him and Pollard are both playing good.

I do actually. I'll probably stop when our 19 million dollar blocking FB is gone next season.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no denying Zeke is a better pass blocker but there is also no denying Pollard has better burst. Zeke was paid based on what he did and not what he is. Right now the 1-2 punch is working but this may be Zeke's last season in Dallas given his contract and no longer being a bell cow back.
Um....you have that wrong dude. When zeke got paid he was NFL rushing champ. SO they paid him like an NFL rushing champion.

Now they aren't using him like a rushing champ. He's still averaging 4.5 yard per carry and that is limited duty. Emmitt averaged 4.2. Look it up.

He's not getting paid from 2+ years ago based on what he's doing NOW...that one of the dumbest things I ever read here.

It's not that he CAN'T be a bell cow....the OC doesn't WANT an NFC East bell cow RB. Team isn't built for it and the plays aren't called for it. Not zeke's fault come on.

4.5 yards per carry.

Emmitt....4.2

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do actually. I'll probably stop when our 19 million dollar blocking FB is gone next season.
I know your punk butt has me blocked....but I will say it again.

Zeke = 4.5 ypc
Emmitt = 4.2 YPC

Hopefully.... YOU are gone too.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Scoring lots of points means you have a good offense. More points you score, the better chance you have of beating the team.
All true but it only takes one more point than your opponent to get that W. Now that we have a lower scoring offense it seems we are playing complimentary to our defense. I do love the high flying high octane offense don't get me wrong here.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Yah because that 20 point per game average Rush is sporting looks a lot better than the 31 point per game Dak and the offense were clicking at last year eh?

Against weak competition no less.

last year is last year, coop is 3-0 playing within the offense. I’d rather have wins than stats

zeke21

Reaction score
I don't get the Zeke hate.. I really don't. The dude set the league on fire his first season.. the only thing you could hate on him for was costing us Romo.. Zeke was so dominant he made a hack like Dak look like a star. Go back and watch Zeke again.. dude was unstoppable.

Zeke then backs that up with another great season.. although he struggles early because Dak is having trouble hitting the side of a barn.. so Zeke running into stacked boxes all day.

Then he has the contract issues.. and yeah he got paid too much.. but that is on Jones.. not on the player.

Then he is a very solid RB.. still top 3 in his position but Dak starts audibling at the line a LOT.. we have a change in coaches.. we have an OC that could scheme a run if he tried.

Then he starts last year on absolute fire.. then has an injury.. plays through the injury to still be a top 8 RB last season.

THe issue is NOT Zeke.. it is how many carries he gets, when his number is called and how he is used. It is also expected that he will start to decline.. RBs tend to have short career.. especially those used to go between the tackles.

It won't happen but I wish some posters would actually stop and look.. Zeke is a great RB and we have wasted the best of his career due to a bad QB. I think Zeke could have got us 2 rings with Romo under centre..

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You comparison is bad. Compare the two when Zeke's career is over.
Well...that's all we got for now. But since you're worried about it....how about this:

Emmitt:
Year - YPC
1 - 3.9
2 - 4.3
3 - 4.6
4 - 5.3
5 - 4.0
6 - 4.7

Average? 4.47

That is one the best RB's ever on one of the best offenses ever. The 5.3 was impressive because it was only on 283 carries. Nearly 100 less that the other years except the 1st.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
All true but it only takes one more point than your opponent to get that W. Now that we have a lower scoring offense it seems we are playing complimentary to our defense. I do love the high flying high octane offense don't get me wrong here.

So your saying that the defense is playing better because the offense is worse? Thats some top flight analysis there.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
So your saying that the defense is playing better because the offense is worse? Thats some top flight analysis there.
I am saying the offense is playing complimentary to the defense by not scoring so much and so fast. That keeps the defense on the sidelines longer thusly keeping them fresher and rested. What part of this do you not comprehend? I never give any top flight analysis if I could I wouldn't be doing it on a football forum that's for sure.* *i am a fan nothing more. And what about you? Do you give top flight analysis on here?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am saying the offense is playing complimentary to the defense by not scoring so much and so fast. That keeps the defense on the sidelines longer thusly keeping them fresher and rested. What part of this do you not comprehend? I never give any top flight analysis if I could I wouldn't be doing it on a football forum that's for sure.* *i am a fan nothing more. And what about you? Do you give top flight analysis on here?

Not scoring so much so fast?

Never heard that before. The less you score the more it compliments your defense. The more you punt the more it helps our your defense?

Maybe someone should tell Mahomes to dial back the scoring and just go for some more 3 and outs.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Not scoring so much so fast?

Never heard that before. The less you score the more it compliments your defense. The more you punt the more it helps our your defense?

Maybe someone should tell Mahomes to dial back the scoring and just go for some more 3 and outs.
Ok you got your point across. But I stand by what I said. You win dude, winner winner chicken dinner. But you never answered the question I asked you so puzzled by that. But it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Ok you got your point across. But I stand by what I said. You win dude, winner winner chicken dinner. But you never answered the question I asked you so puzzled by that. But it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

What is the question you asked? Ill answer it.